Coach Times Email

cheesey_toastie

1 minute ago, amb said:

Anyone getting a bit tetchy about the prospect of this rail strike? Will be relying on the train to get to my coach pickup point so am trying to think of alternatives already! 

id imagine everyone getting a train at some point... definately worth making some loose plans at this stage 

Just now, amb said:

Anyone getting a bit tetchy about the prospect of this rail strike? Will be relying on the train to get to my coach pickup point so am trying to think of alternatives already! 

Maybe check out some national express routes, my mate has to travel from Liverpool to York for his coach, he's stressing over that already, not even mentioned this rail strike possibility yet

1 hour ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

2 Seats will be available on Leicester return Monday 8am if needed. my mrs and her friend will be coming back on our coach.

Interesting… exactly what I’d want, little early though 😂

but thanks for the heads up

Edited by mjfiddy

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve just done my recy to the bus drop off In Taunton … 0.8km from my house or parking here at wood street carpark is £8.80 per day and is 2min walk to bus 

IMG_3245.MOV

"This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location." 

Can you pop it on YouTube, vimeo or the like? 

Edited by clarkete

25 minutes ago, amb said:

Yep, we've already got our train tickets to/from the coach.

At the mo my plan b is hoping we can borrow the in-laws' car and leave it in Bristol (where we're coaching from) while we're at the fest.

Plan c is hire car but we'd either have to pay to have it Tue-Mon, or hire separately and pay the extortionate one-way fees for both journeys.

35 minutes ago, adamg1602 said:

Maybe check out some national express routes, my mate has to travel from Liverpool to York for his coach, he's stressing over that already, not even mentioned this rail strike possibility yet

at least its a direct train so replacement busses would be direct.

39 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Does anyone have experience of the lock ups near PGA on a Sunday night/Monday morning?

We have decided on Sunday lunchtime to completely pack down everything and take our kit to the lock ups and then go out all day/night before collecting our things ahead of our 0530 coach back home.

Is there a limit to what you can leave at the lock ups?

Are queues likely on Sunday lunchtime/early afternoon?

Queues for the lock ups at 5am on the Monday morning? 

I'm a big fan of this approach ... big game changer a few festivals ago.

There is no limit to what you can leave in the lock-ups.

I've used the lock-up by PGA, but there was a big, slow queue at Sunday lunchtime (missed Davos in the Glade - boo) but fine early doors. A better and quieter option is the lock-up in the north of Silver Hayes as that had no queues at all and is on the route from the SE corner to PGA. However, the trudge up the hill with a full bag can be challenging when tired and emotional.

29 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I'm a big fan of this approach ... big game changer a few festivals ago.

There is no limit to what you can leave in the lock-ups.

I've used the lock-up by PGA, but there was a big, slow queue at Sunday lunchtime (missed Davos in the Glade - boo) but fine early doors. A better and quieter option is the lock-up in the north of Silver Hayes as that had no queues at all and is on the route from the SE corner to PGA. However, the trudge up the hill with a full bag can be challenging when tired and emotional.

Thanks for the reply.

If we were to pack up and leave our stuff at the one by PGA what would you suggest would be a good time to do it? How long was the queue when you left your stuff there on Sunday lunchtime?

If we don't make it out of bed etc and do it Sunday afternoon I may go for the one by Silver Hayes as you suggested.

Edited by gooner1990

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

theres a wetherspoons ( coal orchard ) about 5 mins walk away ( next to it is the black horse ) theres a decent ale house ring of bells in st james street which is probably 5mins further but highly rated  .... im not saying the wetherspoons is best its just the closest .... see you in the queue 🙂 

In the strongest possible terms, fuck Tim Martin. Don't go to 'spoons and support that workers rights disrespecting, Brexit loving flag shagger - go to the independent pub. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

44 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

If we were to pack up and leave our stuff at the one by PGA what would you suggest would be a good time to do it? How long was the queue when you left your stuff there on Sunday lunchtime?

If we don't make it out of bed etc and do it Sunday afternoon I may go for the one by Silver Hayes as you suggested.

I've no idea what is a good time, it just was apparent that a lot of people had the same idea as us and there were only a couple of people on duty. I'm guessing I was there around 12:30 and had to wait for about an hour. When I said it was fine early on, I meant on the Monday morning. 

I've used the SH previously and had no issues and could also see it had no queues when I dashed past it on the way down to the Glade for Cassetteboy.

2 hours ago, amb said:

oh shit yeah, hadn't considered that! Thankfully I'm near enough to mine that I can get a taxi if needs be, but certainly worth assembling plans B and C

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

In the strongest possible terms, fuck Tim Martin. Don't go to 'spoons and support that workers rights disrespecting, Brexit loving flag shagger - go to the independent pub. 

I did list quite a few independent pubs in that list 3 out of 4 in fact … I do agree on the fuck Tim Martin bit … but from a practical point of view it’s the one closest to the drop off which might be easiest 

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

id imagine everyone getting a train at some point... definately worth making some loose plans at this stage 

Trades unions must give a minimum of 14 days’ notice of industrial action so hopefully we'll make it to June 14th before the strikes are announced 🤞

Edited by gazzared

5 hours ago, Fishman said:

I've no idea what is a good time, it just was apparent that a lot of people had the same idea as us and there were only a couple of people on duty. I'm guessing I was there around 12:30 and had to wait for about an hour. When I said it was fine early on, I meant on the Monday morning. 

I've used the SH previously and had no issues and could also see it had no queues when I dashed past it on the way down to the Glade for Cassetteboy.

Agreed. Not been to a spoons for years and years now coz of that twit

3 minutes ago, Garrypp said:

Remember when we lived each others panic and fear?? I miss you guys…

I'm sure we will all be back here for Train-gate... although there is bound to be a spin off of that for those just going by train!

5 minutes ago, Garrypp said:

Remember when we lived each others panic and fear?? I miss you guys…

Still here. Panic and fear will simply transfer across to the weather / where will there still be space to pitch the tent when I arrive? / who is gonna clash?!

1 minute ago, Skier68 said:

Still here. Panic and fear will simply transfer across to the weather / where will there still be space to pitch the tent when I arrive? / who is gonna clash?!

Phew - I don’t want to relax or take anything for granted til I am there…thru the gates