Let's talk about showers

jed300

I know some people think showering at Glastonbury is crazy but I love a shower.

This is my first time camping after being in a campervan the last few festivals. After googling and looking at this site/the glastonbury website it would be good to get a definitive shower guide down (I really hope somebody has already done this). This is what I know so far. Can you fill in the gaps and add any I'm missing?

(nearby) Kids Field

Cost: Free

Towels Available: ?

System: queue and wait

Times: ?

Greenpeace

Cost: Free

System: ticketed

Cyclist Camp

Cost: £5 (if not camping)

Times: after 12pm (non-cyclists)

Lost Horizons

Cost: ?

Towels Available: available to hire

Magic Sauna

Cost: donation

System: ?

4 minutes ago, rgill3 said:

I don't want to admit it but the shower is a necessity for me and I will go to any length to make sure I get one.

Looking forward to every response saying just use a cloth.

Just used your soiled undies

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I was never fussed by showers before I stayed in Worthy View, but they are a game changer. Really help blow away the hangover from the night before.

Last two festivals we've ended up right at the back row of WV. Bit of a hike to the showers/nice toilets.

6 minutes ago, rubick said:

Last two festivals we've ended up right at the back row of WV. Bit of a hike to the showers/nice toilets.

We lucked out last time and were up at the top end near the hill down into the festival and an easy walk to the showers.

I only ever used the urinals at the toilets. Morning ablutions were saved for the long drops as soon as you entered through the gate, which were always empty and pristine.

• Like 1

Have only ever used Greenpeace other than when camping off-site one year. No towels but the ticketing system worked well  and definitely a good option, particularly on a hot year - which of course will include this year! 

14 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

What are the nearest showers to silver hayes area. I never care where I camp so just chuck my tent near gate a

Also interested in this - nearest to Oxylers/Dairy?

Maybe someone could make a map even!

Edited by gfa

I have showers in the Oxfield at Glasto but for other festivals, I take a collapsible bowl and a portable water carrier available at poundland. 

If we've got a kettle and burner to make tea/coffee, then you can warm up some water in the bowl and have a good tent wash! 

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone got any thoughts on best ways to self-shower now that single use plastics are banned?

Ask thy neighbour.

giphy.gif

Or a pack of paper cups. 

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I bought a solar shower aeons ago but never really used it as you need something to hang it from.

In 2009 and 2010 up behind Michaels Mead over Worthy Lane theres a fenced off field covered in trees with an old tractor. Like something time forgot. Hung the solar shower there on a tree for the festival. Glorious years.

Might still be an option. 

Capture.png

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

One of the lads is bringing a pop up shower/toilet tent. We’ve got a solar shower, travel johns/janes too, so should be relatively self sufficient.

That seems like a lot of hassle, a collapsible bucket and a cloth is always a winner for us.

5 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Wouldn’t have usually considered this at full price as usually just happy to awkwardly pour a bottle of water over my head as I’m knelt over, but can’t argue for a fiver. 

Morning ritual, go get a ticket for Greenpeace showers, watch the Power Ballad yoga for a bit, if ticket number a long way off get a coffee/toast in Greenpeace field and wait reasonably close by with a book. If no big queue get toast and coffee on the bridge on the way back to Kidney Mead. In the cafe to the left of the entrance to Greenfield there was a repeater for the shower numbers system so you could tell when it was nearly your go. That was 2017 I think.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

That seems like a lot of hassle, a collapsible bucket and a cloth is always a winner for us.

Kind of thing that gets left behind as well (not saying this guy's mate will but toilet tents sound grim to take home)

• Upvote 1