The Glade - New Location

BL1ND T1G3R

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Well they kind of have.  To a massive pile of dead, diseased wood.

Isn't this likely to be the crux of the matter ash dieback has rendered the glade a much less suitable place for The Glade, so Spirit of 71 redux is where we are at. I'm more concerned with the lake of Spike on the map it also being a venue that is at risk from the dreaded fungus.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Surely the ash dieback theory is overblown? The pictures just a few pages back show plenty of trees there.

If you have trees that may have been weakened by a fungus do you want to stick a massive soundsystem and thousands of people dancing underneath them?

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Isn't this likely to be the crux of the matter ash dieback has rendered the glade a much less suitable place for The Glade, so Spirit of 71 redux is where we are at. I'm more concerned with the lake of Spike on the map it also being a venue that is at risk from the dreaded fungus.

They’ve redone the spike …. Lots of photos of it in the webcam thread … it’s definately going to be there but will be different 

7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Spike isn't going to have the disco ball in the leaves this year, I think that's a pretty safe bet.

EDIT: I'm not saying it won't have a disco ball.  There just won't be many leaves for the light to bounce onto.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

If you have trees that may have been weakened by a fungus do you want to stick a massive soundsystem and thousands of people dancing underneath them?

Well according to the pictures above they’re happy to put a seating/bar area there instead, so will it hurt someone’s head less if a tree branch falls onto their head in that scenario?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well according to the pictures above they’re happy to put a seating/bar area there instead, so will it hurt someone’s head more if a tree branch falls onto their head in that scenario?

Isn't the suggestion that they've completely lopped off the canopy above where the bar is?

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes I’m fully aware of what it is, but you’ve seen the picture of the glade from the other day?

Yep … so the trees will have had the dead stuff taken out …. The other bits that have been weakened might well remain … it’s a mammoth task to remove the entire lot  … @Sawdusty surfer will Give us better knowledge as it’s his speciality 

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No trees no glade no choice 

When will they learn, it's not the glade if it isn't in a fucking Glade . 

last time they put a pizza bar in that area, most pointless thing ever. The Glade is my favourite area, if it is not in the Glade it is just a tent with a DJ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Haha yeah we definitely have to wait and see how it works out - I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised. 

I think it's just disappointing to not have The Glade in, you know, the glade. 

Same...just a bit shocked that it isn't actually going to be in The Glade

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Do we think it could be a sound bleed issue to The Other Stage?

If it is they can’t see the wood for the trees … don’t think it is it’s more likely the issue with the dieback …. It’s been there for many years now and not moved because of that 

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Spike will be there - they've put a lot of effort into improving it over the past year. Mrs B did yoga on the new terrace they've built when we were at Worthy Pastures in August. 

Another theory - after they stuck some speakers in the actual trees in 2019, they realised how good it was to dance under the trees, rather than under a tent looking at a stage, so have leaned into it, and the whole area where the Glade Stage used to be will now be speakers from the main stage, so people can dance under the trees.

Plus, the old Glade stage was starting to look skanky as fuck.  Like, really grotty, to the point that in 2019, they tried to disguise it by adding an extra layer underneath, but you could still see the mould behind it.  So, given it was time to replace the tent, they decided to go bigger and give us the best of both worlds.  Maybe?

2 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Will be a real blow if the spike isn't there  it's a great little area. I've faith they will have the area sorted though, they've had 3 years to get it right after all!

The spike will absolutely be there … they’ve built a new bar and decking