Day Bag recommendations..

mrfunk

If you’re carrying beers around with you, decent straps are essential. I took one of those little drawstring bags one year. Great at the end of the night as you can stick it in a pocket but the weight of beer on the strings did some damage to my shoulders throughout the day. 

I take beers, hoody, batteries. Not showing you pics of my bag but I think it’s cool. 

I have one of these

10litre

2 big compartments

Bottle holder each side

One of the compartments can have a cool pack in to keep food and drinks cold, so can just take one from the coolbox

It's a kids bag, but perfect for me! 

I take a small folding chair, waterproof (hopefully won't actually need), collapsible water bottle, couple of snacks, extra layer, hand soap and suncream. 

Have also waterproofed it, just in case! 

Screenshot_20220513_142159_com.ebay.mobile_edit_439350683485564.jpg

Edited by Lesley2337

55 minutes ago, gazzared said:

suppose its easier to take less stuff if your camping but I'll be getting the buss in everday so will be taking shit loads with me haha

Nah mate, take in a full bag of everything you need on day one - wet weather gear, beers etc. Then leave at one of the lock ups and go back there if you need to. You have everything you need onsite, but are also able to bimble bag free every day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VastComparison said:

Your ale for the day, toilet roll, power bank for if phone needs charging later on

Carrier bag for booze - put that in the bin when done then buy from the bars, toilet roll (Take pocket tissue) - phone if it runs out go to the EE charge swap thing.

56 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Alcohol ? Some people have there own for various reasons … medical stuff … I’d not be without a day bag 

ok well I'll let off medical stuff.

The point they do start to annoy me is more late on in crowds when people are walking around with them or dancing with them on and they keep whacking into the person behind them (usually me 😄 )

Combat shorts with 6 pockets and a very strict approach to what goes in which pocket to minimise time spent looking for shit.

The only bag I'd be carrying is my cool bag with a fuck load of cider and ice in it. Can be brutal on the shoulder when full to bursting point but that's just another (albeit unneeded) incentive to sit in one spot for a couple of hours quite early in the day and get properly oiled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Pockets in shorts....why do you need anything else?

Phone, wallet, (baccy if you smoke) and that's it.

Micro sun cream bottle if its hot.

Jumper/waterproof tied round waist. done.

Its the same for the festival in general, I'm stunned with the amount of crap people seem to bring in with them.

(Sorry!)

Agreed.  Dump anything else at a lockup...

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Its the same for the festival in general, I'm stunned with the amount of crap people seem to bring in with them.

(Sorry!)

Alcohol? Bog roll? Water?

Do you generally feel your stuff is safe on your back or do you tend to take it off when the band comes on? Its a horrible thought I know. Ive got an Osprey day bag it was in the sale and looks a good size. I dont plan on buying one again so I can justify the price.

21 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Carrier bag for booze - put that in the bin when done then buy from the bars, toilet roll (Take pocket tissue) - phone if it runs out go to the EE charge swap thing.

🤣🤣 just not easier is it. Having to go all the way to a charge point when I can have a charger pack on me and not base my route day on that. Will have aluminium cup for spirits etc that goes in the bag when I want to get a cold beer. Plus less chance of losing stuff in a bag with zips compared to pockets 

7 minutes ago, angelin said:

Do you generally feel your stuff is safe on your back or do you tend to take it off when the band comes on? Its a horrible thought I know. Ive got an Osprey day bag it was in the sale and looks a good size. I dont plan on buying one again so I can justify the price.

I like to get in the pit for most bands, so I would tend to switch the day pack so it hangs on my front. 

6 minutes ago, angelin said:

I switch mine to the front, more as not to bump it into people. It depends a bit on the weather, if it's a no rain day (as it will be), then the Significant Other and I share a backpack, and one of us rocks an army-style multi pockets belt thing.

(I have a beloved small Osprey as well actually)

12 minutes ago, angelin said:

I move mine to the front too. 

Also have a little wire padlock thing that I can lock the zips together if I am worried, as I'll have car keys, ticket & money in it. 

And use the lock ups! We usually do a lock up at the beginning of the fest with passport, some payment method, car keys if those are not needed anymore, safety cash, and a daily one with cash, any heavy rain gear (won't be necessary), car keys if we need to keep them through the fest.

I repeat: lock ups are awesome.

My current bag is from Lidl called Ozark Trail - absolutely brilliant! Kind of like this but green. Comfy, strong, great value, has lasted for years.

I have had one of the cheap Decathlon bags and can highly recommend, I normally have a bit too much stuff for it tho. 

BB115D66-FC4E-49A8-8576-FDA22CB1FC2C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bza said:

Gone for one of these for carrying cold beers/mixer cans with a bag of ice from the coop.

Also has side pockets for water bottle, top bit for a jacket and front pocket for loose bits. 

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 13.38.06.png

Im tempted to go for something like this, had far too many hot beers in my rucksack on the Saturday 2019..

21 minutes ago, angelin said:

I dont worry about anything getting nicked at all but it does get in the way of others so when we are watching it goes on our feet. Being an indestructible dry bag it is fine to put down in all weathers and punishments.

1 minute ago, joeruss said:

Im tempted to go for something like this, had far too many hot beers in my rucksack on the Saturday 2019..

We fly over from Ireland so in recent years I've been getting a cool bag on click and collect and then every morning I get the bus in to Shepton Mallet and stick 20-30 cider and 2 bags of ice in. As we are driving this year I will bring more drink with me and will just get my ice from the shop over between silver Hayes and river Mead campsite (I think its there anyway, couple of fields down from pylon field). To be honest I quite enjoyed the wee trip in the morning by myself for a bit of head space.

Buy cheap buy twice 

Worth spending money on quality for a bag, as it’s going to be under a lot of strain. 2017 I bought a cheap one and it quit on me after a day and a half. Bought a slightly better one from a stall and that lasted a few months. Will be buying a premium bag for this festival. 

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

(Sorry!)

Same. Absolutely no need for a bag. Poncho in shorts pocket if needed, bottle of booze/water in the other shorts pocket, jumper round the waist. 

Some people look like they're going on the Camino when theyre actually going to be back at the tent at 6pm for a clothes change anyway. 

• Upvote 2