Taking a baby on the coach anybody done this before?

Mat23

Does anybody have experience of taking babies or small children on the coach to Glastonbury? I bought my ticket before I had my daughter  and couldn’t get an exchange for a normal ticket. I’m excited to bring her but it’s making me anxious thinking about the 3 hour journey with her and I’m wondering if I’ve made the right decision by bringing her. She’ll be 8 months old. Any tips would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, Mat23 said:

Does anybody have experience of taking babies or small children on the coach to Glastonbury? I bought my ticket before I had my daughter  and couldn’t get an exchange for a normal ticket. I’m excited to bring her but it’s making me anxious thinking about the 3 hour journey with her and I’m wondering if I’ve made the right decision by bringing her. She’ll be 8 months old. Any tips would be appreciated!

Have you booked a seat on the coach for her? I am pretty sure every passenger including infants have to have an allocated seat on See Coaches. Drop an email to glastonbury@seetickets.com to check. 🙂

I haven't done it before, but exactly the same situation and doing it this year with an 18 month old. I'm planning lots of snacks and a couple of toys for the coach, then just hoping she sleeps for some of it... We're taking a bike trailer to use during the festival, so hoping that putting our stuff into that and having her in a back carrier will let us carry everything across site, though Wicket family camping is just inside the coach gate if we decide to stay there.

We have friends with general admission tickets so they're actually going to drive our car there, then we'll drive home and they'll take our coach space. The main issue at the moment is (despite charging £62 for a baby to travel) seetickets aren't providing a carseat, so not sure how we're going to carry that once we're there. Current plan is to try to manage it in the queue then stick it in a lockup just through the gate.

Definitely keen to hear tips from anyone who's done it before though.

4 hours ago, rosemae said:

We're taking a bike trailer to use during the festival

I know that there are tales about See tickets being very tight on luggage space.  I presume/hope this is going in the car you mentioned?  I'm having hot sweats over just getting a camping chair in, let alone a bike and trailer 😮

54 minutes ago, Glast0baby said:

I know that there are tales about See tickets being very tight on luggage space.  I presume/hope this is going in the car you mentioned?  I'm having hot sweats over just getting a camping chair in, let alone a bike and trailer 😮

Hah, no bike - just a bike buggy trailer which acts like a pram and folds down - they're far better in the mud than prams or garden trolleys. Given we've had to buy a seat for the baby I'm hoping she gets some luggage space too - planning on one rucksack and tent between the three of us along with the folded trailer, so less overall luggage than three people's rucksacks and assorted bits.

6 hours ago, rosemae said:

I haven't done it before, but exactly the same situation and doing it this year with an 18 month old. I'm planning lots of snacks and a couple of toys for the coach, then just hoping she sleeps for some of it... We're taking a bike trailer to use during the festival, so hoping that putting our stuff into that and having her in a back carrier will let us carry everything across site, though Wicket family camping is just inside the coach gate if we decide to stay there.

We have friends with general admission tickets so they're actually going to drive our car there, then we'll drive home and they'll take our coach space. The main issue at the moment is (despite charging £62 for a baby to travel) seetickets aren't providing a carseat, so not sure how we're going to carry that once we're there. Current plan is to try to manage it in the queue then stick it in a lockup just through the gate.

Definitely keen to hear tips from anyone who's done it before though.

It sounds like you have thought out some good strategies- I am the same in that we have family going on general admission who are taking everything else for us, I’m just taking a baby bag, buggy and car seat attachment. Could the seat double as a carrier for other stuff once baby is in the carrier? Maybe too bulky for that. 

It’s good to know family camping is just by the coach park!

I’m dreading nappy changes if that is the case. It may be that it will have to wait if it’s unsafe to take her out of the car seat (I’ve emailed about car seat  tips and rules so if I get a reply I will post on here)

The main thing for me is that she can often cry in the car unless we go at the pinnacle moment near nap time fed, changed and happy. I’m also on my own as they would only change my ticket out of our group to a better location because of my daughter. Hoping it goes smoothly 🤞🏻

Any more tips welcome 🙂

2 hours ago, Glast0baby said:

I’ve had very little information about the coach, I wish they would be more clear but thank you for the heads up. I’m hoping they can at least allow a buggy for a baby