110 Above 2022

TheDHolford

Anyone going to 110 Above this year? 

Went for the first time last year and loved it. A really intimate and chilled out festival, small capacity but big named acts. Line up isn't quite as strong for me this year, but still some great names and I am sure there's going to be some nice surprises in these final annoucements.

Intrigued by the change of Elizabeth Stage becoming the main stage rather than Commune, but all four of the stages really worked for me last year. 

Any thoughts on who these final names might be?

278673739_2307169012765234_6805472599969871778_n.jpg

On 5/6/2022 at 4:49 PM, gfa said:

solid lineup like last year, wish they would announce the final names as its getting pretty late now to not have all headliners

Next announcement (I presume final too), is on Monday! Hoping for some more good names to be added, though it's already pretty strong! 

After going to the previous two we're having a year off this year. Had Kendal Calling tickets rolled over from last year, and managed to land Glastonbury tickets. Plus the Coldplay night we're going to is the Tuesday after 110. 

It's still my favourite non Glastonbury festival so will be back next year regardless of the lineup (which is excellent again this year even with so much to come)

I'll be going. Went for the first time last year and loved it. Great atmosphere, everyone super friendly. What a festival should be.

Liking the line up so far, two great headliners and a load of excellent acts on the undercard. Few highlights for me are: the Academic, Kawala, Red Rum Club, Lola Young and Vistas. 

Key thing I hope they improve this year is shortening the queue times for drinks. 

Any predictions/wishes for the announcement on Monday?

Some bands that I'd love to see that could realistically do it (to the best of my knowledge) are: Dinosaur Pile-up, DMA's, the Big Moon, Oscar Lang (think this one's likely as he was cancelled last year).

Yeah Dinosaur Pile Up and The Big Moon are both good shouts. I’d like to see Kid Kapichi, Bob Vylan and Lauran Hibberd added. Who are we thinking for the Friday headliner as Sea Girls and Everything Everything are decent sized headliners. 

Some good additions to the linup. Strange that Amazons are headlining for a second year running, but they were one of my top acts of last year, so can't complain! 

Happy to see bad Sounds, The Royston Club, The Covasettes, Hinds and Deco all added. Pretty decent lineup considering the price, and is always a fun, relaxed festival! 

FS3iqeoXsAEDgx0.jpg

37 minutes ago, gregory said:

Anyone know where I can see the schedule for last year, to get an idea of the headliner clashes etc? Google isn't giving much away...

I'm pretty sure top 2 stage headliners don't clash if that helps, they have replied this on twitter etc . don't quote me though, maybe tweet at them asking just to check 🙂

3 hours ago, gfa said:

I'm pretty sure top 2 stage headliners don't clash if that helps, they have replied this on twitter etc . don't quote me though, maybe tweet at them asking just to check 🙂

Yeah, they didn't clash last year. Very few clashes between bigger acts during the fest in general.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:41 AM, TheDHolford said:

Some good additions to the linup. Strange that Amazons are headlining for a second year running, but they were one of my top acts of last year, so can't complain! 

Happy to see bad Sounds, The Royston Club, The Covasettes, Hinds and Deco all added. Pretty decent lineup considering the price, and is always a fun, relaxed festival! 

FS3iqeoXsAEDgx0.jpg

Yeah, in some ways it is a shame as it is nice to see someone new. I guess it is tricky for smaller festivals to get new headliners every year as they haven't got the contacts. They were great last year and played an extra long set (without being asked to) just because they loved the crowd so I'm sure it'll still be banging. Great set of headliners overall though.

4 hours ago, gregory said:

Anyone know where I can see the schedule for last year, to get an idea of the headliner clashes etc? Google isn't giving much away...

I'll try and post some of the litte booklet of stage times from last years later on, when I'm home. I don't think the headliners of any stage clashed, pretty sure each finishes a good ten or so minutes before the next starts. 

I remember having only one clash last year from acts I wanted to see, and that was the middle of the day Saturday. It's organised between the four stages really well overall. 

30 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Yeah, in some ways it is a shame as it is nice to see someone new. I guess it is tricky for smaller festivals to get new headliners every year as they haven't got the contacts. They were great last year and played an extra long set (without being asked to) just because they loved the crowd so I'm sure it'll still be banging. Great set of headliners overall though.

Their set last year was great, especially that extended encore of basically playing what the crowd asked for. Certainly looking forward to them, just seems surprising as they've only had one single out since they last played and the new album isn't out till after the festival. 

Still I am sure they will smash it! 

Got a feeling The Amazons were likely a late replacement after being let down by someone else - I'd be surprised if a repeat headliner from last year was the first choice, though I could be wrong. 

On clashes, there were none for the headliners (and if I recall correctly the Elizabeth and Commune barely crossed over at all, with sound bleed being a potential problem). But with the site being so tiny you could easily get between acts in a couple of minutes so could split your time 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Got a feeling The Amazons were likely a late replacement after being let down by someone else - I'd be surprised if a repeat headliner from last year was the first choice, though I could be wrong.  

Yeah, think that is likely as well. Also explains why they were quite late announcing the final headliner.

27 minutes ago, gregory said:

Thank you @efcfanwirral for taking the time to upload those, appreciate it! 

this year there are 6 acts a day per stage though, so I wonder how that will change things…

Ah yes that was the Friday- forgot there were less acts. Here is Saturday - seems the same. Literally the only clash i can remember is needing to leave Vistas early to watch Paris Youth Foundation, mainly because Vistas play gigs more often. 

All they need to do is put a little more bar space in, as the queues were a little longer last year, and it'll be perfect. Not terrible queues, just not 5 minute changeover friendly. 

Screenshot_20220518-095324_Photos.thumb.jpg.127240bf2f38fe33db847ff8ec226b43.jpg

And no worries- realised they were still there in my camera roll! 

Screenshot_20220518-095336_Photos.jpg

Edited by efcfanwirral

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Pigeon Detectives, Larkin's and The Clause are all great additions. Amazing line up, especially considering the price and intimacy. Can't wait. 

What is the capacity, do you know? What kind of crowd is it?

If anyone has found the updated day-split poster w/ new names, share away!

10 hours ago, gregory said:

What is the capacity, do you know? What kind of crowd is it?

If anyone has found the updated day-split poster w/ new names, share away!

Capacity is max 1000. Crowd was very friendly last year. Most people are between 20-30yo but there is all ages.

Here's the new day-splits: 

image.png

Edited by CRW5252
  • Like 1