Official Acoustic Stage Lineup 2022

Suprefan

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I'd go with Billie Eilish in this situation. Could be a Glasto/life moment she talks about her whole life. 

Yeah and i've made her sell tickets for Manchester that we'd bought before we knew she was headlining

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Show your Mum where the acoustic stage is, go with daughter to the Pyramid. Think that would be your best bet. 

I've wanted to see PH&JA for ages too.. ill mull it over.

Whats the likelihood they'll play somewhere else?

5 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Ok team, I REALLY want to see Paul Heaton - will I have to get there early or will the pull of the main stage headliners mean that's not such a stress? Thanks! 

Reckon you would have to get  there early, certainly one we want to get to. Clashing with Billie E so would expect the eh, more mature, heading for the acoustic.  I had thought they might have been on the other stage. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Last time they played they did a couple of songs in BBC Introducing. Paul Heaton I think is criminally underrated as a songwriter. Think them as Pyramid or even Other Stage opener would be a party but I have seen them many times and at headliner time it gets trickier. 

Grew up on 0898 thanks to my mom and dad and since got in to the Housemartins stuff. Don't think there's been a name announced so far that I'd enjoy singing along to more. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Reckon you would have to get  there early, certainly one we want to get to. Clashing with Billie E so would expect the eh, more mature, heading for the acoustic.  I had thought they might have been on the other stage. 

Agree, thought they would be on a bigger stage....not sure what capacity the Acoustic holds but its not massive is it.

Paul and Jaqui played the Acoustic Stage a few years ago. We went about half way through the set (skipping stages to cram stuff in) and got to a decent position easily enough.

Id love to see them, but have seen the Beautiful South and P&J various times over the years, so they might get skipped. Shame. 

3 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Grew up on 0898 thanks to my mom and dad and since got in to the Housemartins stuff. Don't think there's been a name announced so far that I'd enjoy singing along to more. 

0898 was the first tour I saw them on. I guess Im older than you 😄

Edited by ClementsMike

Actually some stuff on there I'm tempted by, trying not to just completely rule it out as I usually end up doing.

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Hothouse Flowers, Chris Difford, Fishermans Friends all catching my eye. Gutted that Suzanne Vega is on Sunday night, she's great live but that's not how I see my Sunday night ending!

Quite fancy checking out The Mariachis as well, that could be a giggle 😄

Edited by Quark

Very good line-up, wouldn't mind catching The Shires if I could fit them in. Whilst I will probably plan to be elsewhere, if I do find myself in need of something low key there is a load of stuff at the Acoustic tent. I haven't seen Laura Veirs in years, very tempted.

First poster where I know the majority of names.  Chuffed to see Damien Dempsey on there, and I don't think I can ever skip Richard Thompson.

Heard Roseanne Read on the Folk Show the other day. She is the daughter of one of the Proclaimers. The song Mark played made me sit up - really good.

Just now, Quark said:

Actually some stuff on there I'm tempted by, trying not to just completely rule it out as I usually end up doing.

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Hothouse Flowers, Chris Difford, Fishermans Friends all catching my eye. Gutted that Suzanne Vega is on Sunday night, she's great live but that's not how I see my Sunday night ending!

Just looked up a Chris Difford setlist from his most recent tour and now I'm also very tempted by that also! 

12 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Haven’t settled on a Friday headliner yet, could be very tempted to see Paul @ Jacqui

So far I think that's my plan. No one else I'm desperate to see off the top of my head.

1 minute ago, Fish Bulb said:

Just looked up a Chris Difford setlist from his most recent tour and now I'm also very tempted by that also! 

I've always kinda written off stuff on the acoustic stage as there's so much going on elsewhere, but my brother was really keen to see SV when we did Beautiful Days a couple of years ago so I had my first experience of seeing that kind of set as my headline for the first time. Was great fun, so like you I'm opening my horizons a bit!

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Fishermans Friends are good fun. Were great in 2016. Good day that in there. Patti Griffin, Fishermans Friends, Bootlegs. 

12 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Went to see them last time they were in the Acoustic tent.    Weirdly they never played 'Me and the farmer' !!