Let's talk about showers

jed300

7 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Outside your Tent with a water container, a cloth and some environmentally friendly soap

Cost: Free

Towels Available: If you like

System: Get up, wear shorts, give yourself a scrub

Times: Usually when hungover

I just don a pair of shorts, bring a cloth and job is a good 'un! 

Be aware that biodegradable soap must not be used closer than  100 metres of a water course, it has to break down in the soil  before entering water.

• Like 1

weather dependent of course, but I usually manage a shower every day at glasto unless it's pssing down or they've turned off the water like in 2019.   I don't ever feel awake without one.  I prefer the greenpeace ones, and to me it's worth waking up early to grab one.  I've always been interested in Lost Horizons though - maybe this is the year I try them

9 hours ago, jed300 said:

I know some people think showering at Glastonbury is crazy but I love a shower.

This is my first time camping after being in a campervan the last few festivals. After googling and looking at this site/the glastonbury website it would be good to get a definitive shower guide down (I really hope somebody has already done this). This is what I know so far. Can you fill in the gaps and add any I'm missing?

(nearby) Kids Field

Towels Available: ?

System: queue and wait

Times: ?

Greenpeace

System: ticketed

Cyclist Camp

Cost: £5 (if not camping)

Times: after 12pm (non-cyclists)

Lost Horizons

Cost: ?

Towels Available: available to hire

Magic Sauna

Cost: donation

System: ?

We want to keep it under wraps haha. Or the queues will be huge,

I've never had a shower in 11 years of going, wonder if this could be the year?

We're in the campervan fields so, depending which part we end up in, the one's at the Kidz Field look convenient... ish

Guessing it's as you'd expect - morning, forget about it; unless you're willing to put in a shift queuing. Mid to late afternoon, probably be alright?

5 hours ago, rosieangel said:

thank you! was thinking about doing this anyway this year and can't say no to a fiver! 

No worries! I was mocked relentlessly for mine by my buddies, and then they crawled back and saw the light, I won’t rest until every group lives this dream…

Lost horizons all the way, can't remember who asked but I think it's £20 for a full festival pass or about £5 per entry, my wife thinks it was more though... Love the chilled out vibes (and it still had water in 2019). We like to indulge in the nudity but it can get busy on the Sunday and with that does come some unwelcome staring, which can be an issue.

34 minutes ago, FluffBall said:

Lost horizons all the way, can't remember who asked but I think it's £20 for a full festival pass or about £5 per entry, my wife thinks it was more though... Love the chilled out vibes (and it still had water in 2019). We like to indulge in the nudity but it can get busy on the Sunday and with that does come some unwelcome staring, which can be an issue.

Whats the wait for a shower like in there?

7 hours ago, jed300 said:

On the Sunday it can be pretty bad, at least 30mins, the rest of the time you'd be second or third in the queue. Personally I don't actually use the shower, I prefer to use the sauna and plunge pool

A few years I've woken up early on the Friday morning and got to Greenpeace early, milled around for about an hour and then have a freshen up for the festival starting proper. 2016 was a bit bleak, I was just sat at the back of West Holts reading updates on the referendum as they came in. 2017 was much more fun, there was a morning fitness class to 80s cheese on the Greenpeace stage that I was doing, and then continued to do butt neked in the showers next door. 

A big upside of volunteering is the easy access to showers (loo crew share with recycling crew), they get busy at the end of shifts, but have quiet spells whenever you fancy a quick freshen up. 

11 hours ago, FluffBall said:

I read it’s £50 For full festival pass 

11 hours ago, jed300 said:

Spent a couple of hours there on Thursday in 2019, early afternoon.  No queue at all, it was bliss in the heat.

Thoroughly recommend it, not just for the showers.  It's really peaceful and a great place to just chill out

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, offmytrolley said:

Came here to say this! My one is a bit cheaper looking but it's great fun. Put some swimshorts on, go somewhere where it doesn't matter if you make the ground wet, then take turns spraying each other. It's good as you just fill it up at the taps then move on, so you're not holding other people up and making a load of mud around the taps by washing there.

My one attaches to a regular bottle (500ml, 2l, whatever) so takes up less space:

image.png.cb80de1786ad590832d145f76dc43151.png

Just arrived, 4 quid, and can confirm its the real deal. Could shower with this and 500ml of water. 

On 5/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, FluffBall said:

On 5/11/2022 at 9:21 AM, Chicken Bob said:

I read it’s £50 For full festival pass 

Lost Horizon Prices

Full Festival Pass from Wednesday/Thursday £50

Full Festival Pass from Friday £40

Full Festival Pass from Saturday £30

Single entry £15

Half price for crew

On 5/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, FluffBall said:

Would I be judged if I wasn't nude and wore swimming shorts? Not a fan of being nude in public lol

Is there any reason someone like bathing under the stars can't be setup in Glasto?

I've done it 9 years without a shower but mainly down to the faff, last Greenman we booked a hottub at bathing under the stars. Hit shower, then an hour in a hottub with prosecco and then a shower before leaving. We practically floated out of the place on Saturday morning, never felt better at a festival in my life 

1 hour ago, Absorbingbow said:

Would I be judged if I wasn't nude and wore swimming shorts? Not a fan of being nude in public lol

Not at all. People in various states of undress and no pressure to strip off. Although when you’re there, you may change your mind! 

I just realized I could bring my 10 L garden sprayer that you can pressure and have an awesome shower. May need to thoroughly clean it unless I actually want to be insect proof as an added benefit. And maybe skip the garlic water spraying in the next three weeks. But then I'm French so I can be excused for any garlic BO I guess? And have more personal space in a crowd? WIN!

On 5/10/2022 at 11:21 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone got any thoughts on best ways to self-shower now that single use plastics are banned?

I bought a solar shower aeons ago but never really used it as you need something to hang it from.

SUP only banned from sale on site.

25 minutes ago, moogster said:

I just realized I could bring my 10 L garden sprayer that you can pressure and have an awesome shower. May need to thoroughly clean it unless I actually want to be insect proof as an added benefit. And maybe skip the garlic water spraying in the next three weeks. But then I'm French so I can be excused for any garlic BO I guess? And have more personal space in a crowd? WIN!

I have one of these and had similar thought. May sling it in the van just in case. Only ever used with water as I got it to was the dog down. Cost less than £10 from Lidl. 
You’d probably need someone to hose you down. 
My only issue with ‘showering’ by tent is creating a wet muddy area. Don’t want that when the rest of the site is definitely going to be bone dry. 

Edited by PassingCloud