Day Bag recommendations..

mrfunk

Tried so many different bags and stuff over the years..from a bumbag , mini rucksack, and settled on a Maxpedition over shoulder bag.

I'm looking to take a Mirrorless Cam with lens.

Any recommendations?

Whats your bag of choice, ?

Mini rucksack.  I tend to be out and about all day without going back to the tent, so need a fair bit of space. Put it on the ground between my feet when watching in a tightly packed crowd (bring binbag in case the ground is swampy).

I got this last year:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FKRH1J3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Perfect size (surprisingly roomy) and comfy to wear. I found the "phone pouch" on the front of the strap was really convenient for storing cash/card and have it right under my nose. I've actually started using it occasionally in general life - far from fashionable, but just so practical.

• Upvote 1

Pockets in shorts....why do you need anything else?

Phone, wallet, (baccy if you smoke) and that's it.

Micro sun cream bottle if its hot.

Jumper/waterproof tied round waist. done.

Its the same for the festival in general, I'm stunned with the amount of crap people seem to bring in with them.

(Sorry!)

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I use one of those small rucksacks Decathlon sell for £2 or £3. Perfect size!

Yep - I'm usually very particular about my festival kit, and have no issue spending more if there's a reason to do so - but I'm yet to do better than one of these.

36 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Second this. They are surprisingly sturdy considering the ridiculously cheap price. 

These look great but I can't quite gauge the size and what I'd be able to fit into it. I lost the backpack I used to take but think it was a fair bit bigger... 

I pack for the day so tend to have:

• 2 x 500ml bottles of spirit mixer 
  • Water bottle
  • ~4 cans beer/cider
  • Couple of snacks
  • Sun cream 
  • Compact waterproof thingy 

Guessing I wouldn't be able to take all that...? 

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Its the same for the festival in general, I'm stunned with the amount of crap people seem to bring in with them.

(Sorry!)

Your ale for the day, toilet roll, power bank for if phone needs charging later on

One option for your camera is a Peak Design Capture, basically a quick release belt clip, not cheap but fantastic bit of kit, you can also attach them to rucksack straps. They are very secure, You can run with it attached and it’s not coming off.

I've got an old Eastpak Pak'r which I love, does well for me and the Mrs. I find it's just the right size to fit everything we both need (waterproofs, hoodies, bog roll, suncream, water, spirits, phone charger) without being so big that I'm constantly bashing into people with it.

It's similar to this

image.jpeg.60042f62cb91300f81c68822c212f958.jpeg

Edited by Junglist1981

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

These look great but I can't quite gauge the size and what I'd be able to fit into it. I lost the backpack I used to take but think it was a fair bit bigger... 

I pack for the day so tend to have:

• 2 x 500ml bottles of spirit mixer 
  • Water bottle
  • ~4 cans beer/cider
  • Couple of snacks
  • Sun cream 
  • Compact waterproof thingy 

Guessing I wouldn't be able to take all that...? 

You would, at a big push. Maybe go for slightly bigger. 

15 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep - I'm usually very particular about my festival kit, and have no issue spending more if there's a reason to do so - but I'm yet to do better than one of these.

Have they stopped making them? On the website, they seem to have gone up to £8 or £10 (still a bargain).

Edited by Ryan1984

19 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

(Sorry!)

Alcohol ? Some people have there own for various reasons … medical stuff … I’d not be without a day bag 

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Have they stopped making them now? Website only seems to have one discounted version and the rest have gone up to £8 or £10 (still a bargain).

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/kids-7-litre-hiking-backpack-mh100-blue-orange/_/R-p-147251?mc=8357824

Possibly just changed - this seems to be extremely close to the one I have, with a side pocket added and the price roughly tripled - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/backpack-nh-escape-100-17l/_/R-p-334382?mc=8649043

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Alcohol ? Some people have there own for various reasons … medical stuff … I’d not be without a day bag 

Yeah we have a lot of medical stuff for me as well. Basically everything that might possibly be needed on shift from 6am all the way through to close if we dont go home. It does get in the way though. We could probably do some complex thing involving the lock ups if we were more organised.