How old are we all here on Efests nowadays?

bamber

How old are we all here nowadays?  

596 members have voted

1. 1. Some long time posters here, plenty new ones too. How does it all break down?

• 10-14
    • 15-17
    • 18-21
    • 22-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 60+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 11:00 PM

4 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

I'll be 53 by the time of this year's festival, and find this post to be inspirational.

I'm going to go to as many as I can.

It's nice of you to call the post inspirational @BlackZeppelin but that's putting it a bit strong.  There is something about Glastonbury that sets it apart and gives you a chance to focus on what matters in life.  I go away each time wondering why people can't be so nice and careing back in the 'real world'.  It was a place where one of my daughters pondered her future and decided first of all to be an overseas aid worker, which didn't work out but that was because she went to work for a dodgy charity, and then to do her third degree and become a mental health nurse - her present career, which she's enjoying.

I notice that you're from Melbourne, a city I've visited several times as my wife's sister lives there. For our last trip we managed to get a cheap deal to fly Business Class and had proper beds and a decent night's sleep.  That's pretty much my approach to Glastonbury.  A couple of good nights sleeping in a comfortable bed gives you the energy to go for it so by the end you can burn the candle at both ends and in the middle.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, rubick said:

I'll be 45 by the time Glastonbury rolls around. I've said it before but I wish I'd started going much sooner than 2015. I didn't really start going to festivals until 2011 ffs. So many wasted years. 

Pretty much the same. I was 45/46 (?) When i went to my first in 2009. Now 60 and this will be my 8th given not getting tickets and fallow years. Being an avid gig goer and party animal after a divorce at the age of 26 you'd have thought i would have but it never came about. Happily married to an understanding wife now though.

One very important thing is that us more ‘mature’ on here don’t treat the festival as some sort of trip down memory lane and seeing heritage acts. There are plenty of other festivals and gigs that do that, indeed I sometimes go to them. It’s important to embrace change, check out new stuff and be open minded. One of the enjoyable things is trawling through the line up when it’s announced finding acts to see. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

One very important thing is that us more ‘mature’ on here don’t treat the festival as some sort of trip down memory lane and seeing heritage acts. There are plenty of other festivals and gigs that do that, indeed I sometimes go to them. It’s important to embrace change, check out new stuff and be open minded. One of the enjoyable things is trawling through the line up when it’s announced finding acts to see. 

Exactly this, lots of new finds for me this year, Easy Life a must see , love them. Part of the enjoyment is looking through the new acts, i've found countless artists i have followed down the years after the festival.

16 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

When I got into my 40s I realised how wrong I was to ever think I was old in my 30s. No doubt when I get to my 50s it’ll be the same with my 40s. And so on. 

I actually feel younger in my 60s than I did in my 30s, when I had all sorts of responsibilities and worries (financial, family, work) that I just don't have any more.  I'm still fit enough to do what I want to do and with the freedom to enjoy it.

And it's such great fun embarrassing the offspring who now have to deal with all the things I had to when I was their age.

Happy days.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Haha, I’m 52 and just come back from Hard Rock Hell in Ibiza and i was the last one out at 4am every night and all but one of the group are younger than me (note that I didn’t say last man standing)

Hey lovely, well done, can’t wait to get back out there, my 2nd favourite place, wishing you a wonderful trip x

Just now, BluePaul said:

I actually feel younger in my 60s than I did in my 30s, when I had all sorts of responsibilities and worries (financial, family, work) that I just don't have any more.  I'm still fit enough to do what I want to do and with the freedom to enjoy it.

And it's such great fun embarrassing the offspring who now have to deal with all the things I had to when I was their age.

Happy days.

This is what I’m looking forward to! My old man is having an absolute whale of a time in his retirement, bought himself a camper van and is constantly off somewhere exploring and meeting new people. He’s doing it right, well proud of him.

15 minutes ago, Charm said:

Hey lovely, well done, can’t wait to get back out there, my 2nd favourite place, wishing you a wonderful trip x

Yeah, had a great time. Was strange seeing loads of Metal/rock fans in an Ibiza style setting but definitely going next year as well (by which time I’ll be a 53 year old last man out at 4am haha)

Edited by rivalschools.price

I will be 60 in September. My 50s have been the very best years of my life - and as someone has already mentioned, you can learn to let go and really enjoy yourself with all that experience. I intend to get a tattoo for the big day.

One or two people in my life have suggested that, given the imminent big birthday, I should probably call a halt to festivals, camping, partying, staying out late and generally failing to grow up. What do you think?

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I have to say it physically pains me how far down that list my age bracket was 😄 Starting to have to scroll back further on forms to find 1987 too.

That’s so right, takes me as long to find my year of birth as trying the find United Kingdom in the alphabetical list of countries of the world. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s so right, takes me as long to find my year of birth as trying the find United Kingdom in the alphabetical list of countries of the world. 

little tech tip but on some websites if you start typing it eg type UK or Uni it will jump straight to it, same with years and also months 🙂  Not sure if its a chrome thing or all browsers do it

23 hours ago, scrippit said:

I will be 60 in September. My 50s have been the very best years of my life - and as someone has already mentioned, you can learn to let go and really enjoy yourself with all that experience. I intend to get a tattoo for the big day.

One or two people in my life have suggested that, given the imminent big birthday, I should probably call a halt to festivals, camping, partying, staying out late and generally failing to grow up. What do you think?

And whats their 'reasoning' for asking you if you're giving up the things you love.  I hate aging and people telling me 'how to behave' - Petra pan they say I am, I just say its living how I want to live, and all the time I am fit and healthy enough to do it, I will . Who labels behaviours into age categories ?

I think you should change your friends (joking) and tell them to come along and try it out ? Or pipe down lol