Paul Heaton, lovely gesture

Ayrshire Chris

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So went to this because the missus was keen as. I wasn't that pushed but fuck me what a gig. Banger fest. I knew he had tunes but didnt know he had that many. And sounded so good live. 

Got right up the front around the right hand side of the tent too. 

And as it was in the acoustic tent you would have had the added bonus of avoiding all that nasty bad weather you are so keen on predicting! 😉😊👍.  We were just outside and yes it was terrific. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So went to this because the missus was keen as. I wasn't that pushed but fuck me what a gig. Banger fest. I knew he had tunes but didnt know he had that many. And sounded so good live. 

was sad to miss this, their Isle of White set was immense

2 hours ago, angelin said:

Shame the didn't put them outside somewhere the field was packed

Missed the first couple of tunes and walked in around the right hand side and got very close. Always the way up there.

But yes. If anyone is deserving a of a Friday or Saturday afternoon Pyramid singalong slot.....

On 6/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, The Nal said:

Missed the first couple of tunes and walked in around the right hand side and got very close. Always the way up there.

But yes. If anyone is deserving a of a Friday or Saturday afternoon Pyramid singalong slot.....

Same- was on my own and managed to get pretty close to the stage coming in from the right side of tent, a few songs in. As always with Glastonbury, use the less obvious entrance and you're usually golden!

5 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

Same- was on my own and managed to get pretty close to the stage coming in from the right side of tent, a few songs in. As always with Glastonbury, use the less obvious entrance and you're usually golden!

Yeah. Always the same in the Park too 

On 6/28/2022 at 10:04 AM, The Nal said:

Had them as an option but was a last minute decision to go for the comfort and fun of some singalonga joy. Not remotely disappointed, had a blast. Was outside but that was through choice so I could have a smoke.

Edited by Quark

6 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I was serving behind the bar in the Cockmill... good Lord it was busy! However, even from there, the gig sounded fantastic. Danced my way through my shift.

That’s a pretty sweet shift! Must be great when a work shift coincides with something good! 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

That’s a pretty sweet shift! Must be great when a work shift coincides with something good! 

Of all the bars, I think Cockmill is best to work in for this very reason. Sound is still excellent, and, for me, Acoustic had a very good line up this year. The run of Hothouse Flowers > Undertones > Paul Heaton was superb. Shift just flew by.

49 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Of all the bars, I think Cockmill is best to work in for this very reason. Sound is still excellent, and, for me, Acoustic had a very good line up this year. The run of Hothouse Flowers > Undertones > Paul Heaton was superb. Shift just flew by.

Great luck which you deserve when volunteering!