Let's talk about showers

jed300

5 minutes ago, mazola said:

Never bothered with a shower previously, but as we were with Oxfam last time I ended up having a couple, and have to admit it was nice.

Not interested in  queuing up or missing part of the day to have one, but was wondering if there are any 24hrs ones? would it be possible to nip in at the early hours somewhere on my way back to the tent?

No but theres never a queue at the Kidz Fields showers after 4pm really and they provide a towel. So if you're walking by to a gig or whatever you can nip in and out in 5 minutes. Get the barse shined up.

4 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Only time I started to lose my good Glasto vibes was when queuing for campsite water tap and waiting for people to wash and shampoo.  I hope you do it when no one else is waiting as it is very annoying for others queuing to fill a water bottle.

Exactly this!! 

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This and some swimming shorts are my method of choice along with an eco friendly shower gel …. Also came in handy in one of the hot years in the slalom queue at gate A where I’d chucked a shed load of ice cubes and water in it people in the queue appreciated it also 

A1035E35-8965-4E39-A74E-37143B65F4F1.jpeg

An excellent piece of kit. We have a caravan with its own shower, but we use this as it saves time (just heat water on the stove rather than waiting for the water heater), and battery power as you don't need to use the caravan's pump. You only need a couple of litres of warm water for a luxurious feeling shower. A bit bulky if you're carrying everything on site though!

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I was never fussed by showers before I stayed in Worthy View, but they are a game changer. Really help blow away the hangover from the night before.

basically this lol. i laughed at my mates when they insisted on showers after id camped it for 3 years....

i still remember the first i had a shower and walked out into the field... game changer indeed !

1 minute ago, dizzymoo said:

An excellent piece of kit. We have a caravan with its own shower, but we use this as it saves time (just heat water on the stove rather than waiting for the water heater), and battery power as you don't need to use the caravan's pump. You only need a couple of litres of warm water for a luxurious feeling shower. A bit bulky if you're carrying everything on site though!

it goes in the bike trailer  and we do 2 trips so its no hassle .... always a cold shower too ... does wonders for shaking the hangover 🙂 

What’s the deal with Lost Horizons? How much is it? Is there ever much of a queue? Do you just buy a wrist band when you get there?

I was so desperate for a shower in the heat on saturday 2019 I don’t mind coughing up if I can get one without much of a queue at midday. 

45 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No but theres never a queue at the Kidz Fields showers after 4pm really and they provide a towel. So if you're walking by to a gig or whatever you can nip in and out in 5 minutes. Get the barse shined up.

Bet this would have been nice in 2019 with the heat!

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

What’s the deal with Lost Horizons? How much is it? Is there ever much of a queue? Do you just buy a wrist band when you get there?

I was so desperate for a shower in the heat on saturday 2019 I don’t mind coughing up if I can get one without much of a queue at midday. 

info here:

https://losthorizon.org.uk/

1 hour ago, jed300 said:

What are we saying about towels then? How are we drying them? Wire between a couple of tents?

These are currently out of stock here, but get yourself something similar.  Almost like drying yourself with a shammy leather. Very light, roll up really small, super absorbent and dry out ridiculously quickly.

https://www.millets.co.uk/15994313/eurohike-suede-microfibre-towel-large-15994313

EDIT - Just saw that @Funkyfairy! beat me to it.

Edited by Quark

I don't do queues, so no showers.  I have a wash by the tent. Cold water from a water carrier. Twice though I have by accident come across the Greenpeace showers when there was no queue.  This was very early on in the festival (early Thursday?), when a shower is not the most necessary, but I went anyway.  Both times it was so warm that I didn't even need a towel.

From when I used to go to Roskilde, I remember the showers there were 24 hours, so if convenient (not missing music) I would go when there was no queue.

Showered once in 2017 at Greenpeace, picked me up nicely for the rest of the weekend but can't get away from either queuing or going in the quiet times and potentially missing something you want to see. I'll be sticking with a quick wash outside the tent this year, soap and a flannel and a small tub of water and good to go.

14 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

We have one of these for cleaning our dogs and I have never even thought of using it at Glastonbury for us!! 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone got any thoughts on best ways to self-shower now that single use plastics are banned?

Does this mean you can't take in bottled water?  I usually take a few 2l bottles of frozen water to keep the breakfast food fresh and a few cans on the first day cold.

Just now, Padgey said:

Does this mean you can't take in bottled water?  I usually take a few 2l bottles of frozen water to keep the breakfast food fresh and a few cans on the first day cold.

yes you can dont worry ... you just can't buy plastic bottles on site 

33 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Hosing each other down with one of these is the morning entertainment in our camp. Filled with warm water, lovely stuff.

600x600.jpg

Came here to say this! My one is a bit cheaper looking but it's great fun. Put some swimshorts on, go somewhere where it doesn't matter if you make the ground wet, then take turns spraying each other. It's good as you just fill it up at the taps then move on, so you're not holding other people up and making a load of mud around the taps by washing there.

My one attaches to a regular bottle (500ml, 2l, whatever) so takes up less space:

image.png.cb80de1786ad590832d145f76dc43151.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384872761395?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item599c344833:g:G7wAAOSwbYZic9No&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAAA4I3ykRIdV9ArrZo4vE5nh5uOTeaSH7Gs5%2BuTSaKJUCg1sHsCs4ttH%2Fuv7%2Bwun4sVSnfU2RqD1prYZUi7MbJtABGDqg8v%2FemvrDaq9%2F1ZsMXTAeQvq0ajwUdFSn34MDSA6gIit7%2BwaSktWKPpT5TP95o5RIp%2FVUe%2FQT1MhcENGlDegcACJOxKCZNetmpHayHwGmVP1qiuZdzOYpGVIo%2FxcrBTuHHV5A9i9P31BRwkgPAV2Vt9uaEI6zYxEfmxC%2BkGXvL%2BEGSszuItM9rEDlRDQuaz9CEGlIZaUkhUJ%2BkJPlOL|tkp%3ABFBMmviz35Vg

3 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

Came here to say this! My one is a bit cheaper looking but it's great fun. Put some swimshorts on, go somewhere where it doesn't matter if you make the ground wet, then take turns spraying each other. It's good as you just fill it up at the taps then move on, so you're not holding other people up and making a load of mud around the taps by washing there.

My one attaches to a regular bottle (500ml, 2l, whatever) so takes up less space:

image.png.cb80de1786ad590832d145f76dc43151.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384872761395?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item599c344833:g:G7wAAOSwbYZic9No&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAAA4I3ykRIdV9ArrZo4vE5nh5uOTeaSH7Gs5%2BuTSaKJUCg1sHsCs4ttH%2Fuv7%2Bwun4sVSnfU2RqD1prYZUi7MbJtABGDqg8v%2FemvrDaq9%2F1ZsMXTAeQvq0ajwUdFSn34MDSA6gIit7%2BwaSktWKPpT5TP95o5RIp%2FVUe%2FQT1MhcENGlDegcACJOxKCZNetmpHayHwGmVP1qiuZdzOYpGVIo%2FxcrBTuHHV5A9i9P31BRwkgPAV2Vt9uaEI6zYxEfmxC%2BkGXvL%2BEGSszuItM9rEDlRDQuaz9CEGlIZaUkhUJ%2BkJPlOL|tkp%3ABFBMmviz35Vg

amazing, bought 🙂

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

Bet this would have been nice in 2019 with the heat!

They were turned off

Source: trekked the whole way from Dairy ground  in 30 degree heat on 2 hours sleep still off my chops to be met with disappointment. 

settled for filling up my water bottle and dumping it over my head with 8 women in the same position at some camp site. 

19 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I thought it was that single use plastic couldn't be sold rather than taken in? I could be wrong!