Coach Times Email

cheesey_toastie

10 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm usually quick to call out the impatient petulance (see: various lineup threads), but in this specific instance I think it's fair enough.

A lot of people are going to be travelling from somewhere not within easy distance of their home. They might need to plan trains/coaches/lifts to the coach location, and in quite a few cases need to know whether they need to book a hotel or not.

This.

We have 5 of us on one coach from Oxford...we all live in the area, however all of us will be relying on either taxis/lifts to the coach location and one person will almost certainly need to arrange to stay with one of us the night before who lives a lot closer as taxi will be too much money for her from her village.

Another of our friends is travelling on a see coach from Reading, again similar thing.

Add to this friends of ours who have GA tickets are now starting to make plans and trying to work out camping etc and 2/3rds of the group don't know when we will be arriving or departing on the Monday!

yes we will get the times eventually, but See shouldn't really say 'week commencing 16th may' if they have no intention of honouring it or should at very least say sorry and re-jig the email/times date.

Edited by gooner1990
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

Fully agree that people need to know as soon as possible...but they stated in the original email that coach times would be emailed no later than 30 days prior. 

They area matter of hours late up to now. It's highly likely to come at some point today. 

Given people were told w/c last week it's fair enough to be questioning where they are. 

6 minutes ago, Cbrinxy said:

Guys! I’m really confused - didn’t we book the time when we booked our ticket? 

I emailed them a month ago because I couldn’t find info and they told me the time of my coach. 

You booked a time if you're going from Bristol or London. Everyone else just knows the day, and it could plausibly be any time from 6am to 6pm on that day.

5 minutes ago, Cbrinxy said:

I emailed them a month ago because I couldn’t find info and they told me the time of my coach. 

I think some locations had times you could select when booking like London etc. Other locations have to wait to find out!

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

This.

We have 5 of us on one coach from Oxford...we all live in the area, however all of us will be relying on either taxis/lifts to the coach location and one person will almost certainly need to arrange to stay with one of us the night before who lives a lot closer as taxi will be too much money for her from her village.

Another of our friends is travelling on a see coach from Reading, again similar thing.

Add to this friends of ours who have GA tickets are now starting to make plans and trying to work out camping etc and 2/3rds of the group don't know when we will be arriving or departing on the Monday!

yes we will get the times eventually, but See shouldn't really say 'week commencing 16th may' if they have no intention of honouring it or should at very least say sorry and re-jig the email/times date.

On that topic does anyone know what the earliest bus might be from Reading? The trains start fairly early from where I am but with 5 of us might be cheaper and more reliable booking a taxi! I know we had a thread for this somewhere but a way back?!

Edited by Ashl

6 minutes ago, Cbrinxy said:

Depends where you booked it from. London & Bristol yes, everywhere else, no.

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

This.

yeah, would be useful to know depending how earlier rather than later though. I'm getting the coach from York so might stay over there the night before if it is mega early. I'm around 40 mins away so would be ideal to be in the city centre if so 

3 minutes ago, incident said:

You booked a time if you're going from Bristol or London. Everyone else just knows the day, and it could plausibly be any time from 6am to 6pm on that day.

Or 5:30 am for Southampton station last time... which is 1 minute before the first train arrives!

11 minutes ago, George_92 said:

yeah, would be useful to know depending how earlier rather than later though. I'm getting the coach from York so might stay over there the night before if it is mega early. I'm around 40 mins away so would be ideal to be in the city centre if so 

Last time I got the coach from Oxford it was scheduled to leave at 6.20am and we were told to be at the departure point for 5.50am so I had to book a taxi to collect me for 5.15am....no way is my girlfriend going to agree to getting up at 5am to give me a lift so will have to book a cab again I suspect!

21 minutes ago, Ashl said:

On that topic does anyone know what the earliest bus might be from Reading? The trains start fairly early from where I am but with 5 of us might be cheaper and more reliable booking a taxi! I know we had a thread for this somewhere but a way back?!

The earliest coach I've had from Reading was 06:00 in 2016.  Taxi probably the safest bet but the coach pick up location is normally right next to the station 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m fortunate that I’m near ish to the bus stop in Taunton …. If I’m on late coach I can offer accommodation and parking … if I’m on an early one I can’t 

2 Of my Glasgow mates are on a Taunton bus package only place they could get and were desperate to join us ....they might need help/advice with parking closer to the time. They will return the favour with plenty cold ciders 🍻

Just now, rmartin1803 said:

2 Of my Glasgow mates are on a Taunton bus package only place they could get and were desperate to join us ....they might need help/advice with parking closer to the time. They will return the favour with plenty cold ciders 🍻

Feel free to shout … should know for definate what we are up to soon 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am travelling from London and have no idea what time my coach is, I e mailed see tickets and they told me I would find out closer to the time. My mate booked my ticket for me and both of us have looked through our e mail history and none of the e mails either of us received had a time on them and because it was booked in October 2019 I cannot remember the time it was booked for.

9 minutes ago, Henry_Spencer said:

I am travelling from London and have no idea what time my coach is, I e mailed see tickets and they told me I would find out closer to the time. My mate booked my ticket for me and both of us have looked through our e mail history and none of the e mails either of us received had a time on them and because it was booked in October 2019 I cannot remember the time it was booked for.

Try putting your order reference and postcode in here: https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice/checkorder

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m fortunate that I’m near ish to the bus stop in Taunton …. If I’m on late coach I can offer accommodation and parking … if I’m on an early one I can’t 

My daughter and friend got tickets in the resale from Taunton (as was one of few options) and I am waiting to sort out childcare arrangements for my two small children, so hoping the time is confirmed soon as will make a big difference to my plans. 

3 minutes ago, Henry_Spencer said:

Thanks, I tried that and all it says is "Your travel voucher will be sent as an E-Ticket to the email address associated with your registration number. E-Tickets are scheduled to be sent the week commencing Monday 16th May 2022." it doesn't mention anything about the time.

OK - then you're in the same boat as the rest of us. I'm sure this email will sort you out. 

22 minutes ago, Henry_Spencer said:

In previous years when I’ve got to the London coach it had the time on the email titled “Glastonbury Coach Package Deposit Notification

It opens with:

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

A ticket and coach package has been paid for you to attend GLASTONBURY 2016 at Worthy Farm, Pilton-Somerset.

The deposit for registration number XXXXXXXXX was paid for under booking reference XXXXX on Thursday 1st October 2015 

The coach package you have been booked on is LONDON RETURN TRAVEL (DEP 06:00 RET 07:00)

1 hour ago, Henry_Spencer said:

Thanks, I tried that and all it says is "Your travel voucher will be sent as an E-Ticket to the email address associated with your registration number. E-Tickets are scheduled to be sent the week commencing Monday 16th May 2022." it doesn't mention anything about the time.

Mine says that but it has the time further up the page:

Screenshot_20220523-182617.thumb.png.4ce4685ce7e5ead5dce75a596e49e229.png

3 minutes ago, incident said:

For resale tickets - Yes.

For main sale tickets - the deposit order shows the time, the balance payment doesn't.

Oh, that's weird! Don't know why they can't have all the info in one place.