Worst sets you've seen at RandL

One from every year I have been:

2015: Libertines. They really overestimated their reunion hype didn’t they?

2016: Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Wish I’d gone with all my mates to see Two Door.

2017: Migos. God am I glad they’ve fizzled out.

2018: Fall Out Boy/Kings of Leon. No wonder rock at R&L is dead if this is the shite they pull out the bag.

2019: Becky Hill. She can’t sing live.

2021: Yungblud. See above. One or two of his songs are a guilty pleasure of mine but he is so obnoxious it’s unreal.

OH. How could I forget!? The #1 worst thing I’ve ever seen in 12 years of Leeds going… Russ Millions on MSW last year. Absolutely embarrassing. 10mins of a DJ playing songs with some old fella just shouting random syllables at the crowd before Russ eventually came out and mimed his way though a handful of songs. It was DIRE. 

Surely someone on here must’ve been at the infamous Daphne & Celeste set.

Rae Morris 2018 for me, more for her placement than anything else. Dead set anyway but whoever’s smart idea it was to put her on before the BMTH secret set wants to give their head a shake. Tent was 99% people waiting for Bring Me, wasn’t fair on the girl.

11 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

probably more entertaining than watching yungblud

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

OH. How could I forget!? The #1 worst thing I’ve ever seen in 12 years of Leeds going… Russ Millions on MSW last year. Absolutely embarrassing. 10mins of a DJ playing songs with some old fella just shouting random syllables at the crowd before Russ eventually came out and mimed his way though a handful of songs. It was DIRE. 

YES this. Me and a few friends were watching from far back and it was awful, had no idea what was going on

The Lumineers in 2013 on main stage were especially drab from what I can remember

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Migos 2017 downright horrendous

That was bad, very bad, however...

Having been to every single Reading since 1997, so assuming I've seen on average 8 acts a day I've seen 600 odd sets.

Despite all these there is one solitary moment that sticks out as not only the worst act Ive seen at Reading ever but possible the worst music act Ive seen anywhere ever.

Ladies and Gentlemen Mr Ian Brown, 2019. Utterly awful - 

35 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I was there, they weren't awful by any means and it was a properly spectacular sight. 

Funny to think they were bottled off back then, theyd be properly worshipped these days

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Sounds very much like Migos in 2017!

10 hours ago, Newjem said:

Lil Pump 2018, that was just embarrassing...

At least that was memorably bad. I don’t think they’ll ever have another set like it.

I’d like to imagine Melvin Benn was watching from the side looking horrified. 

Die Antwoord 2016, decided to go and see Russel Howard instead in the Alternative tent who was joking about dildos so 13 year old me was very confused

Libertines 2015, Yungblud last year, not for the band coz I love em but the set and NBT 2018 were poor

And any secret set I’ve seen on the introducing coz you can’t actually hear it

12 hours ago, Benj said:

Having been to every single Reading since 1997, so assuming I've seen on average 8 acts a day I've seen 600 odd sets.

Despite all these there is one solitary moment that sticks out as not only the worst act Ive seen at Reading ever but possible the worst music act Ive seen anywhere ever.

Ian Brown has one of the worst live reputations, worse than RHCP even!

40 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Die Antwoord 2016, decided to go and see Russel Howard instead in the Alternative tent who was joking about dildos so 13 year old me was very confused

Libertines 2015, Yungblud last year, not for the band coz I love em but the set and NBT 2018 were poor

And any secret set I’ve seen on the introducing coz you can’t actually hear it

The Wombats set in 2018 was my first ever set at the festival, could hear it completely fine and it was full of rarely played songs from their first album!

13 hours ago, Benj said:

Jesus wept, I’ve seen better in the Three Legs in Leeds on a Saturday night.

Was very happy when Ian Brown dropped out of headlining(!?) NBHD Weekender because they wanted vaccines or covid tests (never asked for either lmao). Kings of Leon were dreadful, Fall Out Boy was also terrible but I blame that on the extremely quiet sound. Lil Pump and Bexey (before the Frank Carter secret set) in 2018 were the absolute worst I've ever witnessed though, at least Bexey didn't keep singling people out in the crowd and calling them faggots though, wanted to jump up there and knock the little c**t out so fucking bad. Just realised these are all 2018, truly a shite year for Reading.

24 minutes ago, Aech said:

Was very happy when Ian Brown dropped out of headlining(!?) NBHD Weekender because they wanted vaccines or covid tests (never asked for either lmao). Kings of Leon were dreadful, Fall Out Boy was also terrible but I blame that on the extremely quiet sound. Lil Pump and Bexey (before the Frank Carter secret set) in 2018 were the absolute worst I've ever witnessed though, at least Bexey didn't keep singling people out in the crowd and calling them faggots though, wanted to jump up there and knock the little c**t out so fucking bad. Just realised these are all 2018, truly a shite year for Reading.

Yes I forgot about that Bexey set! Utter garbage. Another random placing with a crowd full of people waiting for the following secret set

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Ian Brown has one of the worst live reputations, worse than RHCP even!

The Wombats set in 2018 was my first ever set at the festival, could hear it completely fine and it was full of rarely played songs from their first album!

Nothing But Thieves were in the tent sound was awful and so were they