Another food thread…

Hugh Jass II

So in the mornings for the past few GF's I always head up to Greenpeace to go for a veggie breakfast, mainly because you get Potatoes Bravas with it and it's generally amazing, not too heavy and pretty much is the right amount of food after a heavy eve. It's in a tent opposite Manic Organic, with places to sit inside, I think they do epic cake as well if I remember correctly. Can anyone here remember what the stall is called at all? been trying to track it down but with no luck!🤞

2 minutes ago, Camden Leisure Pirate said:

So in the mornings for the past few GF's I always head up to Greenpeace to go for a veggie breakfast, mainly because you get Potatoes Bravas with it and it's generally amazing, not too heavy and pretty much is the right amount of food after a heavy eve. It's in a tent opposite Manic Organic, with places to sit inside, I think they do epic cake as well if I remember correctly. Can anyone here remember what the stall is called at all? been trying to track it down but with no luck!🤞

Do you just mean the greenpeace cafe?

On 5/9/2022 at 11:39 PM, jimmillen said:

Are any of the better food places open late late, like 5am staggering back from the SEC sort of late? 🤔

In 2013 I’d forgotten to eat anything substantial earlier before seriously getting on it all night… come the early hours I was desperate for sustenance but all we could find was an extremely mediocre chip van. 

Would be great if anything better ran through the night. Although I’ll admit the chances of me remembering any recommendations in that scenario are low! 😂

No one that's been on narcs and is wandering around at 5am is usually wanting something to eat!

2 minutes ago, Camden Leisure Pirate said:

Hey jefwefwef, no it was tucked around the corner from GP cafe>>> Was hoping you would know 🙂

veggie.jpg

That'll be lynda's loaf. I've not confirmed their return, yet, will ping them now.

/edit maybe not, as Lynda's is a bakery so probably doesnt do morning potatoes. In that case I don't know as I don't have a complete record from 2019 and I'm still trying to get the 2022 list together, sorry.

Edited by jefwefwef

On 5/11/2022 at 12:38 AM, balti-pie said:

🤣🤣🤣👍🏻 I’m truly honoured! I’ve not been to the Hawthorns, away tickets are such a ballache to get hold of that my ground hopping tends to be non league these days. One day I’ll write a pie review of all 92 league clubs inside a season, when my lottery numbers come up - then I’ll do Scotland as well, and the full non league scene down to step 6, and then perhaps die due to overconsumption of delicious pastry products . . . 

Well I can definitely recommend a Baggies Balti Pie, and you can even come and sit in the home end with us to enjoy it! 😄

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Olshansky said:

is there a consensus on who does the best full english on site?  there was a place on big ground that i used to love, but i didnt camp there in 2019 andn never made it over 

I cant see them on the confirmend food stalls but we are/were planning on having our breakfasts at Lulu's Cafe located near The Wood

Edited by gazzared

On 5/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Love a bit of Glastronomy!! I've already messaged my favourite stall to make sure they're going to be there 🤣

Company called Makatcha. They run a stall simply called 'Coconut Curry'

Pulled meats in spicy Thai coconut sauce with pickled salads. INSANE. 🤤🤤 Highly, highly recommended if you haven't seen them before. They have a prime spot at Latitude every year, always sold out by the end. I always try to get it a couple of times while im there....I'm such a fan 🤣🤣

One of my absolute favourites as well.  Also my favourite curry to cook.  Found the Matakatcha recipe online here 

https://www.irishbeef.co.uk/recipe/makatchas-indonesian-beef-rendang/

Festival version is shredded and the recipe remains whole pieces but can be broken apart if desired.  Wonderful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, emilyeavis said:

I've conquered all the chippies
I'm never gonna stop
Chips and peas and gravy
I've ate the fookin lot

Pepperoni pizzas
And chicken vindaloo
I'm a big fat bastard
'Cause I love my fucking food

Allez, Allez, Allez
Allez, Allez, Allez 

Well after 20 plus years of co-running the festival that's a surprising first post from EE. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Well after 20 plus years of co-running the festival that's a surprising first post from EE. 

Now I want to know what stalls have the best chips peas & gravy, pepperoni pizzas and chicken vindaloo as I've never tried them at Glastonbury 🤔 I'll tweet Emily incase she's already banned from here 👍

8 hours ago, rebus said:

One of my absolute favourites as well.  Also my favourite curry to cook.  Found the Matakatcha recipe online here 

https://www.irishbeef.co.uk/recipe/makatchas-indonesian-beef-rendang/

Festival version is shredded and the recipe remains whole pieces but can be broken apart if desired.  Wonderful.

Omg thank you! Going to give this a go...so so so good!!

Still yet to figure out what they mean by Saxon 02 as their location? Anyone know where this is referring to?