What beakers/bottles/mugs/whatever do you use?

clarkete

16 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

Appreciate I will take some heat from the day bag naysayers here and unsure if it’s been mentioned before but I’ve taken a Camelback for the last few festivals and, particularly in really hot years (which will be the case this year) it’s a Godsend. Keeps the water cool and is no more to carry than the regular rucksack.

It’s what I do. A godsend when it’s a hot one. Every second fill I put a couple of hydration salt tablets in. 

I duo drop the bag at a lockup or tent before sub time. I like to be in the pit and hate having a bag in a dense crowd. What I need can go in the pockets evening time. 

23 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

Appreciate I will take some heat from the day bag naysayers here and unsure if it’s been mentioned before but I’ve taken a Camelback for the last few festivals and, particularly in really hot years (which will be the case this year) it’s a Godsend. Keeps the water cool and is no more to carry than the regular rucksack.

I love my Camelback but after a few hours in the sun I find that water gets that horrible plastic taste. Maybe I've just got a rubbish one. Have filled it with rum and ginger beer a few times which masks the plastic taste but I tend to get rather wobbly too quickly when I've got rum on tap 

Edited by Beergirl

On 5/14/2022 at 1:12 PM, clarkete said:

As an oldie I'm better at hydrating myself than when I went and only drank booze or at a push booze and tea. 

Also as an aging hippy try to cut down on the wasted cups.

Every day for me is some sort of mix of
Water (maybe a metal bottle these days? although tbh that's not what I necessarily want to carry in by coach - should I have got involved in bottle gate?)
Tea - I go  to Tiny Tea Tend a lot and use their mugs but other places are often paper cups or whatever so wondering if there's tips for something nicer and still practical too?
Gin - I have used the metal festival beakers but tbh didn't necessarily enjoy drinking out of them, other years I've used those acrylic beakers you get from the supermarket.  Cheap to buy, light, not broken one over about a decade and used them at home too regularly.

So maybe there's something I could take that would be usable for both tea and G&T or maybe I'm just overthinking this?  If there's one place with fevered pre-glastonbury overthinking it's amongst you lot.

I’ve just bought me and my husband one of these each after admiring a friend’s one for a while. Keeps drinks hot for 7 hours, and cool for even longer!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Stainless-King-Travel-Tumbler/dp/B00LN6JXDA/ref=asc_df_B00LN6JXDA/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205246521265&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12246543457699000172&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006506&hvtargid=pla-422167782151&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

We've used these for years. Shoulder strap if you want it too. I just stick mine in my Glasto tote bag. Careful with fizzy stuff when flipping the drinking spout up though, tends to act like a overzealous drinking fountain!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PHILORN-Stainless-Insulated-Drinking-Shoulder/dp/B08CGKXYWH/ref=sr_1_23?crid=187CTHJ7E1LTC&keywords=thermal%2Bflask%2B1l&qid=1652949589&s=kitchen&sprefix=thermal%2Bflask%2Ckitchen%2C57&sr=1-23&th=1&psc=1

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2022 at 6:44 PM, StoneCircle said:

I read up on SHO before purchasing the food flask and found great reviews. The food flask BTW would be good for ice cube storage if you got a bag from the Co-op! 

@StoneCircle you were spot on, I got the larger flask, which isn't exactly cheap, but once you make yourself two drinks the remainder of about half a bag of ice went in - they only seemed to do one size of bag, but I gave the remainder to some sticklinch neighbours.

By the following morning we were shocked to see it was still entirely ice.  It remained icey for most of the day and until evening/night. This was perfect for us as our mixers weren't chilled and nor was the flavoured gin, but they were lovely refreshing drinks. 

Thanks 😊

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

@StoneCircle you were spot on, I got the larger flask, which isn't exactly cheap, but once you make yourself two drinks the remainder of about half a bag of ice went in - they only seemed to do one size of bag, but I gave the remainder to some sticklinch neighbours.

By the following morning we were shocked to see it was still entirely ice.  It remained icey for most of the day and until evening/night. This was perfect for us as our mixers weren't chilled and nor was the flavoured gin, but they were lovely refreshing drinks. 

Thanks 😊

Pleased to hear it was a success! I loved my Sho beaker, no more freezing cold hands!

And in the winter you can take hearty stews and soups in your flask on days out!  👍

• Upvote 1