Campervan field facilities

Becx99

Hi, could anyone advise what kind of facilities they have on the east CV field and on the Bath & west show grounds site? Do either have any form of chemical disposal, fresh water, toilets, showers? 

I understand that one is around a 10-20min walk from the stages and the other a 10min walk to shuttle then around a further 10-15min bus journey so not much in it travel wise. 

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

CV east facilities are about 10 years behind the rest of the festival, bare essentials, over used and under cleaned turdices, no showers, minimal food provision.

fine if you are in a vehicle with facilities, not great if you aren’t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

CV east facilities are about 10 years behind the rest of the festival

I'm not sure you are giving a fair picture of the comparable facilities at Glasto.  Dont want virgin CVers to think they are missing out on stuff!  CV fields are essentially the same as basic camping which the majority of people use.  Although, you have the extra luxury of your campervan in CV fields of course with possibility of bringing lots of stuff with you as well as (depending on van) kitchens, comfy beds, own toilet, own shower (or ability to bring solar shower).  The only thing basic camping gets is some form of toilet and a water tap. 

I'm not sure it's a fair to compare to any of the Glamping options where you get showers.  People are paying through the nose for those Glamping luxuries.

If comparing to other festivals, the sheer size of Glasto makes showers for all a logistical impossibility. 

If you want to use a shower in CV at Glasto, aside from easily bringing a solar with you, CVer have the same access to the Greenpeace, etc, showers as all other attendees. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Glast0baby said:

I'm not sure you are giving a fair picture of the comparable facilities at Glasto.  Dont want virgin CVers to think they are missing out on stuff!  CV fields are essentially the same as basic camping which the majority of people use.  Although, you have the extra luxury of your campervan in CV fields of course with possibility of bringing lots of stuff with you as well as (depending on van) kitchens, comfy beds, own toilet, own shower (or ability to bring solar shower).  The only thing basic camping gets is some form of toilet and a water tap. 

I'm not sure it's a fair to compare to any of the Glamping options where you get showers.  People are paying through the nose for those Glamping luxuries.

If comparing to other festivals, the sheer size of Glasto makes showers for all a logistical impossibility. 

If you want to use a shower in CV at Glasto, aside from easily bringing a solar with you, CVer have the same access to the Greenpeace, etc, showers as all other attendees. 

My comments are not meant as a dig, well a little bit, I’m just saying it how it is for first timers. The facilities are minimal, I think CV east is now the only part of the festival where portaloos are used, and they are your only choice and there aren’t enough of them and they aren’t cleaned often enough. Food provision is minimal. Nothing I’m saying isn’t correct. 

11 hours ago, Smeble said:

My comments are not meant as a dig, well a little bit, I’m just saying it how it is for first timers. The facilities are minimal, I think CV east is now the only part of the festival where portaloos are used, and they are your only choice and there aren’t enough of them and they aren’t cleaned often enough. Food provision is minimal. Nothing I’m saying isn’t correct. 

tbf... The facilities are as good as the vehicles that the punters bring....

If i want a bacon roll and a cup of tea in the morning, i make them in my caravan... I have never used the food vans in CVE.

If i need a pee in the night, i use the toilet in my caravan (not a lenor bottle)... The portaloos are cleaned every morning around 7am (They may be cleaned again later but I, like everyone else, am not there... I am in the festival

There are in fact hundreds of showers in the CV fields.. Its just up to the vehicle owners if they use (or want to share 😲) them

I love being there on a Tuesday & Wednesday as it is like a camping trip with mostly lovely, like minded neighbours.. BBQ's and drinking with friends..

I will miss it this year but i am sure that any newbie will think they have picked the correct option when they are standing on the Hill of Death (Slope of Mild Inconvenience) on Tuesday night with a drink in hand, getting a real buzz about the entertainment to come down in the valley... 

Vote CVE.!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

tbf... The facilities are as good as the vehicles that the punters bring....

If i want a bacon roll and a cup of tea in the morning, i make them in my caravan... I have never used the food vans in CVE.

If i need a pee in the night, i use the toilet in my caravan (not a lenor bottle)... The portaloos are cleaned every morning around 7am (They may be cleaned again later but I, like everyone else, am not there... I am in the festival

There are in fact hundreds of showers in the CV fields.. Its just up to the vehicle owners if they use (or want to share 😲) them

I love being there on a Tuesday & Wednesday as it is like a camping trip with mostly lovely, like minded neighbours.. BBQ's and drinking with friends..

I will miss it this year but i am sure that any newbie will think they have picked the correct option when they are standing on the Hill of Death (Slope of Mild Inconvenience) on Tuesday night with a drink in hand, getting a real buzz about the entertainment to come down in the valley... 

Vote CVE.!

Could have just saved yourself some effort and written ‘I’m alright jack’

not everyone has toilet/shower/3 course meal cooking facilities, for those that do it’s fine, for those that don’t the facilities are a few steps down from what’s available elsewhere in the festival. I don’t understand why this is so contravercial.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

could be improved just by swapping  out some of the turdices for composting toilets and cleaning everything more regularly, 

• Like 1

thank you all for you honest opinions. Im not expecting luxury. I just need to make sure there is somewhere to empty my toilet and get fresh water and the rest i can cater for with a little extra planning as i have no solar panels. 

8 minutes ago, Becx99 said:

thank you all for you honest opinions. Im not expecting luxury. I just need to make sure there is somewhere to empty my toilet and get fresh water and the rest i can cater for with a little extra planning as i have no solar panels. 

100% yes on all that - water points in every field and waste tanks to empty toilet cartridges, and portaloos, though who knows, there might be compost loos this year as well.

2 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Could have just saved yourself some effort and written ‘I’m alright jack’

not everyone has toilet/shower/3 course meal cooking facilities, for those that do it’s fine, for those that don’t the facilities are a few steps down from what’s available elsewhere in the festival. I don’t understand why this is so contravercial.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

could be improved just by swapping  out some of the turdices for composting toilets and cleaning everything more regularly, 

Apologies Jack... i didnt know your name..  and its no effort honest..

I am not alright actually, as i didnt get tickets this year..

but agreed, this isnt controversial... just facts are that the majority of campers/caravans in CVE not only will have facilities but they need them as a condition of entry...

Hopefully you DO have a ticket.? If so have a great time, wherever you camp.

Sorry to go over old ground here, just in discussions with our group about the Tuesday arrival:

What are talking about food wise in CV East - one or two vans? (not particularly bothered about Wednesday day onwards - more just the Tuesday really)

What do the queues tend to be like on the Tuesday, if you arrive around opening time?

A lot of people arrive on the Tuesday from lunchtime onwards and there may be a queue to get in.  If you're going with friends make sure you arrive together because there is no reserving on spaces for friends.  You may find a burger van at the top of the HoD (Slope of Mild Inconvenience) but that's about all.  But people will be cooking in their vans and sharing with friends and neighbours.

Stayed in both CV East (2016) and B&W (2019). Yeah facilities are basic in CV East. B&W also has portaloos, but proper showers and some proper toilets as well.

Food facilities are basic at both (even more so at B&W). But that doesn't really matter as outside of breakfast, why on earth would you be at your CV during any other time you want to eat? (I realize some may have to with kids)

I would imagine the food facilities in CV East will be open Tuesday night (not been there at that time before). They will already be there and hooked up, so would be silly not to open. In B&W the food truck was open on the Tuesday.

We take a disposable BBQ for the Tuesday night and a few bits to throw on it. Job sorted! Will prob be better than the standard food offered by the burger vans and save a bit of $$$ for the following 5 days. (maybe the food vans in CV East has improved, maybe someone there in 2019 can comment).

One piece of advice, take a day bag with all your booze for the day, jumper, waterproof, etc and don't return to your CV until you are ready for bed at the end of the night. Regardless of which CV site you are in and where you managed to park up, for me it is a complete waste of time and can often take longer than you think to get there and back.

As for walking times, you might need to add a bit more for the times you mentioned from Other and Pyramid. You might be able to make it in those times in dry conditions with no one around. But generally took us a bit longer.

Most importantly, have a great time!!!

When I arrived into B&W in 2019 on Tuesday around 18.00 there was no queue, drove straight in after ticket check, and was quite near the bus drop of points.

CV East in 2017, less said about that the better. It was the year with terrible weather in the run up. We drove halfway there from Bristol (leaving around 17.30, I think)  then got stuck in traffic. Stayed on the road moving forward about 100 metres every 20 mins or so. Was horrible for my brother who was driving. We would both fall asleep, then suddenly wake to realize we had to edge forward again. Got on site about 8am Wed. Not a great start to an energy sapping 5 days. We said we would have a nap once all set up, but the excitement took over and we cracked open a can and went on into the festival.

I've never had a particular problem with the loos in CV East for the last decade, except on the Monday which can apply everywhere on the site.

Likewise for emptying the loo from the van or filling the water - there are facilities in each field, but the fields can be large so don't try to carry too much on your own and take something to clean your hands if you're sensitive like some of us 😉

I'm lazy so I've used the food vans there for tea, burger or whatever on occasion after a drink on the way back. They do what they're for - supply hot food and drinks fairly quickly, but they're of course not the fancy grub that's available once gates are open.