Primal Scream

Dreamingofsunnydays

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Seen them 5 times. 3 great sets & 2 stinkers.

Saw them in Blackburn in 2019 & they were really good. 

I have seen Paul Heaton & Jacqui too, so I am really torn for the Friday.

I was at that Blackburn gig, very good. They are hit and miss though.

I think I'll only be watching them this time if there's no clash, which is doubtful

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Yeah, that's the Screamadelica set, they usually bill them specifically as Screamadelica, I think most of them are on this tour, I'm going to Manchester to see them in July, so considering doing Foals instead if it's the same set.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:14 PM, Titters said:

Their festival sets last year were pretty Screamadelica heavy. 

I'd be keen to go see them again - I've seen them once and definitely wasn't a great evening for them... But annoyingly missed them on the Screamadelica revisited tour. 

Am I right in saying they did that on Other Stage in 2011?? My mate wasn't keen.... 

looked decent to me, although we all know the telly coverage can be very different from the atmosphere in the field.

Seen Primal Scream live a few times and personally I think they're brilliant live. Seen them twice at Glastonbury and they certainly got our group up and jumping about! Will caveat this to say I'm a fan of this band so maybe I'm a little biased!

4 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

Hi Guys, could really do with knowing if the band are doing the full Screamadelica set at Glastonbury, or a normal hits set? I'm sure they tweeted a while back that it was a hits set, but can't seem to find that tweet now. Anyone got any ideas?

It’s 30 years since they performed Screamadelica at Glastonbury after it was released. If it was my group I would be thinking of doing an anniversary set. 

17 minutes ago, AnnaGrant said:

It’s 30 years since they performed Screamadelica at Glastonbury after it was released. If it was my group I would be thinking of doing an anniversary set. 

They did Screamadelica in full on the Other stage about 10 years ago in fairness, maybe that has influenced their decision to go with a normal set this time perhaps 

Just now, foolsgold1981 said:

Coo, thank you. For me that would be a cracking Glastonbury setlist. Haven't seen them do XTRMNTR stuff in ages. Might be tempted to see them now...

My thoughts exactly. I saw their Screamadelica set at Glastonbury and at their own gig that year and saw there greatest hits tour a few years back. This setlist really does mix it up and I'm sure headlining the tent they will put on a great show

10 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

They did Screamadelica in full on the Other stage about 10 years ago in fairness, maybe that has influenced their decision to go with a normal set this time perhaps 

Yes, 2011 Other Stage in the pouring rain. I was there, to make up for missing the 1992 set (clashed with Carter USM).

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
24 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Just read this on popbitch. It is so sad.

The son of Martin Duffy gives Primal Scream a pasting at the inquest of his dad's death 
[Read here] 

Bobby Gillespie:

Always remember him getting dragged off the Pyramid by security, shouting about a 'police state' or some garbage. What a prick.

27 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Just read this on popbitch. It is so sad.

The son of Martin Duffy gives Primal Scream a pasting at the inquest of his dad's death 
[Read here] 

A sad read, but the testimony of a grieving son is hardly an objective account of what went on, I'm sure the band would have a different version of events, even if you accept this account he was earning £40K a year but was still in debt, he clearly couldn't manage money or his addiction, we don't know what lengths the band had gone to previously to sort his problems out so it would be best not to rush to conclusions based on this.

• Thanks 1