Accommodation Resale Friday - Secret Resale?

Hugh Jass II

15 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Wonder if they might sneak a few tickets out as well. 

Thing is, it'll be difficult to tell if they do - they ticket page is still up here for "whitelisted" (mostly Friends and Family) registrations - so while I wouldn't rule out them opening it up wider it'll be found by people randomly trying their details and finding they now work rather than a page suddenly going live.

40 minutes ago, incident said:

Thing is, it'll be difficult to tell if they do - they ticket page is still up here for "whitelisted" (mostly Friends and Family) registrations - so while I wouldn't rule out them opening it up wider it'll be found by people randomly trying their details and finding they now work rather than a page suddenly going live.

If anyone's going to spot it and let people know, it's these forums

3 minutes ago, leath02 said:

If anyone's going to spot it and let people know, it's these forums

Oh for sure - though what I guess I'm suggesting is that if anyone's still without  ticket - keep trying the page rather than wait. Those seconds could make all the difference.

25 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Would be fascinated to know how close to capacity they actually get each year. It won't actually be 235,000 people as there will be no shows every year. But when is it enough to trigger a secret sale?

Isn’t there always stories of bands returning tickets after not taking up their allocation? 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isn’t there always stories of bands returning tickets after not taking up their allocation? 

I wonder if they go conservative on the capacity numbers and try to reshare those returnees out if they have time knowing some capacity goes unused, or whether they take more risk and bank on tickets being returned to hit capacity (less likely I'd say as that's could be dangerous). 

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Would be fascinated to know how close to capacity they actually get each year. It won't actually be 235,000 people as there will be no shows every year. But when is it enough to trigger a secret sale?

Overall capacity won't be a trigger (and overall capacity is 210k). They're limited by the number of each type of ticket.

Specifically - public tickets are limited to 142k weekend tickets, of which I think at minimum 22k are required to be sold as coach packages - they'll want to sell all of those as that's the primary income stream. If they can't sell any returns via the Friends and Family scheme, that's the point we potentially see a secret resale.

Beyond that, if acts or media or whoever return their complimentary tickets tickets then those cannot be converted to general public tickets so won't factor on any resale.

• Thanks 1