Let's talk about showers

jed300

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

I am thinking still how may be even possible that Kidz Field provide towels free of charge. How is even possible to have thousands of towels daily and wash them for the next day? It looks like an impossible for me.

They don't have thousands. Most people bring their own. They've maybe 100.

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmo said:

Can anyone who stayed at Worthy View in 2019 confirm whether they turned off the showers for them also, as they did for us plebs? Staying at WV this year and I'm wondering if I should bring a backup in case they turn it off again this year.

My memory is hazy but they were definitely off for a period of time.

1 hour ago, bennyboi said:

the puddle is always there long before I come along 

you cant change my mind on this 

Your clearly just trolling about this subject, as couldn't be so self centred as to not understand that your making the problem far worse. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, FluffBall said:

Does anyone know if any of the showers areopen on Monday the 27th, our boiler has just given up and won't be replaced till July. I would rather not have the options be cold shower or go to the gym.

I'd be very surprised if anything was open to the public.

If you're driving, you could try the various Motorway Services along the route which should have those facilities, although they're intended for professional drivers so the services may be sniffy about letting festival types use them.

7 minutes ago, Kellsy_81 said:

Hey, does anyone know if any of the Campervan fields have showers in them? This is my first time over in the bath & west show ground so i’m not sure? If not, does anyone know the nearest part of the festival  I could grab a shower from? 
cheers!

Bath and West is the only campervan field with showers. You may have a queue a bit though.

Haven’t been since 2017 so my memory is a bit hazy, did the Greenpeace showers provide hair/shower gel?

I vaguely remember not being able to use my own as they wanted to control what chemicals were going into the drains. 

One less thing to pack if I don’t need to take them. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Haven’t been since 2017 so my memory is a bit hazy, did the Greenpeace showers provide hair/shower gel?

I vaguely remember not being able to use my own as they wanted to control what chemicals were going into the drains. 

One less thing to pack if I don’t need to take them. 

Yes, biodegradable shower gel in dispensers. They ask that people don't use their own products in the shower, although you could maybe still bring some just in case you end up using the Kidz Field, Lost Horizons or cycling field showers.

• Thanks 1

Regarding Sam's Sauna and showers. They will not be there this year.

Rupa's Realm Sauna(including showers) will be making their debut at Glastonbury this year. Replacing the absence of Sam's Sauna. They will be based in the same location of Undle Ground. They will also be a cheaper alternative to the more expensive Lost Horizon Sauna.

Forgot to add to my posting above.  That the prices for Rupa's Realm Sauna are likely to be £2 for a shower only, £5 for a sauna session, and £10 to £15 for a full duration festival pass.  The hot showers are cubicles with privacy curtains.

2 hours ago, music fan said:

Forgot to add to my posting above.  That the prices for Rupa's Realm Sauna are likely to be £2 for a shower only, £5 for a sauna session, and £10 to £15 for a full duration festival pass.  The hot showers are cubicles with privacy curtains.

Sounds ideal, thanks for the heads-up. Any idea where these will be located?