Another food thread…

Hugh Jass II

last year thgere was a stall doing salted aquid and halumi chips next to the yellow  veggie indian stall (always there) on the main drag, just a few steps out of the west holts field. hope thats back want more of that crispy squid

9 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Oh My God that's got my mouth watering.

I'm particularly bad at eating well at Glastonbury - despite all the options - and it's something I'm hoping to do better at this year.

Yes, I’m the same, stuff myself with pie and mash, burgers, fish and chips etc then see the great food stalls especially at west holts ! 

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

last year thgere was a stall doing salted aquid and halumi chips next to the yellow  veggie indian stall (always there) on the main drag, just a few steps out of the west holts field. hope thats back want more of that crispy squid

That was Giggling Squid! Weirdly bumped into Spiderman there (the second one, Andrew Garfield). Amazing fresh fried squid, they did a chili and garlic one or a honey and sesame i think.

I had one, then queued up and had the other - both amazing 

• Like 1

I was speaking to the head of markets the other day (for a telling off, naturally) and she told me they put a huge amount of effort into the layout of food. Generally speaking, if you're in one of the bigger market areas and you turn fully around, you should be able to find pretty much one of everything: shitty chips, veggie, vegan, fish, meat, etc. They try pretty hard to make it as easy as possible to find variety. So next time you're about to make the same poor choice for the 3rd time that day, do a little twirl and see what's what!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Place in Williams Green does great chicken too. And they'll give you some under the counter hot sauce if you ask them. Its, err, really hot.

Thanks, duly noted.

If you like Jerk Chicken, the the place at the top of the park is great. Normally I'm in for some Goat curry

half man half burger are typically just down between JP and the Beat hotel, and their burgers are absolutely fantastic - theyre from St Leonards, just down the road from me. Im at a stage in my life where i can only eat red meat about once a week or so, so im going all in on them 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

half man half burger are typically just down between JP and the Beat hotel, and their burgers are absolutely fantastic - theyre from St Leonards, just down the road from me. Im at a stage in my life where i can only eat red meat about once a week or so, so im going all in on them 

Had one of their Burgers in 2016, must admit it was fantastic!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Didn't realise Burger and Beyond were there in 2019! Have had a fair few of their burgers in London and they are extremely good.

Wonder how many first timer food trucks will be there this year?

They were off to the right of the other stage, toward the glade.

I reckon quite a few first timers. Lockdown will have killed a lot of businesses and a lot of people will have decided that Food Truck Life is what they want now they're free. A lot of masterchef has been watched!

4 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Had one of their Burgers in 2016, must admit it was fantastic!

it never comes out quickly, and im a bit of a greedy sod and impatient, but its well worth the wait 😆 

They only serve burgers at festivals, but if ever youre in Sussex and at their restaurants, the chili cheese fries are ooh, god, just remembering them is delicious. Theyre lifechangingly good!