Official Acoustic Stage Lineup 2022

Suprefan

1 minute ago, Obiginnaw said:

This might (most probably will) come across as a very stupid question , but how ‘acoustic’ is the acoustic stage? Like is it just the acts with a guitar etc. or is it a little bit closer to a full band or somewhere inbetween? 

Not a stupid question at all, the answer is it's not "acoustic" at all. It's just a name for the tent. I can't remember the last time I saw an act actually play acoustic on there.

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Not a stupid question at all, the answer is it's not "acoustic" at all. It's just a name for the tent. I can't remember the last time I saw an act actually play acoustic on there.

Well this is fantastic news ! Looks like I’m spending Friday evening from Undertones onwards drinking my body weight in ale at acoustic stage! *

*then firmly getting trollied to some boom-booms and wub-wubs at Arcadia 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Me too though I've got one eye on the Park in case Phoebe Bridgers does it. I'm there if that is the case. 

Same actually. Good point.

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

a few years back when there was a thunderstorm that cut off the electricity I saw fishermans friends jump down into the crowd and sing a few songs unplugged

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Well this is fantastic news ! Looks like I’m spending Friday evening from Undertones onwards drinking my body weight in ale at acoustic stage! *

how do you order a trolley? is it on an app?

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I do indeed like folk so I will check her out. When it comes to genres I'm a broad church. 

I am going to Glastonbury, Cambridge Folk Festival and the End Of The Road.  Katherine Priddy will be at all three.  Have not seen her before and definitely want to catch her at one of those.

5 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Sold! Best Friday plan I’ve heard! See you there!

Teenage Kicks blasting out of the acoustic tent on Friday night could be my moment of the weekend! i had hoped The Undertones would be playing the John Peel tent but I am sure the great man will be looking down on them with a smile! Maybe they will play it twice in a row in memory of him!

• Upvote 2

Plenty on there for us too. Yup, old enough to spend too long there. Fess up your ages when you first saw an act there, consensus over 30? 40? Think I was 32. Including dozing off to Tindersticks before racing across to The Chems. 

Damien Dempsey clashing with Diana Ross? Ho hum.....

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If the timings work out I'd skip Noel G to go see Richard Thompson

Would like to see him, in fact we were thinking of going to the Fairport conventions cropredy festival this year because he is playing. Did it a few years ago when the levellers were on. Nice avalon style festival in a lovely area and access to the village pubs. 

6 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Really pleased with the Acoustic line up, better than 2019 I feel, definitely be there for a few acts, Suzanne Vega, Paul & Jacqui maybe, Richard Thompson, etc...

That’s the three I want to see but I just know there’s going to be loadsa clashes not only with the big stages but also the Avalon. As I said in another post ,hoping to go to cropredy to see Richard thomson so won’t be too upset if  I miss him here. But it’s becoming obvious there’s going to be a lot of clashes, as usual! Negotiations with Mrs c have started. 

• Upvote 1

cracking line up, working shifts being kind , ill be there for undertones into paul heaton. For ones asking if they should go early, i saw/seen Paul Heaton on this stage before a good few years back, "i think" it was under the beautiful south and we arrived at start time, couldnt get near the tent.. it was rammed inside and out. I cant remember if this was a first come back or something to make it so busy, but it was mobbed.  i do think i saw steve earle at this tent before, not my most visited tent, but one i have my eyes on none the less! 🙂

9 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

Plenty on there for us too. Yup, old enough to spend too long there. Fess up your ages when you first saw an act there, consensus over 30? 40? Think I was 32. Including dozing off to Tindersticks before racing across to The Chems. 

Damien Dempsey clashing with Diana Ross? Ho hum.....

32 for me as well! 
I was actually thinking what the biggest age group was at stages and for acoustic I thought Gen X/ Boomers .