How old are we all here on Efests nowadays?

bamber

How old are we all here nowadays?  

596 members have voted

1. 1. Some long time posters here, plenty new ones too. How does it all break down?

• 10-14
    • 15-17
    • 18-21
    • 22-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 60+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 11:00 PM

23 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Had to have stitches in it after the headliners finished. Still got a bald 2” line on my head!!

Thats bad, of course it is, and i do have sympathy for you, but thats a fantastic way to get a scar - i always think a bit of pain is worth it if you get a decent story out of it, and you have! 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Had to have stitches in it after the headliners finished. Still got a bald 2” line on my head!!

Edit - i think its me with the head injury - double post

Edited by balti-pie

6 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

In the how old are you stakes... 

Saw Marillion playing in the Marquee club in 1982. Support act was Howard Jones, who IIRC had a hard time, the crowd were overwhelming there for Marillion  and weren't shy about making their feelings known as his set went on.

Saw Marillion a few times at the Marquee in that era. But was anyone else there when Lufthansa Airport Terminal played? That’s a T-shirt I wish had survived.

Howard Jones went to my school in High Wycombe! I can’t actually remember if he was support when I saw Marillion there. I do remember how Fish would take his earring out and stage dive during Grendel, which we all got very excited about. Somewhere I have a 12” picture disk that has Grendel on the B side.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3e759922e5ea8613b450371f494236c.jpeg

Edited by Neville Street
Add picture of ticket

48 at the end of this year, can’t say I feel any older than I did 15 years ago, I’m definitely fitter, but I did get a shock recently when I decided to grow a beard for the first time in my life and it came through almost  completely white, that shit got shaved off straight away.

32 minutes ago, Smeble said:

48 at the end of this year, can’t say I feel any older than I did 15 years ago, I’m definitely fitter, but I did get a shock recently when I decided to grow a beard for the first time in my life and it came through almost  completely white, that shit got shaved off straight away.

I'm 53 and have never tried growing one.  Someone once told me that only paedos and sex offenders had them which was a tad off-putting.

11 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

In the how old are you stakes... 

Saw Marillion playing in the Marquee club in 1982. Support act was Howard Jones, who IIRC had a hard time, the crowd were overwhelming there for Marillion  and weren't shy about making their feelings known as his set went on.

I saw them at Monsters of Rock in 1985. 

Ah teenage years, Donington and Glastonbury all in the same year.

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Grew a beard during lockdown. I say grew a beard, that makes it sound like an active choice. More, couldn't be arsed shaving. A lot of grey but it quite suited me. Shaved it off after a few months. Fucking hell my face is weird. And it'd been weird for 43 years at that point. Why did no one say anything? 

Went right back to not shaving and I don't care what colour it changes too, it's staying put now. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

If anything I look dodgier without a beard. 

Yeah kids today don't have to put up with incessant coverage of the Yorkshire ripper, so beards are warmly embraced - literally and figuratively 

Edited by clarkete