Day Bag recommendations..

mrfunk

2 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Why is it that whenever people discuss how they choose to do things slightly differently based on their personal preferences it always rapidly descends into petty tribalist squabbling?! That’s a question for society at large btw, this thread is just the latest in a very long line of examples.

Bags vs cargo short ffs 😂

image.gif.a6f86c40388f2a41ea4cb3fa3910b621.gif

Passes the time, doesn't it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Whats everything?

Lock ups, info points have bog roll, Wateraid gives out sun cream, bars sell booze, water is free from the taps.

Similar to the trolley thread and people making 2 or 3 trips back to the car. What for?!

Mental. 

How is it easier to go to the info points every time you need bog roll, or stick your head under a tap when you want water, rather than just carry a small bag 😂

Not carrying a bag is mental. I mean, each to their own, but I’m one for setting off in the morning with everything I’ll need for the day, which usually consists of a few cans, a bottle of something stronger, loo roll, a poncho, and something warmer for if it’s needed (and probably some stuff I’m forgetting). Cba having all that on my person when I can just have it in a bag that I take off and put by my feet once I’m settled in a crowd earlier in the day or just keep on my back later in the day when the crowds get a bit rowdier. Do people really get furious if the person in front of them has a backpack on?

• Upvote 2

There's a moment at festivals where at the start of the day someone in the group picks up their bag for the day.  Another group member who doesn't want to take a bag spots this, looks at the bag, then looks at their own "stuff for the day shit".  Eye contact between the two people is then made.  Both have seconds to decide how things go from there..

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Do people really get furious if the person in front of them has a backpack on

If they are close enough to me for my bag to be a problem then it’s probably time for them to take a step back. 

I don’t tend to get many people stood behind me in a crowd as they wouldn’t be able to see anyway. As for dancing. I have the coordination of Bambi on ice so you won’t be finding me on a dancefloor. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Do people really get furious if the person in front of them has a backpack on?

Only if a person with a massive bag is completely unaware of the space it takes up, and keeps turning round and walloping people with it.

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If they are close enough to me for my bag to be a problem then it’s probably time for them to take a step back. 

I don’t tend to get many people stood behind me in a crowd as they wouldn’t be able to see anyway. As for dancing. I have the coordination of Bambi on ice so you won’t be finding me on a dancefloor. 

I’ve seen you on a dance floor 😀

18 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Sometimes in a crowd there's no choice but to stand really close.

Also, as a woman, tall men's backpacks end up pushed into your face. It's incredibly irritating.

The beauty of the bumbag over the shoulder is that it can be worn on the front so it doesn't bump into anyone 😁

1 minute ago, c8lin said:

Also, as a woman, tall men's backpacks end up pushed into your face. It's incredibly irritating.

The beauty of the bumbag over the shoulder is that it can be worn on the front so it doesn't bump into anyone 😁

What if you take a bumbag and a backpack? 

4 minutes ago, c8lin said:

So can a back pack … or it can be put on the floor ?! 

25 minutes ago, c8lin said:

My bag is padded and nice and soft. It doubles up as my pillow at a festival. If you want a nap part way through a gig feel free to rest your head on it. 😝

I do understand the issue though, most people hold umbrellas at my eye height. That’s a whole other issue though and luckily not one normally encountered at festivals. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I do understand the issue though, most people hold umbrellas at my eye height. That’s a whole other issue though and luckily not one normally encountered at festivals. 

Funnily enough, at primavera Porto in 2018 it was torrential rain and the organisers handed everyone umbrellas. Portugese people are, on average, about 3 inches shorter than English people...

15 minutes ago, c8lin said:

Funnily enough, at primavera Porto in 2018 it was torrential rain and the organisers handed everyone umbrellas. Portugese people are, on average, about 3 inches shorter than English people...

That’s a lot of metal spokes at eye height. 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

How is it easier to go to the info points every time you need bog roll, or stick your head under a tap when you want water, rather than just carry a small bag 😂

I usually visit poo bay first thing in the morning. The first transport is away. Need for bog roll sorted.

Just need a bottle of booze and maybe a bottle of water in the pocket and Im good for the day. 

Small bags are different. Some of the "day" bags in this thread would be too big for a weekend away in a foreign country. But you see thousands of people walking around with bags this size. What the hell is in them?

photo-1559506026-99862c49e223?ixlib=rb-1

Also it makes your back all sweaty. Remember the Guardian bags with the rope straps though? They were cool. 

Edited by The Nal

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I usually visit poo bay first thing in the morning. The first transport is away. Need for bog roll sorted.

Just need a bottle of booze and maybe a bottle of water in the pocket and Im good for the day. 

Small bags are different. Some of the "day" bags in this thread would be too big for a weekend away in a foreign country. But you see thousands of people walking around with bags this size. What the hell is in them?

photo-1559506026-99862c49e223?ixlib=rb-1

Also it makes your back all sweaty. Remember the Guardian bags with the rope straps though? They were cool. 

On a similar note, I’ve worked with people before who schlepp into work every day with huge rucksacks seemingly filled with stuff. I always wondered what you could possibly need all that stuff for, spending 8 hours away from your home sat at a desk.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

On a similar note, I’ve worked with people before who schlepp into work every day with huge rucksacks seemingly filled with stuff. I always wondered what you could possibly need all that stuff for, spending 8 hours away from your home sat at a desk.

Speaking as someone who does this, for me it's gym gear.