Coach Times Email

cheesey_toastie

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

For all those people with early Monday departures - YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET YOUR ALLOCATED COACHES.  it is fairly common knowledge that it's a free for all and so many people don't take up their allocated spot that you can get onto an alternative time.  Obviously this is easier if it is a destination which has loads of timeslots.

Do Glasto/See release a timetable of all coaches/times? 

Guessing Manchester has multiple returns on the Monday so be good to know can jump on one whenever

I wouldn't say the return coaches are a free for all.

Your ticket *is* checked and you get sent to stand in the queue for your destination. If you show them a ticket for a later coach they do tend to bump people with the correct time ahead and then just fill up any empty spaces from the rest of the queue. That said I have got on earlier coaches.

Basically they don't want coaches leaving empty and they also need some organisation down there or we'd all try to leave at 10am. 

There definitely is a feel of just get everybody off site though..

8 hours ago, incident said:

With a very strong caveat that you can only get a later coach if there actually is a later coach. For the high volume destinations like London, Bristol, etc it's not an issue but someone skipping the 4am return coach to say Lincoln might be in for a nasty shock when they rock up 6 hours later.

This.

I'm going back to Oxford, there will only be two coaches...one leaves at 0530 (the one I'm booked on) and another later one. 

I'm sure Beerqueen means well but please don't take that as gospel as if everyone turns up for their allotted coach later in the day you may find yourself stranded.

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

Can people who didn't arrive by coach jump on one for the way back? Got 2 people in the group that this would help greatly 

you might be able to sneak through but from my experience they check tickets on the way into the coach part then once your in they generally don’t check onto individual coaches and just want people the hell outta there…

now how diligently they check the tickets on entry I’m not sure and whether you could forward the email and use the same one for multiple people and of course I would not condone such behaviour 

1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

Do Glasto/See release a timetable of all coaches/times? 

Guessing Manchester has multiple returns on the Monday so be good to know can jump on one whenever

My friends Manchester return is at 15:00 if that helps

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Can people who didn't arrive by coach jump on one for the way back? Got 2 people in the group that this would help greatly 

No. They'll do a check at the least that they had a return on that journey - so if they don't have it they would potentially trudge there, wait for say an hour only to be left with nowt - better to pay for whatever option  (national express maybe?) now and know they're sorted. 

Edited by clarkete

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

This.

I'm going back to Oxford, there will only be two coaches...one leaves at 0530 (the one I'm booked on) and another later one. 

I'm sure Beerqueen means well but please don't take that as gospel as if everyone turns up for their allotted coach later in the day you may find yourself stranded.

Sorry tried to reply earlier but kept getting a timeout error.  Fair enough, I have edited my original post to strengthen the fact that only if there are multiple time slots.

• Like 1

I'll be getting a coach at 8am from London on Wednesday and 8am back on Monday. It's my first time getting a coach, is there any option to get off early on the way back at a service station or somewhere near West London where I live? I would rather get off earlier and make my way home rather than add 2 hours to my journey because it's at the O2.

2 minutes ago, cyport said:

I'll be getting a coach at 8am from London on Wednesday and 8am back on Monday. It's my first time getting a coach, is there any option to get off early on the way back at a service station or somewhere near West London where I live? I would rather get off earlier and make my way home rather than add 2 hours to my journey because it's at the O2.

sadly not a chance pal.

14 minutes ago, cyport said:

Ah no worries, thanks! I kinda wish they gave two London options perhaps nearer the M4/M25. Still happy to have a ticket at least.

When you go to get the coach, if there is a Reading one waiting with space you may well be able to get on that. Not sure if that would be better or not? If it stops at the train station then I guess it might be?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cyport said:

You could get a bus to Bristol Temple meads (listed here) then a train. 

You may be able to get a national express coach to a variety of places, but I've never travelled on their coaches and I've only seen them like Seetickets - either one way to the festival or return back to where you came. 

Again, details here... 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve just done my recy to the bus drop off In Taunton … 0.8km from my house or parking here at wood street carpark is £8.80 per day and is 2min walk to bus 

IMG_3245.MOV

If you use yourparkingspace.co.uk you can get it cheaper. I paid £23.50 for 5 days, my car will be parked at tesco superstore in Castle Street, Taunton

4 minutes ago, adamg1602 said:

Is there any good pubs nearby? We've booked to park from 1300 so have a couple of hours to kill before we get the coach at 1545

theres a wetherspoons ( coal orchard ) about 5 mins walk away ( next to it is the black horse ) theres a decent ale house ring of bells in st james street which is probably 5mins further but highly rated  .... im not saying the wetherspoons is best its just the closest .... see you in the queue 🙂 

Edited by crazyfool1

Does anyone have experience of the lock ups near PGA on a Sunday night/Monday morning?

We have decided on Sunday lunchtime to completely pack down everything and take our kit to the lock ups and then go out all day/night before collecting our things ahead of our 0530 coach back home.

Is there a limit to what you can leave at the lock ups?

Are queues likely on Sunday lunchtime/early afternoon?

Queues for the lock ups at 5am on the Monday morning? 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

theres a wetherspoons ( coal orchard ) about 5 mins walk away ( next to it is the black horse ) theres a decent ale house ring of bells in st james street which is probably 5mins further but highly rated  .... im not saying the wetherspoons is best its just the closest .... see you in the queue 🙂 

Cheers for the info.. yeah see you in the queue 🙂