Shuttle from Castle Cary

yehbutnobut

I’m there early this year working, so Mrs YBNB is having to catch the train up on the Wednesday. Just wondering about the situation with getting to the festival from the station, if there’s a shuttle, how often, and if so which gate does it take you to? Any info, much appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

Wednesday shuttle is super regular, and runs whenever there are trains running. You just join the queue as soon as you get off the train. I can't even remember getting on the shuttle properly, its that mundane. From hazy recollection, there's normally a couple already stationed there and I think I've pretty much got straight on. Biggest issue I've ever seen is sniffer dogs pulling people out the crowds there!

Thank you for asking this question - my son has an A Level on the Friday morning so he is coming Friday afternoon and I wanted to know how often they leave Castle Cary and how long does it take to get to the festival ? Thanks 😊 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:14 PM, irnkrtn said:

Wednesday shuttle is super regular, and runs whenever there are trains running. You just join the queue as soon as you get off the train. I can't even remember getting on the shuttle properly, its that mundane. From hazy recollection, there's normally a couple already stationed there and I think I've pretty much got straight on. Biggest issue I've ever seen is sniffer dogs pulling people out the crowds there!

Thanks for the info. Don’t suppose you remember which gate the shuttle takes you to? Just so I know where to head to greet her 😊

On 5/12/2022 at 8:20 AM, yehbutnobut said:

Thanks for the info. Don’t suppose you remember which gate the shuttle takes you to? Just so I know where to head to greet her 😊

I am sure it was Gate A last time I got it, but as @blutarskysays it might well be PGA. They are fairly close to each other by Glastonbury standards though so it will definitely be that end of the site! 

From the official site

Bus from Castle Cary train station

There’s a FREE shuttle bus for Festival ticket holders running between Castle Cary Station and the Festival Bus Station throughout the Festival. The bus station is next to Pedestrian Gate A. The shuttle operates from Wednesday to Monday (there is no service during the night when trains aren’t running). Remember you will need your Festival ticket to use the bus service to the site.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...