Coach Times Email

cheesey_toastie

2 hours ago, EFC1996 said:

Anyone else on the 12 pm from Liverpool? Thankfully my mates will set my tent up so it’s bags down and off for a boogie

edit: I had resale tickets 

6am got them handy in the main sale. Means I have to set camp up (again) 

27 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

The bit that looks like a barcode is NOT a barcode. Not quite sure why they do it but it’s just a design thing to make it look like a ticket.

I scanned mine and it is my order number. I'm sure it will never be used bythe drivers. 

Got 2pm from Manchester. Wanted a bit earlier than that to be honest!

My girlfriend got a coach ticket but now has been told she can’t get the Wednesday off work. Have seen people say that they tend to only ask to see the lead booker (which was me) and then give them all the tickets. Will this be possible? She’s going to have to drive down on the Thursday.

Would I be better letting them know now or will they be able to give me her ticket?

12 minutes ago, Glasto resale 22 said:

My girlfriend got a coach ticket but now has been told she can’t get the Wednesday off work. Have seen people say that they tend to only ask to see the lead booker (which was me) and then give them all the tickets. Will this be possible? She’s going to have to drive down on the Thursday.

Would I be better letting them know now or will they be able to give me her ticket?

Doesn’t look like it from the 2nd paragraph in the entry tickets part of the email they sent out earlier 

E0DAC880-709A-4778-83A6-F0EEAEACED24.png

15 minutes ago, Glasto resale 22 said:

If you contact them know they'll say tough shit. It really does depend on the coach drivers, im sure most of them will be fine with it, especially if you have a copy of her ID to hand. Even if not it will be put in the office and she should be able to get them once she gets to the site on thursday.

27 minutes ago, Glasto resale 22 said:

Coach driver gave me and my mates ticket without seeing my mate.  Just gave him the printouts! 

First time coach traveller this year (Southampton/Thurs) and must admit not what I was expecting…

Really thought last departure would be something like midday at worst… been allocated the 1500. Makes me think drivers may be doing round trips! Gutting as will miss the Baggy Mondays at stonebridge which always gets things started for me. Love the Thursday PM vibes, will just have to make up for lost time.

Return is 1530 on the Monday… never been at Glasto that late before… Sunday night just turned into a big one. 💪🏻

Ah well, can’t grumble too much. Better than not having a ticket…

Edited by sdicko

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

If you contact them know they'll say tough shit. It really does depend on the coach drivers, im sure most of them will be fine with it, especially if you have a copy of her ID to hand. Even if not it will be put in the office and she should be able to get them once she gets to the site on thursday.

Ok thanks.

Will take a copy of her ID. Will be no problem if she has to get it from the site either.

Edited by Glasto resale 22

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Plan formulated … all go now 🙂 thanks all 

@crazyfool1 - Any suggestions of cheap parking in Taunton for the 5 days. Every year so far I have parked at the train station and walked down to pick up the coach, but its not the cheapest. Just wanting a bit of your local knowledge of cheap car parks or anywhere within walking distance that you can just park on the road and return 5 days later and still have all 4 wheels left on the car??

2 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

@crazyfool1 - Any suggestions of cheap parking in Taunton for the 5 days. Every year so far I have parked at the train station and walked down to pick up the coach, but its not the cheapest. Just wanting a bit of your local knowledge of cheap car parks or anywhere within walking distance that you can just park on the road and return 5 days later and still have all 4 wheels left on the car??

I’ll ask my mate who’s a parking attendant … or I might be able to assist with some residents parking permits for my zone which is 15 mins walk away 

Just now, wro_lap said:

Do the coaches tend to stop off at the services on route? Mine’s an estimated 4 hours, just trying to figure out whether there’ll be any delays when it comes to meeting friends

Mine has in the past from Oxford for 45 mins and that’s when the tickets got handed out

6 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Do the coaches tend to stop off at the services on route? Mine’s an estimated 4 hours, just trying to figure out whether there’ll be any delays when it comes to meeting friends

You’ll definitely have at least one stop. My coach from Plymouth is less than 2 hours and we always stop once on the way.

40 minutes ago, sdicko said:

First time coach traveller this year (Southampton/Thurs) and must admit not what I was expecting…

Really thought last departure would be something like midday at worst… been allocated the 1500. Makes me think drivers may be doing round trips! Gutting as will miss the Baggy Mondays at stonebridge which always gets things started for me. Love the Thursday PM vibes, will just have to make up for lost time.

Return is 1530 on the Monday… never been at Glasto that late before… Sunday night just turned into a big one. 💪🏻

Ah well, can’t grumble too much. Better than not having a ticket…

I thought midday from Reading Thursday was bad! Sorry to hear of your times, I think in the future I'll select early London or Bristol coaches on Wednesday (if I'm lucky enough to get through) or get general sale rather than miss a third of my time at fest! 

With that being said I'm grateful to be going at all and I'll be very happy when I get off the coach. 

My Monday return times are similar but will just try and party through and go straight back on the coach!

For all those people with early Monday departures - YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET YOUR ALLOCATED COACHES.  it is fairly common knowledge that it's a free for all and so many people don't take up their allocated spot that you can get onto an alternative time.  Obviously this is only possible if it is a destination which has loads of timeslots.

Edited by Beerqueen

Just now, Beerqueen said:

For all those people with early Monday departures - YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET YOUR ALLOCATED COACHES.  it is fairly common knowledge that it's a free for all and so many people don't take up their allocated spot that you can get onto an alternative time.  Obviously this is easier if it is a destination which has loads of timeslots.

This needs to be a pinned post 🙂 

43 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

For all those people with early Monday departures - YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET YOUR ALLOCATED COACHES.  it is fairly common knowledge that it's a free for all and so many people don't take up their allocated spot that you can get onto an alternative time.  Obviously this is easier if it is a destination which has loads of timeslots.

With a very strong caveat that you can only get a later coach if there actually is a later coach. For the high volume destinations like London, Bristol, etc it's not an issue but someone skipping the 4am return coach to say Lincoln might be in for a nasty shock when they rock up 6 hours later.

• Upvote 2