Day Bag recommendations..

mrfunk

I take one of these, containing; 3ltr cider in a bag (that’s been frozen & kept in a cool box), bottle spirit & mixer, water bottle, bog roll,.

Fits perfectly, doesn’t knock in to anyone and isn’t an inconvenience. 

Satchel for me all day (literally).

E7EDD4B5-526D-411A-90EE-AD0301F1CA67.jpeg

Edited by DavoTheWorthy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Messenger bags are handy because they’re very easy to swing from back to front in crowded spaces, and also easy to get into without taking them off. 

Until the guardian bag supplanted its use in recent years I'd always used one of these.  At my first festival in 94 (Phoenix) we were sat watching Jah wobble and none other than John Peel came and sat down next to us, opened his messenger bag and tucked into some sandwiches.  I'd come to the festival poorly prepared and jeans pockets weren't cutting it.  He had everything he needed for the day in there, I bought one from a stall later that day and it became my staple for festivals thereafter.

A messenger bag makes a decent pillow or backrest when sat down, can swing round in front of your belly to make a little table to roll a spliff on whilst standing at a gig or just provide a little buffer zone of a few inches if people bump into you.  Mine has been to every festival I've ever been to.

Edited by Spindles

48 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I usually visit poo bay first thing in the morning. The first transport is away. Need for bog roll sorted.

Just need a bottle of booze and maybe a bottle of water in the pocket and Im good for the day. 

Small bags are different. Some of the "day" bags in this thread would be too big for a weekend away in a foreign country. But you see thousands of people walking around with bags this size. What the hell is in them?

photo-1559506026-99862c49e223?ixlib=rb-1

Also it makes your back all sweaty. Remember the Guardian bags with the rope straps though? They were cool. 

That's me 🤣🤣🤣 12 cans of beer, a pasta meal, snacks, energy gels, micro small towel, jumper, jacket, socks ..I need to take less 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Until the guardian bag supplanted its use in recent years I'd always used one of these.  At my first festival in 94 (Phoenix) we were sat watching Jah wobble and none other than John Peel came and sat down next to us, opened his messenger bag and tucked into some sandwiches.  I'd come to the festival poorly prepared and jeans pockets weren't cutting it.  He had everything he needed for the day in there, I bought one from a stall later that day and it became my staple for festivals thereafter.

A messenger bag makes a decent pillow or backrest when sat down, can swing round in front of your belly to make a little table to roll a spliff on whilst standing at a gig or just provide a little buffer zone of a few inches if people bump into you.  Mine has been to every festival I've ever been to.

This post wins the thread. I’m definitely getting one, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you.  Mine's an army surplus one, rough canvas, tough as old boots and nearly 30 years old still going strong after a couple of dozen festivals.  I'd expect you could pick one up on ebay from an army surplus store for about a tenner.

36 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

bet you all get back to your tent at the end of the day and you havent used 99% of what u packed. and that other 1% couldve gone in pockets ie toilet paper and a few cans

how many pockets do you have to fit 12 cans? 

19 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

There is no place for jeans at Glastonbury.

Disagree. I wouldn’t wear them all day but 2019 I finished a work shift at 4pm and headed back to the tent for a quick freshen up after 8 hours sweating. No queue for a shower so spent 5 minutes showering then popped on shirt and jeans and felt so good. Kept me warm all night. 

24 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Disagree. I wouldn’t wear them all day but 2019 I finished a work shift at 4pm and headed back to the tent for a quick freshen up after 8 hours sweating. No queue for a shower so spent 5 minutes showering then popped on shirt and jeans and felt so good. Kept me warm all night. 

Yeah, I'd certainly argue they're more part of going to a festival than cargo shorts - at least in terms of how much of an aging p***k I look. 

34 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

read and learn. down a couple at the tent. one in each pocket for later. one in the hand for now. then treat yourself to some while your out. it's glasto ffs. 

or even better, take spirits and drink neat. less to carry

49 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Each to their own, my view relates to a very wet Leeds festival in the early 00's where having wet jeans and trying to dry them was an absolute nightmare! 😅

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Each to their own, my view relates to a very wet Leeds festival in the early 00's where having wet jeans and trying to dry them was an absolute nightmare! 😅

That's certainly true if in a tent. I spent a decade in the CV fields and hanging stuff up was one of the blessings, plus leaving boots outside under the van. 

Just now, clarkete said:

That's certainly true if in a tent. I spent a decade in the CV fields and hanging stuff up was one of the blessings, plus leaving boots outside under the van. 

Yep, it was only my second or third festival and made me pretty much stick to shorts since.

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yep, it was only my second or third festival and made me pretty much stick to shorts since.

I cope with excess heat far better than excess cold, so no way I'm wearing shorts at night 👵🧓

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

They’re only packed dependent on forecast two days out! 

4 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

read and learn. down a couple at the tent. one in each pocket for later. one in the hand for now. then treat yourself to some while your out. it's glasto ffs. 

I don’t like queuing at the bar, and I like to have road beers to hand for between stages. It’s also nice to share a few out. 

Walking around with a can in the pocket is so uncomfortable too. 

Don't do spirits these days. I’d be spending the ticket money and more but only remembering the hangovers each morning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I don’t like queuing at the bar, and I like to have road beers to hand for between stages. It’s also nice to share a few out. 

Walking around with a can in the pocket is so uncomfortable too. 

Don't do spirits these days. I’d be spending the ticket money and more but only remembering the hangovers each morning. 

me no share

Ahh... pockets.  I love pockets.  Its a shame most clothes designers for women don't agree, or if they do give you some, they are a fecking useless size.  Bring on the day sack!

Saw this debate was largely male dominated, so thought I'd add the problems the other half of the population suffer.  If you ever see a girl without some kind of rucksack, look for her partner with a huge bag for the both of them! 🤣

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

me no share

I’ll bring you one 

1 minute ago, Glast0baby said:

Ahh... pockets.  I love pockets.  Its a shame most clothes designers for women don't agree, or if they do give you some, they are a fecking useless size.  Bring on the day sack!

Saw this debate was largely male dominated, so thought I'd add the problems the other half of the population suffer.  If you ever see a girl without some kind of rucksack, look for her partner with a huge bag for the both of them! 🤣

*waves*

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

I still down 3 or 4 before setting out for the day but when your staying in the campervan fields it's best to take more than what I actually need just incase.... That's what I tell myself anyway. I'll have around 5/6 pints aswell from the bars. I can't drink spirits as they knock me sick for the next day 🤣 

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I still down 3 or 4 before setting out for the day but when your staying in the campervan fields it's best to take more than what I actually need just incase.... That's what I tell myself anyway. I'll have around 5/6 pints aswell from the bars. I can't drink spirits as they knock me sick for the next day 🤣 

Over the course of a normal night out at home I’ll drink 8-10 pints in 3-4 hours and fall off a cliff at the end. 
In a Glastonbury day I can easily go for 16 hours steadily the whole time and just keep going, so probably consume 12-14 cans plus a fair few from the bar. 
Reading this back it sounds like machismo, but I’m using to justify needing a bag. I don’t have 12 pockets. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Over the course of a normal night out at home I’ll drink 8-10 pints in 3-4 hours and fall off a cliff at the end. 
In a Glastonbury day I can easily go for 16 hours steadily the whole time and just keep going, so probably consume 12-14 cans plus a fair few from the bar. 
Reading this back it sounds like machismo, but I’m using to justify needing a bag. I don’t have 12 pockets. 

Yeah it's a very long day when your out from 10am so it's only like 1/2 beers every hour or so , I might knock off taking a jumper and to just stick with a slightly chunkier jacket 🤣

48 minutes ago, Glast0baby said:

I’m that partner! It’s almost like I’m her festival support vehicle. She’s lucky I like her so much tbh

Edited by Junglist1981