Eco friendly farm safe products

Bike_Like_A_Mum

"Wash at Glasto...what's that?" I hear you say 🤣

I would like to have a little stove wash at some point though and wondering if anyone has any favourite eco-friendly soap brands! When I put in a google search the main one that comes up is the 'Faith in Nature' stuff which looks ok, but I'd love to shop small if anyone has any recommendations...?

I will have a little hair wash with a bottle of water aswell.  Need to look into the 'Lush' shampoo bars to see if they're safe but wondering if there are any other small business alternatives?

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

I'm sure there will be some kind of issue that someone knows with this brand, but Dr Bronner's seems to be quite popular with outdoorsy (long distance hiking, etc) people online, and they do small travel sized bottles in various scents.

https://www.drbronner.com/media-center/press-release/genuine-eco-friendly-brand-squeaky-clean-reputation/ is some PR from the company itself.

https://www.uvm.edu/~shali/wash.pdf is some writing about it, hosted on a US university member of staff's personal site, I've no idea if they are undergrad or a PhD though so read it with a pinch of salt, but it looks like a positive report!

I like their peppermint, citrus, and tea tree soaps.

• Like 1

Even eco friendly soap products must not be used within 100m of a water course, these products require time to degrade before entering water. Just be aware of where you dispose of the water that’s had these products in them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Even eco friendly soap products must not be used within 100m of a water course, these products require time to degrade before entering water. Just be aware of where you dispose of the water that’s had these products in them.

Very good point, well noted! 👏🏼 

Even outside of festival time I get my shampoo, conditioner, and shaving soap from a place called Harvest in Birmingham (I started using them after my partner's sister got me some as a gift). All totally natural and minimal packaging which is all paper. Probably a little pricier than the bigger eco-brands but the stuff does last a good while. I get about two months out of a shampoo bar and three out of a conditioner bar with daily use, though I've got short hair.

https://harvestskincare.co/