Day Bag recommendations..

mrfunk

5 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Forced to have no bag once at a festival, a4 bag rule. So bunged everything in pockets, fleece around waste. The freedom of not having a bag is a total game changer. Try it and you'll never go back to lugging a bag.

This sounds fucking horrible and is making me uncomfortable just thinking about it. I hate having my phone on my pocket when I drive let alone walking 40+ miles over 5 days with all my shit in my pockets and round my waist.

Water bottle? Bog roll? Few cans? A jumper/jacket? 

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Its ridiculous...and its got worse as the years have gone on - now we've got gangs of 'lads' with bumbags round their chest wearing a football shirt from the mid-90s.

Awful. 😄 

Fuck all wrong with the classic shirts, I'll be donning my Fiorentina 99, Batistuta, Nintendo bad boy...

I draw the line at bum bags over the shoulder...bloody awful indeed

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

This sounds fucking horrible and is making me uncomfortable just thinking about it. I hate having my phone on my pocket when I drive let alone walking 40+ miles over 5 days with all my shit in my pockets and round my waist.

Water bottle? Bog roll? Few cans? A jumper/jacket? 

Collapsible water bottle, crap in the morning, drink beer prior to setting off, spirits in hip flask, fleece has lining which doubles up as large pockets, poncho fits in too. Freedom of not worrying about a bag hitting people or kicked on the ground is totally worth leaving stuff behind for the day.

38 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

if your phone has a camera u can just stick it in your pocket and leave your fancy one at home 👍😅

I respect your opinion…  phone cameras are good, but will never compare to a full frame camera combined with decent glass and a skilled person who knows how to use it 😉 check my site out. Http://ambientpix.co.uk

hence can’t wait to take some fantastic photos at Glasto ( which I will not be selling btw) 

so .. hence looking for bag to keep cam safe and at hand, combined with my normal shit…

funk x

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, mrfunk said:

I respect your opinion…  phone cameras are good, but will never compare to a full frame camera combined with decent glass and a skilled person who knows how to use it 😉 check my site out. Http://ambientpix.co.uk

hence can’t wait to take some fantastic photos at Glasto ( which I will not be selling btw) 

so .. hence looking for bag to keep cam safe and at hand, combined with my normal shit…

funk x

well youve swung me. amazing pics of the best country in the world. and yeah much better than a phone cam. best of luck to ya 👍

9 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Collapsible water bottle, crap in the morning, drink beer prior to setting off, spirits in hip flask, fleece has lining which doubles up as large pockets, poncho fits in too. Freedom of not worrying about a bag hitting people or kicked on the ground is totally worth leaving stuff behind for the day.

So you're adding a hip flask to the stuff that's already in your pockets weighing your shorts/trousers down even more? 

I need bog roll. I can't shit on command.

One beer in the morning then you're out for the day buying drinks? Or just take a small bag with cans/small bottle of spirits...

I'm not taking a 65L Backpack around... It's a small backpack, on what planet would I need to worry about that hitting people, unless I'm sprinting around backwards? 

Absolutely mental conversations going on here 🤣 having all the shit I need in 2 pockets uncomfortable as fuck or a simple little bag. I'm not going back to my camp when I leave that morning unless strictly necessary. 

Each to their own obviously... but it's mind blowing that a little bag to take essentials around at a festival so you're not buying booze all day or having your legs weighed down, is being questioned.

13 hours ago, zero000 said:

Not sure how you’re all putting everything in your shorts unless your wearing god awful cargo shorts from the 00s. Get a bag you heathens!

Whats everything?

Lock ups, info points have bog roll, Wateraid gives out sun cream, bars sell booze, water is free from the taps.

Similar to the trolley thread and people making 2 or 3 trips back to the car. What for?!

Mental. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Whats everything?

Lock ups, info points have bog roll, Wateraid gives out sun cream, bars sell booze, water is free from the taps.

Similar to the trolley thread and people making 2 or 3 trips back to the car. What for?!

Mental. 

Theres a few clues in replies on this thread 🙂 

55 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cargo shorts are where its at for Glastonbury - why the fuck would you wear anything else?

Some people care what they look like. 🤷‍♂️ Who knew? 😂 

I mean, I do, to an extent. I loathe cargo shorts, but they’re a step above those trousers that zip off at the knee and become shorts. 

Edited by blutarsky

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

but they’re a step above those trousers that zip off at the knee and become shorts. 

Dude, there was no need to go after my Dad like that! 

Can't say I've ever really paid attention to what anyone else was wearing at Glastonbury tbh - unless it was particularly attention grabbing (e.g. Covered in sequins). 

On another note - I'd intended on buying a sequin jacket for this year and never got round to it 😥

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Dude, there was no need to go after my Dad like that! 

Can't say I've ever really paid attention to what anyone else was wearing at Glastonbury tbh - unless it was particularly attention grabbing (e.g. Covered in sequins). 

On another note - I'd intended on buying a sequin jacket for this year and never got round to it 😥

Sorry Zep’s dad! 
I couldn’t give a shit what others wear, but seems like the cargo crew think that’s the only ‘right’ answer to what to wear!? 
Newsflash: the only correct answer to what to wear is, whatever you fancy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Whats everything?

Mental. 

some delicate little things on this forum innit

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cargo shorts lads are living their best life as they're not lugging rucksacks around with them like they're about to climb Scafell Pike.

Just wandering around like they’ve climbed out of a foxhole near Basra. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Upvote 1

I'm in the cargo shorts camp.  As for a day bag, Guardian bag is an essential festival purchase for me, I've got a nice collection of them in a variety of colours and designs, always glad to grab a new one each year.

Why is it that whenever people discuss how they choose to do things slightly differently based on their personal preferences it always rapidly descends into petty tribalist squabbling?! That’s a question for society at large btw, this thread is just the latest in a very long line of examples.

Bags vs cargo short ffs 😂

image.gif.a6f86c40388f2a41ea4cb3fa3910b621.gif

• Upvote 1