Jump to content

Accommodation Resale Friday - Secret Resale?


Hugh Jass II
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Hugh Jass II changed the title to Accommodation Resale Friday - Secret Resale?

They’ve just said Campervan passes included on an Instagram post.

If there are loads of them after the amount I’ve paid for a Sticklinch tent I might have a little cry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Wonder if they might sneak a few tickets out as well. 

Thing is, it'll be difficult to tell if they do - they ticket page is still up here for "whitelisted" (mostly Friends and Family) registrations - so while I wouldn't rule out them opening it up wider it'll be found by people randomly trying their details and finding they now work rather than a page suddenly going live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, incident said:

Thing is, it'll be difficult to tell if they do - they ticket page is still up here for "whitelisted" (mostly Friends and Family) registrations - so while I wouldn't rule out them opening it up wider it'll be found by people randomly trying their details and finding they now work rather than a page suddenly going live.

If anyone's going to spot it and let people know, it's these forums

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, leath02 said:

If anyone's going to spot it and let people know, it's these forums

Oh for sure - though what I guess I'm suggesting is that if anyone's still without  ticket - keep trying the page rather than wait. Those seconds could make all the difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we expecting any tipis in this resale?

 

17 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

2 people I know cancelled their tickets few days ago, due to work issues. Could be worth keeping an eye out.

 

4 of our group had to return theirs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Would be fascinated to know how close to capacity they actually get each year. It won't actually be 235,000 people as there will be no shows every year. But when is it enough to trigger a secret sale?

Isn’t there always stories of bands returning tickets after not taking up their allocation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isn’t there always stories of bands returning tickets after not taking up their allocation? 

I wonder if they go conservative on the capacity numbers and try to reshare those returnees out if they have time knowing some capacity goes unused, or whether they take more risk and bank on tickets being returned to hit capacity (less likely I'd say as that's could be dangerous). 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Would be fascinated to know how close to capacity they actually get each year. It won't actually be 235,000 people as there will be no shows every year. But when is it enough to trigger a secret sale?

Overall capacity won't be a trigger (and overall capacity is 210k). They're limited by the number of each type of ticket.

Specifically - public tickets are limited to 142k weekend tickets, of which I think at minimum 22k are required to be sold as coach packages - they'll want to sell all of those as that's the primary income stream. If they can't sell any returns via the Friends and Family scheme, that's the point we potentially see a secret resale.

Beyond that, if acts or media or whoever return their complimentary tickets tickets then those cannot be converted to general public tickets so won't factor on any resale.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...