What beakers/bottles/mugs/whatever do you use?

clarkete

As an oldie I'm better at hydrating myself than when I went and only drank booze or at a push booze and tea. 

Also as an aging hippy try to cut down on the wasted cups.

Every day for me is some sort of mix of
Water (maybe a metal bottle these days? although tbh that's not what I necessarily want to carry in by coach - should I have got involved in bottle gate?)
Tea - I go  to Tiny Tea Tend a lot and use their mugs but other places are often paper cups or whatever so wondering if there's tips for something nicer and still practical too?
Gin - I have used the metal festival beakers but tbh didn't necessarily enjoy drinking out of them, other years I've used those acrylic beakers you get from the supermarket.  Cheap to buy, light, not broken one over about a decade and used them at home too regularly.

So maybe there's something I could take that would be usable for both tea and G&T or maybe I'm just overthinking this?  If there's one place with fevered pre-glastonbury overthinking it's amongst you lot.

The park piloted the stainless steel pint glasses in 2016 I think it was. £5 deposit I think it was. I still have mine and it's currently employed as a toothbrush holder

Not sure if I've seen them since tbh 

Edited by gherkin8r

34 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Related question: some of the bigger bars serve up pre-poured pints.

Is there any obligation for them to fill up a reusable cup?

I think you can get them to put it into a reusable one, but I may be imagining that. 

26 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

The park piloted the stainless steel pint glasses in 2016 I think it was. £5 deposit I think it was. I still have mine and it's currently employed as a toothbrush holder

Yes, I've got two, but would always choose an acrylic first - something about cold bare steel maybe? 

25 minutes ago, am00 said:

I've been eyeing up these (ridiculously expensive?) stemless wine glasses that keep drinks cool, and have lids! 

I think perfect for spirit and mixer and a coffee and maybe a cocktail?

https://corkcicle.com/products/stemless?variant=39856950673496

They do look very nice, but yeah pricey for something you might lose

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

You could get them at the water points in 2019 and they were for sale at Worthy Pastures and I'm pretty sure they were available in 2017, but can't remember where.

1 hour ago, am00 said:

I've been eyeing up these (ridiculously expensive?) stemless wine glasses that keep drinks cool, and have lids! 

Cheaper version from SHO, with free postage!  - https://shoreusable.com/products/sho-pacto?currency=GBP&variant=31448951160866&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=13036644135&utm_content=124988770467&utm_term=&gadid=520415974456&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpv2TBhDoARIsALBnVnnIiH3jyEy7Ni-KSoouOErXndVDNYhjxcsJ9PR0OYirsB_tcMObQPMaAr5hEALw_wcB 🙂

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Thanks 2

For 2019, I got two cheap insulated metal bottles and they were honestly  the best thing I've ever had for cold drinks! 

I used to fill one them with ice and they'd keep it as ice for hours. I used one just for water and one for my spirit of choice for the day.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That does look good, not a bad size either, now if @vintagelaureatehas a link for those bottles that could be a good combo for everything maybe? 

I think I picked them up in Home and Bargain to be honest! I'll see if they're branded or anything shortly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

Yeah we got them, they told us any bar we go to you just hand in your steel pint glass and they'll wash and re-fill it to save waste..... No where else has a clue what we were on about when we went to different bars 🤣

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That does look good, not a bad size either, now if @vintagelaureatehas a link for those bottles that could be a good combo for everything maybe? 

I have bought one as they are only £10 and its better than freezing my hand off! I already have various Chillys bottles but SHO do a range too and they are considerable cheaper!  - https://shoreusable.com/products/the-sho-bottle  I also have one of their food flasks so can verify they are a decent make.

Edited by StoneCircle

I use a metal water bottle, a tin cup for tea/coffee in the morning and an old pewter pint tankard I picked up a few years ago for beer/rum. Its great, can clip it to my bag when I'm not using it and it keeps drinks relatively cold  

1 hour ago, am00 said:

I was bought one of these and hadnt thought of using it for Glasto.  Main issue being it isnt huge and whatever you are decanting from needs to be cold first.  Perhaps if your are pouring bought drinks into it to keep it colder for a few minutes more? Doesn't seem worth the space in your day sack for that though?  I

Interested to know how you envision using it?  Don't want to miss a canny trick if I already own one I could take!

49 minutes ago, Beergirl said:

I use a metal water bottle, a tin cup for tea/coffee in the morning and an old pewter pint tankard I picked up a few years ago for beer/rum. Its great, can clip it to my bag when I'm not using it and it keeps drinks relatively cold  

Ditto I have about 4 Glasto metal bottles, use one every day for water. I have one for water at the festival and the others I use to transport other beverages. The original huge one holds a bottle of wine (ps they’re not leakproof so always transport standing up). I love the metal pint pots and have 4 we use at home, great for teenagers! I take one to decant cider at the bars as it’s rigid. I also have a Glasto tin cup I use for coffee at camp ️ 

As vendors are no longer allowed to see single use bottles i’ve bought myself a reusable drink bottle for the festival.

I carry a hip flask full of rum and will buy cold cans of coke.

It’s one of those infuser bottles - figure i can pack the infuser with limes.

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I have bought one as they are only £10 and its better than freezing my hand off! I already have various Chillys bottles but SHO do a range too and they are considerable cheaper!  - https://shoreusable.com/products/the-sho-bottle  I also have one of their food flasks so can verify they are a decent make.

Some good tips thanks 😊

1 hour ago, Glast0baby said:

I was bought one of these and hadnt thought of using it for Glasto.  Main issue being it isnt huge and whatever you are decanting from needs to be cold first.  Perhaps if your are pouring bought drinks into it to keep it colder for a few minutes more? Doesn't seem worth the space in your day sack for that though?  I

Interested to know how you envision using it?  Don't want to miss a canny trick if I already own one I could take!

Thinking I can carry a hip flask, pour a measure in there and top up with soft drinks from bars/food stalls (can of coke etc) 

Also for a coffee in mornings etc in lieu of tin mug 

1 hour ago, Glast0baby said:

I'd been thinking of either drinks from bars (although it can be a pleasant novelty if you find a bar with ice), or my own drinks in the Chillys type bottles mentioned, especially with some ice from the co op ideally. 

1 hour ago, Beergirl said:

Pewter tankard? La Di Dah, very fancy 🍺

54 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

It’s one of those infuser bottles - figure i can pack the infuser with limes.

Infuser bottle? What alchemy is this? 

32 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Water bottle for water. 500ml Glasto steel bottle filled with vodka. 

Steel bottle, is that the milk churn? 

51 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

It’s got a filter section. I think people put lemon or cucumber slices inside to flavour their water.

D56DF5BE-E879-4DF5-A76C-8237E2792494.jpeg

Crikey? 

As @Bza indicates, if the daybag naysayers get wind of our fancy talk they'll be here with pitchforks.

29 minutes ago, Bza said:

Tend to have a proper ceramic mug for brews around the tent as I hate those enemal ones as they are always too hot to hold and then cool down too quickly. 

Admire the dedication of bringing a mug and appreciate the enamel feedback, that's one of the ideas I did consider as the handle would give option of fastening to said bag. 

@StoneCircle good feedback here from the toughest of crowds (mumsnet) in relation to sho bottles, one of the few that gets rated with Chillys.

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/_chat/3633624-chillys-bottles?

• Upvote 1