Coach Times Email

cheesey_toastie

2 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

I'm starting to think they are having problems with securing enough coach drivers

So the answer is to be transparent and start by emailing the people departing from the destinations furthest geographically from glastonbury … sort out those buses first 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

So the answer is to be transparent and start by emailing the people departing from the destinations furthest geographically from glastonbury … sort out those buses first 

That would make sense.  Unless they are close to a solution and don't want to make people needlessly panic.  

Then again, that's exactly what's happening anyway.

10 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

That would make sense.  Unless they are close to a solution and don't want to make people needlessly panic.  

Then again, that's exactly what's happening anyway.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more of a fuss given 22,000 are going by coach.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more of a fuss given 22,000 are going by coach

To an extent I am too but at the same time we are more obsessive over these things than the average glasto goer.

Even reddit is pretty quiet on the coach front apart from a couple of posts and I'm fairly sure the majority of the people tweeting about the glastonbury coaches are from here.

Still, it would be nice if GFL put out a statement or something to update us all.

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That's not how it works.

The coaches for each departure point are contracted to a full service coach hire company from (usually) somewhere nearby - so it's up to the coach company to supply their own drivers with the coach. See won't recruit or allocate drivers directly. Recruitment problems in say Newcastle can't be solved by reallocating drivers from Leeds - the two are entirely unconnected (unless, by total coincidence, the same company won both tenders).

That's why there's often some weirdness in the pricing - like destinations further away being cheaper - it's based on the quote that came back from the company.

20 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more of a fuss given 22,000 are going by coach.

I’d expect a lot of those are from London and Bristol as they have coaches every hour and those people already know their times 

Email just came through, leave Leeds at 7 and come home at 8.30 Monday morning, that might make Elvana on the truth stage Sunday morning a struggle

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

You have booked a Ticket & Coach Package to GLASTONBURY 2022 arriving on Thursday June 23 2022.

You have ordered the following:

MANCHESTER RETURN TRAVEL

THIS EMAIL IS YOUR COACH TICKET

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Can you list if you’ve got resale tickets or initial sale tickets pls and thanks 

Initial sale from Leeds