How old are we all here on Efests nowadays?

bamber

How old are we all here nowadays?  

596 members have voted

1. 1. Some long time posters here, plenty new ones too. How does it all break down?

• 10-14
    • 15-17
    • 18-21
    • 22-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 60+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, Junglist1981 said:

Dunno what the moral of that is tbh. You’re only ever as old as you feel maybe? Basically I’ve completely stopped worrying about it now.

That’s exactly it, as long as you do what you can to keep fit, keep the mind active, relax when you can and try not to get stressed. You can’t stop ageing but you don’t have to let it get in the way of continuing to live as full and active life as you can.  Fuck it, you only get one chance at it. No way am I going to sit quietly in the bowling club lounge waiting to die when I could be on the pyramid field! 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

When I got into my 40s I realised how wrong I was to ever think I was old in my 30s. No doubt when I get to my 50s it’ll be the same with my 40s. And so on. 

Dunno what the moral of that is tbh. You’re only ever as old as you feel maybe? Basically I’ve completely stopped worrying about it now.

A DJ I follow on Instagram was moaning about how old they felt on their mid 20somethingth birthday the other day. I definitely made this actual face ->🙄

"Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not
understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded."

- Baz Luhrmann, Sunscreen.

72 and not ashamed of it.  Been going since Glasto -2 (Bath Blues Fest) and -1 (Shepton Mallet).  As I've aged I've gone from tent via trailer tent to big caravan as I appreciate some home comforts, like an indoor lavvie for those middle of the night moments. But I least I can say I saw all the great bands from the time they were starting off.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s exactly it, as long as you do what you can to keep fit, keep the mind active, relax when you can and try not to get stressed. You can’t stop ageing but you don’t have to let it get in the way of continuing to live as full and active life as you can.  Fuck it, you only get one chance at it. No way am I going to sit quietly in the bowling club lounge waiting to die when I could be on the pyramid field! 

The bowls club in our village was the centre of a swinging (not the dance music variety) group. Definitely going out with a bang!

10 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Lol I know the forum skews older but this is so much older than I expected so far. 

I think I remember reading that the average age of a Glastonbury attendee is 39 years old. That looks almost spot on looking at the distribution above but the demographic on here is just massively light at the bottom end of the age range. Do people under 25 use forums these days?

59 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

72 and not ashamed of it.  Been going since Glasto -2 (Bath Blues Fest) and -1 (Shepton Mallet).  As I've aged I've gone from tent via trailer tent to big caravan as I appreciate some home comforts, like an indoor lavvie for those middle of the night moments. But I least I can say I saw all the great bands from the time they were starting off.

I'll be 53 by the time of this year's festival, and find this post to be inspirational.

I'm going to go to as many as I can.

49 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

The bowls club in our village was the centre of a swinging (not the dance music variety) group. Definitely going out with a bang!

I play boules (the French version that you play with steel balls on a gravel pitch or piste.  But last year quite a few of our players quit and moved to join the village bowls club.  Perhaps you've hit on the reason why.

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Well,the bowls club in our town are the complete opposite.  The flag is constantly at half mast due to the fact it’s lowered every time another member drops dead. It’s made me think bowling must be a bloody dangerous pastime. 

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

I think I remember reading that the average age of a Glastonbury attendee is 39 years old. That looks almost spot on looking at the distribution above but the demographic on here is just massively light at the bottom end of the age range. Do people under 25 use forums these days?

Forums are archaic! Only place you can have proper, archivable discussion though, just not possible with fb/twitter etc. Discord has replaced forums if anything I reckon. The R&L board definitely has some younger people on it. I think the lack of sales has meant a lot of people who are under like 21 won't have a ticket and therefore aren't about too maybe

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

Do people under 25 use forums these days?

Perhaps a bit of a lurk around T day or resale time, but not voting in heated debates (©️ Mrs Merton)

Other than that working/studying, going to gigs, getting drunk/high, masturbating. 

I may have given away too much of my own youth there. 

I'll be the amusingly numbered 69 for another 3 months and then I'll have to grow up.

I'm with @Ayrshire Chris and @grumpyhack on this, keep on doing it until your body tells you to stop. You might have to do it differently, and recovery time is certainly longer, but a number is just a number. And anyway, I once looked at daytime TV and it was frightening - no way I'm sitting in front of that and vegetating. 

47 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Perhaps a bit of a lurk around T day or resale time, but not voting in heated debates (©️ Mrs Merton)

Other than that working/studying, going to gigs, getting drunk/high, masturbating. 

I was the same, but not necessarily in that order😉

10 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Most definitely. Birthday falls on the 28th so I'll be recovering by then 😆

Well congratulations. We share the same date. Sadly I am twice your age, but still going strong. We are very lucky in that, excepting odd years like this one, we get to celebrate our birthdays during the festival. I have enjoyed my last 3 milestone birthdays with friends and family at the farm. So lucky. Have a good one!

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

This and what @grumpyhacksaid. At least got to see some classic bands in their prime.

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Sorry I thought for a moment you were describing your current lifestyle. Seemed quite admirable. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well,the bowls club in our town are the complete opposite.  The flag is constantly at half mast due to the fact it’s lowered every time another member drops dead. It’s made me think bowling must be a bloody dangerous pastime. 

Almost as dangerous as appearing in Last of the Summer Wine. 

I'm 17. I first went in 2019 with my dad and sister, so I was 14 and my sister was 11. My dad @Kim Wrong-Unwho's also on here, had been watching Glastonbury on TV for years and wanting to go once we were old enough to enjoy enough of the music. I remember watching some of 2017 on TV, specifically Radiohead and Ed Sheeran. I thought Radiohead were "crap dad music" and that Sheeran was really good. Which is a bit ironic now considering Radiohead are my favourite band of all time. So after 2017, my dad decided that 2019 was the first year we'd try for tickets as 2018 was a fallow, and we'd be two years older, and my sister and I were both getting into music more.

We luckily managed to get tickets in the October coach sale of 2018, which we were all ecstatic about. I think I heard about this forum through my dad, who'd seen it was a good place to get info before the line-up dropped. I remember seeing the rumours page, and thinking that it must be fake as there was no way anyone would be able to predict over half the line-up before the festival had said anything. After a bit more digging, I found that it was real, and that it was a culmination of what people had seen or heard on here as well as Neil getting info.

I lurked pretty much everyday on here from April to the festival, reading about rumours and line-up placements. The forum and Barbster360's videos did such a good job of getting me excited for the festival, that it was a genuine concern whether it would live up to the hopes and expectations. But it did, and I had the best weekend ever. Highlights included The Cure, The Killers and Foals. As well as the moment I realised it was the best place in the world. Which was during Hobo Jones's cover of One Way Of Life by The Levellers. They'd just thrown out hundreds of kazoos and beach balls out into the crowd, I managed to catch one of the kazoos and still have it on my desk. I realised there's nowhere else on earth that anyone is having an experience like this, and although I was laughing at the stupidity of it, it was actually really special. You can see a snippet of it in Barbster's video, where a familiar hat makes an appearance. 

We managed to get tickets for 2020 during the last few minutes of the main sale, so we've had our tickets for about two and a half years now. We're travelling down on the Tuesday, from Manchester to Bristol by train. Stopping most of the night in the Premier Inn next to the coach station and then getting a coach at 6am, which should get us in the queue before gates open at 8am, and we'll be trying for Big Ground this year. We went Wicket in 2019, but as we're coming on the Wednesday this year, we want somewhere a bit more central, and Big Ground seems to fit the bill. It's been a long couple of years waiting for Glastonbury, but it's just over a month to go, and I can't wait to be back at the farm in those beautiful fields.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 13