Official Acoustic Stage Lineup 2022

Suprefan

was hoping The Waterboys would be early on the Pyramid like a couple years back.

saw them headline the acoustic stage a few years ago, but getting there for a headliner can be pain that i dont have the patience for in my old age.

also - the acoustic stage is not nearly far enough away from paul mccartny as i intend to be on saturday night.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott / Primal Scream. That's my friday. Gone from nothing... to a clash. Classic Glastonbury.

This, torn presently. Had penciled in Primal Scream but with trepidation after the sub Stones gig. Gutted however i missed them do Screamadelica on the other whilst not enjoying the U2 experience. Think JP ' could' go off. PH&JA is a good fall back however with one of the best bars in the field .

Listening to a best of Primal now, when they are good they are bloody good. ........🤔

Love that line up. I now have a Friday night headliner with Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott (unless an unexpected clash appears). I might even making it a full evening with Hot House Flowers and The Undertones.

16 minutes ago, sime said:

Love that line up. I now have a Friday night headliner with Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott (unless an unexpected clash appears). I might even making it a full evening with Hot House Flowers and The Undertones.

Me too though I've got one eye on the Park in case Phoebe Bridgers does it. I'm there if that is the case. 

3 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Thanks. And agreed - guess there's a chance they'll play twice? Looking at 2019 timings the headliner for acoustic seemed to clash with the sub elsewhere - so could still sneak off after and catch a headliner elsewhere potentially - has anyone done this?

I don't think I've even been to the Acoustic Stage before, and always like going somewhere new at Glasto.

I went from watching most of the set of Keane at the Acoustic to the Other Stage to watch the Chems but it was an absolute mission to make it to where my mates were at the front of Other. So yes possible but not sure I'd do it again. 

Just now, BrimfulOfAsha said:

I went from watching most of the set of Keane at the Acoustic to the Other Stage to watch the Chems but it was an absolute mission to make it to where my mates were at the front of Other. So yes possible but not sure I'd do it again. 

Cheers - I watched Chems and got there beforehand and still struggled to get near the front - I'd expect to be at the back if I went over to any headliner. Fair play to you for persevering to the front! 

2 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Cheers - I watched Chems and got there beforehand and still struggled to get near the front - I'd expect to be at the back if I went over to any headliner. Fair play to you for persevering to the front! 

My brother was on the phone to me saying there's loads of room, keep pushing, keep pushing. There clearly wasn't, he was being a lying bastard to get me there. I'm glad I persevered though, they blew me away 😀

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Irish folk taking over on the Friday

Mary Coughlan, Brian Kennedy, Hothouse Flowers, the Undertones

and Irish Mythen who is actually Canadian but we are a broad church 

She's from Portmarnock! (or at least she lived there for ages, think she was originally from Wexford)...

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Irish folk taking over on the Friday

Mary Coughlan, Brian Kennedy, Hothouse Flowers, the Undertones

and Irish Mythen who is actually Canadian but we are a broad church 

And the O’Mariachis band, from the Mexican quarter of Craggy Island😉

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Not as good as Waterford but right part of Ireland at least 😄 

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

You're right. She was born in Ireland and lives in Canada.

The Irish takeover becomes stronger.

I hope it emerges that Paul Heaton is also Irish

😁

It is the most Irish thing ever mind you to post the line-up in our WhatsApp group and have one of the lads reply, jaysus, Jane Mythen, sure she used to live around the corner from me! 

21 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

I don’t mind being at the back at glasto I think the stages are so well laid out the view is always class! 

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

😁

It is the most Irish thing ever mind you to post the line-up in our WhatsApp group and have one of the lads reply, jaysus, Jane Mythen, sure she used to live around the corner from me! 

True. I remember showing my friend the line up one year and she was going on and on about some drumming band from Waterford that were playing that I must see. I was trying to explain that I wasn't certain I'd be seeing either Elvis Costello or Johnny Marr because the line up was so stacked and so a drumming band I'd never heard of good as they may be probably weren't going to get a look in. 

We always have did you know Kate Bush's Mammy was from Waterford. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

True. I remember showing my friend the line up one year and she was going on and on about some drumming band from Waterford that were playing that I must see. I was trying to explain that I wasn't certain I'd be seeing either Elvis Costello or Johnny Marr because the line up was so stacked and so a drumming band I'd never heard of good as they may be probably weren't going to get a look in. 

We always have did you know Kate Bush's Mammy was from Waterford. 

My great claim to fame is I got into a fight with Ardal O'Hanlon's cousin in school