Hare Krishna

marathonsteve

43 minutes ago, tarw said:

Any idea where this year?  Silver Hayes was just wrong 

They changed locations in 2019 in the lane leading up to Silver Hayes . I can understand where you are coming from in a way but then again it was quiet there and their curry is second to none.

2 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

They changed locations in 2019 in the lane leading up to Silver Hayes . I can understand where you are coming from in a way but then again it was quiet there and their curry is second to none.

I really enjoy visiting their tent as an oasis in the bedlam and have had a chant or two there. I didn’t go in 2019 because they were in there. Probably my loss

• Upvote 1

In 2017, after being up for about 36 hours, in the heat of the first day of the festival. I was on the point of ‘I need sleep otherwise I’ll pass out’ and found a bit of shade outside the hare tent.  I closed my eyes and was listening to their chant over and over to the point where my mind did some crazy things and I fell into some weird medidative sleep state for an hour. When I woke up I was being stung by some fucking fire ant or something. What a trip.

• Upvote 1

I always feel a bit awkward leaving that tent. It’s like I’m walking out in the middle of a song, but at some point it’s one chant too many and I’ve had enough. I walk out backwards flashing apologetic glances at anyone looking my way. 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I always feel a bit awkward leaving that tent. It’s like I’m walking out in the middle of a song, but at some point it’s one chant too many and I’ve had enough. I walk out backwards flashing apologetic glances at anyone looking my way. 

don't feel bad or awkward.  they're a homophobic and misogynistic organization that happens to make delicious food.  Take the grub and run, I say 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olshansky said:

don't feel bad or awkward.  they're a homophobic and misogynistic organization that happens to make delicious food.  Take the grub and run, I say 

are they actually homophobic, i know that their view towards heterosexual sex is that   it should be only for procreation, and homosexual sex can never be that so consistant-logically they'd be against it.