Who’s Playing What Day? 2 Electric Boogaloo

wayne rooney street strike

52 minutes ago, Aries said:

Wasn’t it said the Phoebe was a European headline exclusive at another festival? Maybe that’s why as it does seem an odd slot.

Yeah on the Latitude website early doors… JP is the best one for her if not Park Headliner, then off to Simbi on WH for a headline

WHAT A WELCOME BACK TO GLASTO 😍

12 hours ago, gabe said:

Haha I think if Neil is right about Jamie t then he is likely to be the Saturday... think there's info on primal scream Friday and charli xcx sun but could be wrong! Lorde is just a guess really 

WOW, this passed me by! How likely does Neil think his appearance is?

Why do we think Saturday?

(personally, Saturday would be a clash nightmare, Sunday would be perfect)

Edited by Little Andy

Just now, Little Andy said:

WOW, this passed me by!

Why do we think Saturday?

(personally, Saturday would be a clash nightmare, Sunday would be perfect)

I don’t think there’s any reason to think he’s gonna be one or the other tbh. We’re assuming Charli is the third JP headliner still so guess it depends on which one makes sense each night. 

20 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

That would be really daft scheduling if this were to happen. 

If it goes on like this  it won't be coin we need to flip but dice we need to roll to deal with clashes. Or create a multiple question quiz for each time slot to help us decide. 1- which stage are you at before that 2- how likely are you to see this person out of glasto (yes stealing someone else's question there) 3 - which has the highest chance of being special at glasto etc...

13 minutes ago, moogster said:

If it goes on like this  it won't be coin we need to flip but dice we need to roll to deal with clashes. Or create a multiple question quiz for each time slot to help us decide. 1- which stage are you at before that 2- how likely are you to see this person out of glasto (yes stealing someone else's question there) 3 - which has the highest chance of being special at glasto etc...

For a festival with a decent gender split this far, putting 4 extremely popular female fronted acts up against each other would be a massive mistake

7 minutes ago, moogster said:

Oh wow I hadn't notice! I was just thinking "but I like those 4!  ". 

I think it's a noticeably female heavy line up (maybe it's down to the female acts being more my cup of tea on this years line up?) so hadn't considered the gender splitting across stages and times being a thing when looking at the clashfinders. 

Edited by Brunty9
spelling

Have seen all the Four Tet/Park headliner chat. According to Clashfinder, Khruangbin now playing early afternoon Pyramid.

Feels like a spectacular waste of a slot for a band who have played early doors at Glasto a fair few times (opening two stages twice) and have since reached main headliner status at other festivals. Four Tet has played all over the shop, as recently as 2019, so a promotion to headliner feels unlikely?

Given that Khruangbin are locked for the Friday of Glastonbury, and likely with Leon Bridges in tow, I still have a hard time not seeing them headline The Park stage.

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

5 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Have seen all the Four Tet/Park headliner chat. According to Clashfinder, Khruangbin now playing early afternoon Pyramid.

Feels like a spectacular waste of a slot for a band who have played early doors at Glasto a fair few times (opening two stages twice) and have since reached main headliner status at other festivals. Four Tet has played all over the shop, as recently as 2019, so a promotion to headliner feels unlikely?

Given that Khruangbin are locked for the Friday of Glastonbury, and likely with Leon Bridges in tow, I still have a hard time not seeing them headline The Park stage.

It’s all just guesswork at this point although Four Tet has confirmed the Park himself so I don’t see him not headlining it. Khruangbin don’t necessarily have to be early doors Pyramid and could very well end up being midway up Other or West Holts, or even John Peel tbh. They always struck me more as a chilled out daytime act rather than late night headliner anyway, but maybe that’s just me. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s all just guesswork at this point although Four Tet has confirmed the Park himself so I don’t see him not headlining it. Khruangbin don’t necessarily have to be early doors Pyramid and could very well end up being midway up Other or West Holts, or even John Peel tbh. They always struck me more as a chilled out daytime act rather than late night headliner anyway, but maybe that’s just me. 

I *used* to think that but watched them headline 6 Music Festival and it was very vibey. Whole crowd was dancing by the end.

But yeah I guess they could pop up anywhere. Friday headliner was some wishful thinking on my part as I don't have anything locked in yet. Full line-up can't come soon enough...

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

With the production that they have for indoor/solo gigs  theyre def a great night time act. Their music screams summertime nights.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

If he headlines does this mean Caribou is not Saturday night headliner.  Would feel odd for the Park to have 2 Dance Headliners. 

Yeah I feel like it would be weird to have both Four Tet and Caribou as Park headliners, makes me think one of them is a sub.

If we didn’t have Bonobo on WH Friday already would suggest Khruangbin as the sub pre Simbi - and an evening run I’d sell my soul for there… maybe Bonobo (probably massively underselling here) get the Caribou early evening slot with Khruangbin following

Phoebe on JP hop over to Khruangbin then Simbi on WH… Well I can dream.

only a week to wait (hopefully) 🤞