Shangri La lineup

John the Moth

47 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Don't judge a book by its cover and all that but I'm willing to bet that intergalactic brasstronauts are brilliant! 

Saw them recently in York, one of their first gigs I think. Second set was far better than the first. They have potential, not sure they quite know their sound yet. Not quite New York Brass level just yet!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Loads there for me: 

Warmduscher
Bob Vylan - unbelievably hyped for this.
Bonobo
Craig Charles
Fatboy Slim - will be rammo. 
Kae Tempest - essential.
Mandidextrous - real leftfield for me but should be massive fun early hours.
PIGS x7

I'm also an absolute sucker for brass, so will try and catch as much as possible of the following:
Brass Against the machine
Dat Brass
IntergalactiC Brasstronauts
NY Brass Band

Yes yes and more yes and still loads of line ups to come

47 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

What are the likes of Folamour, Dixon and acts of this size likely to be on? Or could it be literally anytime?

As Dixon's doing his Transmoderna show I think he'll be in the Gas Tower to make use of 360' AV visuals. Looks like Folamour's going to be making use of this too with an AV show so would expect to see him on there. Bicep and Max Cooper were among the biggest dance acts on this stage last year and played at 1am - so probably some time around that, but it could really be anytime.

From that line up I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Jamie Jones, Bonobo, Maribou State, Absolute, Archie Hamilton, Partiboi69, Fatboy Slim, Fumez the Engineer playing Gas Tower too. Saoirse and TSHA might be ones for The Sistxrhood.

Edited by sildante
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Potentially exposing my lack of music knowledge here (very very prepared to get on the Spotify playlist) but this is the first poster which doesn't seem to have "stepped up" this year? Some absolutely great stuff on there, but I wouldn't say it's notably stronger then previous years. Which has been the case for other stages/ areas. Obviously happy to be sniped down on that!  

No one else has sniped you down yet so consider this a snipe! 

Dixon/Folamour/Maribou State/Bonobo are bigger than almost anyact they had in 2019. (Bicep were nowhere near as big at the time). 

Compare and contrast

SL_TRUTH_FINAL.png

SL_CLASH-GAS_FINAL.png

2 hours ago, gfa said:

TSHA's 3rd appearance now! liking the options as she's definitely someone i want to watch!

After not knowing about her until last week, she's now firmly towards the top of my must see list. The fact she's playing 3 times now means it'll almost be harder to miss her!!

35 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Maribou State were incredible on West Holts in 2019 - pending clashes I’ll be up for them again

Their DJ set is quite different from their live show. It can be quite light and very eclectic - one time I saw them they played Tame Impala for like 10 mins (which I loved, but got a very mixed reaction). 

Edited by MaxPower

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

No one else has sniped you down yet so consider this a snipe! 

Dixon/Folamour/Maribou State/Bonobo are bigger than almost anyact they had in 2019. (Bicep were nowhere near as big at the time). 

Compare and contrast

SL_TRUTH_FINAL.png

SL_CLASH-GAS_FINAL.png

Ah here I agree generally but Bicep were plenty big in 2019. Sold out Printworks 3 nights in a row in 2018.