Day Bag recommendations..

mrfunk

8 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Funny, I was looking at a Glastonbury fan website, and some of the photos from the 90s (yes I know, a long time ago now) virtually no-one is carrying bags....no one (bar ladies with handbags) used to carry bags when I started doing festivals in 1999!

Nah, I used to go to festivals back then and people definitely had bags.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:37 AM, Chazwozza said:

I use a single strap bag from the Healthy Back Bag people - designed to not strain your lower back. Also useful as a pillow for afternoon power naps.

Are these as good as claimed? Cos they aren't cheap. What size do you have? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, WestCountryGirl said:

I got this last year:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FKRH1J3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Perfect size (surprisingly roomy) and comfy to wear. I found the "phone pouch" on the front of the strap was really convenient for storing cash/card and have it right under my nose. I've actually started using it occasionally in general life - far from fashionable, but just so practical.

I just wanted to A) Thank you for this recommendation, and B) second it. Picked one up (the grey one) and it's perfect. Valuables in the front, and the back fits plenty inside for my purposes.

Netting on both sides holds standard metal water bottles securely, and there's one on each side if you want to use both (one vodka, one gin water... ) Bottles like these fit perfectly...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOGI-Insulated-Stainless-Outdoor-Cleaning/dp/B073S46N48/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=metal%2Bwater%2Bbottle&qid=1654363345&sr=8-7&th=1&psc=1

And the main compartment is big enough to hold a small camping chair (like the one linked below,) with room to spare for other things. I've got my camping chair, poncho, and a thin hoodie in the main compartment, in the compartment in front of that I have a power bank and cables (with room to spare.) And obviously in the 'security' section on the front strap, I'll have my phone and money. 

Camping chair - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/folding-camping-chair-mh500/_/R-p-173601

(I'm hoping I won't be carrying the chair around anyway, but I'll see how I feel after the first day on my feet, and be prepared just in case!) 

And yet the bag looks so small and compact. Perfect for lugging around all day. Thanks for the recommendation

Now for the negatives... If, like me, you're a big bloke and want to pop a thick hoodie or something warm for the evening inside it, you may not be able to put anything else large in the big compartment. My thin hooded jacket and compact chair is almost it's limit. I cannot fit my thick hoodies in there at the same time as the chair. Likewise, if you intend to carry around a few cans of beer, you won't get much else in the main compartment.

I will also be taking a bigger day bag incase I need to carry around footwear or anything bigger. But I'm not going to need that am I? 😉 

For anyone peeved at this thread and not quite understanding that some people actually need a bag has it ever occurred to you that some people like my daughter need to take insulin, her meter and a couple of small cans of coke as well as her phone as she's a Type 1 diabetic 

4 hours ago, Mark0 said:

For anyone peeved at this thread and not quite understanding that some people actually need a bag has it ever occurred to you that some people like my daughter need to take insulin, her meter and a couple of small cans of coke as well as her phone as she's a Type 1 diabetic 

I shouldn't worry about it too much, take what you like, do what you like, ignore the snobbery and enjoy your festival. 🙂

I wouldn't have taken a bag to something like this 10 years ago, times and people move on. Nobody will bat an eye lid when you're there, plenty of people with day bags. 

(FWIW we get this same debate in my main hobby... "why do you want to take a bag, it just slows everything down?" TEN MINUTES LATER... "Can I put this in your bag?" 🤬🙈😂)

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1