Day Bag recommendations..

mrfunk

17 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Each to their own, my view relates to a very wet Leeds festival in the early 00's where having wet jeans and trying to dry them was an absolute nightmare! 😅

I wear jeans and take two pairs of very good, breathable waterproof trousers. Has worked for me!

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Reckon 12 cans pulling on your neck might not be too comfortable 

Especially 440ml ones. That looks like it only holds 330ml cans. 

Not sure why waterproofing is a feature either. Obviously having a wet can makes it undrinkable for some people. 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Reckon 12 cans pulling on your neck might not be too comfortable 

yeah youre right , I'll stick with cans in my back pack but deffo gonna try and drink more in the bars this time 👍

I haven’t been sin

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

deffo gonna try and drink more in the bars this time 👍

Yeah I haven’t been since 2017 so i’m just gonna do whatever takes my fancy rather than be too hungup on cost this year

1 minute ago, Twiggy553 said:

I haven’t been sin

Yeah I haven’t been since 2017 so i’m just gonna do whatever takes my fancy rather than be too hungup on cost this year

The queues put me off, if i see people waiting i just CBA haha

2 minutes ago, gazzared said:

The queues put me off, if i see people waiting i just CBA haha

Can't say I've ever experienced a really bad queue for a bar at Glastonbury to be honest, even pre-headliner. Possibly misremembering though.

I tend to buy most of drinks throughout the day now, and have cans during acts when I don't want to leave to the bar or in the early hours when I just need something cold, wet & fizzy.

50 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Do the big day bag people take a big day bag if they go into their local town for a ramble and a pint?

No but there's going to be toilets with loo roll there isnt there? The lack of loo roll doesnt matter to men obvs if you have already done your poo stop but for women its essential. Plus you may be having a massive flooding period so all of that stuff is in your bag - even worse you might be waiting for a massive flooding period so it will all STILL be in your bag. Oh to be a man who can skip about in his cargo shorts without fear of this sort of occurance. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

No but there's going to be toilets with loo roll there isnt there? The lack of loo roll doesnt matter to men obvs if you have already done your poo stop but for women its essential. Plus you may be having a massive flooding period so all of that stuff is in your bag - even worse you might be waiting for a massive flooding period so it will all STILL be in your bag. Oh to be a man who can skip about in his cargo shorts without fear of this sort of occurance. 

Yes, females in our group (or is it "people who menstruate"?!) already doing the math, praying, hoping.....

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yes, females in our group (or is it "people who menstruate"?!) already doing the math, praying, hoping.....

Word.

Interesting piece of info I found though for those unlucky with the math: the shee pee places will have a compost toilet with a sink or something for those using "reusable" products. I find this a nice attention which means actually that less of a day bag is needed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

Word.

Interesting piece of info I found though for those unlucky with the math: the shee pee places will have a compost toilet with a sink or something for those using "reusable" products. I find this a nice attention which means actually that less of a day bag is needed.

Thanks will pass on the info.

Although I have to admit Im way deeper into this gruesome conversation now than I initially anticipated....

Ultralight Stuff Pack - Osprey Packs | Official European Site

I am rocking one of these and highly recommend it. It packs down into the little pouch seen here which is easily small enough to stick into a coat / cargo shorts pocket.

I always take one, I like to pack a waterproof, fleece, sunglasses, recharge battery, camera, water bottle, wet wipes and a range of snacks (tracker bars, skips, mini cheddars and haribo) just to keep the wolf from the door.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:38 AM, The Nal said:

Do the big day bag people take a big day bag if they go into their local town for a ramble and a pint?

Funny, I was looking at a Glastonbury fan website, and some of the photos from the 90s (yes I know, a long time ago now) virtually no-one is carrying bags....no one (bar ladies with handbags) used to carry bags when I started doing festivals in 1999!

It backs up my claim this is more of a recent problem, that not content with bringing too much crap into the festival, people then carry too much crap with them during the day, most of which they don't need!

Glastonbury Festival 1997 (webm8.co.uk)

Glastonbury Festival 1999 (webm8.co.uk)

Edited by gooner1990

31 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Funny, I was looking at a Glastonbury fan website, and some of the photos from the 90s (yes I know, a long time ago now) virtually no-one is carrying bags....no one (bar ladies with handbags) used to carry bags when I started doing festivals in 1999!

It backs up my claim this is more of a recent problem, that not content with bringing too much crap into the festival, people then carry too much crap with them during the day, most of which they don't need!

Glastonbury Festival 1999 (webm8.co.uk)

Yep. A pint and whatever you can carry in your pockets.

The need for a day bag is indicative of the decay of human society. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Yep. A pint and whatever you can carry in your pockets.

The need for a day bag is indicative of the decay of human society. 

I can see about two bags in this photo from 1997!

Yes. I have wallet in one pocket, phone in the other, micro sun cream bottle alongside my phone and a pint.  If I'm going out with a few cans I just carry them, then if needed a jumper/waterproof around my waist.

Not quite sure what everyone else is carrying?! 😄