What beakers/bottles/mugs/whatever do you use?

clarkete

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

@StoneCircle good feedback here from the toughest of crowds (mumsnet) in relation to sho bottles, one of the few that gets rated with Chillys.

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/_chat/3633624-chillys-bottles?

I read up on SHO before purchasing the food flask and found great reviews. The food flask BTW would be good for ice cube storage if you got a bag from the Co-op! 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Good tip 😊

PS And the best cool bag I have ever owned - https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62771/lakeland-thermoflex-cool-bag-20-litre?src=gfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpv2TBhDoARIsALBnVnknAIqX7T2tDwnsvDUmVdKizs7cuyJU0nctAPJcbdHmcKlqPGSnIswaAriCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds I picked ours up off eBay for under £20.00 The are lined with flectalon which keeps things cold for longer.

We bring the caravan so our drinks are refrigerated then transferred into the cool bag, rarely use the bars apart from The Cider Bus which is a must!

1 hour ago, SheffJeff said:

I got a couple of these in 2019 after a recommendation on here... was a bit of a game changer for getting rounds in or for when I didn't want to be fannying about queuing for drinks during a set.

Screenshot_20220514-144057_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have seen those mentioned elsewhere here, I solved that problem easily by scaring away friends 😉

50 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

PS And the best cool bag I have ever owned - https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62771/lakeland-thermoflex-cool-bag-20-litre?src=gfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpv2TBhDoARIsALBnVnknAIqX7T2tDwnsvDUmVdKizs7cuyJU0nctAPJcbdHmcKlqPGSnIswaAriCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds I picked ours up off eBay for under £20.00 The are lined with flectalon which keeps things cold for longer.!

Aye, my inner cheapskate definitely prefers twenty to for quid, but none around atm it seems, searching for reviews of similar it turns out this is a bargain compared to the standard middle class cool bag - and not including those incredible Aussie ones mentioned here that cost a bundle but can keep cans or steaks cool for days. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I have seen those mentioned elsewhere here, I solved that problem easily by scaring away friends 😉

Aye, my inner cheapskate definitely prefers twenty to for quid, but none around atm it seems, searching for reviews of similar it turns out this is a bargain compared to the standard middle class cool bag - and not including those incredible Aussie ones mentioned here that cost a bundle but can keep cans or steaks cool for days. 

We have an Igloo Maxcold as well as the caravan fridge, I have never been one for packing light!! 😂

I absolutely swear by these sports shaker bottles as my drinking vessel of choice. Can remove the lid and drink using the brim or the mouth spout opening which easily clips on and off. As it's enclosed and you can shake it all about, it's ideal for dancing with without spilling, and same for when sitting down on the grass as you can tip it without it going everywhere.

The ones with the plastic filter grid at the top are the best as you can fill the bottle with ice and it'll prevent chunks coming through. I usually carry a plastic bottle full of spirits and add it to the bottle along with mixers from the co-op. The measurement markings on the side are handy if you want accuracy, but I just play it by eye. 

They're only a couple quid, and most are about 750-1000ml capacity. Under the guise of sustainability I'll often ask the bars to just fill the bottle with beer/cider and you get more drink due to the increased capacity vs the disposable paper cups they use and they charge the same price.

Honestly a game changer.

image.thumb.png.0051c9cb9775104f9bf23b0fd4b6751a.png

Edited by Tremas
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:15 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Related question: some of the bigger bars serve up pre-poured pints.

Is there any obligation for them to fill up a reusable cup?

I've got a plastic Stein and most bars won't fill it directly because of health reasons, but will pour a pre-poured drink in. 

Thanks for that link @StoneCircle, I've just bought a mug for tea and cocktails.

@clarkete, that mug seems ideal. I also got an enamel mug for this time, but may now switch to just the insulated mug. On insulated bottles, it depends if they're carbonated as to which ones to get. The Wilko ones don't recommend carbonated drinks, if yours are still, these should be good enough. I wanted some for cocktails, so went with a Proworks bottle, but also have a discounted FLSK bottle too. 

It’s a shame Glastonbury doesn’t do a similar thing to latitude and their decorated hard plastic cups, I’ve kept a load of them and use them for picnics, parties etc.

guess logistics are an issue with various bars being run by different groups.

Appreciate I will take some heat from the day bag naysayers here and unsure if it’s been mentioned before but I’ve taken a Camelback for the last few festivals and, particularly in really hot years (which will be the case this year) it’s a Godsend. Keeps the water cool and is no more to carry than the regular rucksack.

4 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

Appreciate I will take some heat from the day bag naysayers here and unsure if it’s been mentioned before but I’ve taken a Camelback for the last few festivals and, particularly in really hot years (which will be the case this year) it’s a Godsend. Keeps the water cool and is no more to carry than the regular rucksack.

I was thinking this too, could chuck some ice in it and it'd be so refreshing if it's a hot one.

One could get a second cheap one just to use for wine, too!