Official Glade Lineup 2022

Suprefan

29 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

They’re way bigger name than all of them. They’re headlining the creamfields 2nd stage. I really hope they do manage to get a good spread on the crowd. It’s gonna take a lot I think. 

yeah it's a tough one, unless they really do have a mad capacity for that stage this year, the headliners of glade are all big enough to pull a ridiculous crowd so it will be interesting to see. Maybe SH are putting Norm on the the Thursday?? But yeah i fully agree i might dip in for Franky then swiftly exit before everyone piles in 

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

Erm, yes. Hasn't it always been that?

2 hours ago, EFC1996 said:

I’ve been raving there since I was 18 🤪

Me too (well it didn't exist when I was 18, but since I was 20) - that's the thing, it's not even moved with the times enough to stay middle aged. Stylistically, it's firmly set in the early-mid nineties and hasn't budged from it one inch.

I like to imagine it will still be playing that kind of music when everyone who danced to it first time around has died of old age.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Me too (well it didn't exist when I was 18, but since I was 20) - that's the thing, it's not even moved with the times enough to stay middle aged. Stylistically, it's firmly set in the early-mid nineties and hasn't budged from it one inch.

I like to imagine it will still be playing that kind of music when everyone who danced to it first time around has died of old age.

I think this is why I love it - I wasn’t old enough or lucky enough to have partied in the 90s but nothing gets me moving like that era’s music.

I’m really disappointed in the line up. No Davos. Nothing like stereo mcs or way out west.   But more no spaceport smaller venue so less chance of hearing something like mark xtc playing old skool house.  Ask concerned about the size of the new stage. 

7 hours ago, gfa said:

really? not seeing anything online except this that didn't happen and was in June 2021

https://twitter.com/terrystuckshop/status/1405072702734540803/photo/1

Wary of the fact this is a public forum, I’m pretty sure there are since deleted tweets about gigs that may or may not have happened during Covid. 

They are also stated anti-Vaxxers - https://www.dummymag.com/news/camelphat-anti-vaccine-covid/

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

This is the original source that others quoted from. I'm not aware of anything other than this. I just can't see him playing Block 9. It's either a secret set thing (he did a secret set in the original glade in 97/98 I think?) Or miss communication. 

There wasn't a Glade stage in 97/98, pretty sure it's first year was 2000.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

There wasn't a Glade stage in 97/98, pretty sure it's first year was 2000.

yes you're right. 2000. I think Hybrid did a live set on the g stage that year. Dancing under the trees with just the cloth canopy doted about hanging between trees. 

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

yes you're right. 2000. I think Hybrid did a live set on the g stage that year. Dancing under the trees with just the cloth canopy doted about hanging between trees. 

Aw man that would have been incredible I'm sure. Fond memories of their Y2K mix CD soundtracking many an afters back around that time.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:12 PM, danbailey80 said:

And with Frank Wah saying he's alongside it will be Sasha, Digweed and Franky Wah B2B I reckon. Or at least Franky warming up then Sasha and Digweed. 

If we get Franky Wah, Digweed, Sasha and then Camelphat all at Glade on Thursday that would be some kind of heaven although I mustn't get so battered I ruin the rest of the festival. Surely they cant all play Thursday can they? It would be heaving unless the kids like other stuff these days and there is enough on elsewhere.....

Also need Nick Warren doing his usual festival set somewhere (outside of his set with Daddy G). He usually does Rabbit Hole on Thursday too. Really hope there isn't a clash there with what is going on at The Glade Thursday potentially..

Edited by rgalbraith

4 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Exactly. Beautiful description. Way Out West 2003 Headline @ Glade is where it all started for me. Then off to Joe Bananas.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

Exactly. Beautiful description. Way Out West 2003 Headline @ Glade is where it all started for me. Then off to Joe Bananas.

I don't think it's ever been that beautiful. The tree area doesn't need a roof. If they are moving the main stage then why have a massive dome covering the trees? All will be revealed though I'm sure they'll get it right

Edited by danbailey80