Shangri La lineup

John the Moth

8 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Potentially exposing my lack of music knowledge here (very very prepared to get on the Spotify playlist) but this is the first poster which doesn't seem to have "stepped up" this year? Some absolutely great stuff on there, but I wouldn't say it's notably stronger then previous years. Which has been the case for other stages/ areas. Obviously happy to be sniped down on that!  

Usually I know next to nobody on this line up as I'm not a clubber but there's lots of stuff that I am excited about. Bob Vylan, Warmducher, Kae Tempest, Beans on Toast, Fatboy Slim, Hollie Cook, Pigs x 7 are the main ones that stand out to me. 

19 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Looking forward to checking out the names everyone is so excited for on this thread, but it does look a fairly Scum-free announcement. I wonder if they have changed the stages in Shangri La this year?

I think it’s likely there might be a scum/truth style stage which will have acts like Pigsx7, Bob Vylan, Nova Twins and Wargasm on it. Bob Vylan is very good so people should check him out. Pigsx7 well worth a listen as well

Edited by foolee

1 minute ago, foolee said:

I think it’s likely there might be a scum/truth style stage which will have acts like Pigsx7, Bob Vylan, Nova Twins and Wargasm on it. Bob Vylan is very good so people should check him out. Pigsx7 well worth a listen as well

Happy with Pigs/Bob Vylan and the Nova Twins. I'm not a fan of Wargasm to be fair, but I'm not sure this is enough bands to sustain a noisy stage for 4 nights. I do wonder whether Scum maybe sacrificed to make way for more space or an alternative venue, cannot wait to find out! 

16 minutes ago, rubick said:

Where would FBS play in Shangri-La, Truth Stage?

Because holy fuck good luck getting through that crowd. It's bad enough on a Friday afternoon for Craig Charles!

He’s got to be on whilst Macca is surely

12 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Don't judge a book by its cover and all that but I'm willing to bet that intergalactic brasstronauts are brilliant! 

If I remember right from another thread on here, it's the same lot that make up New York Brass Band!

• Upvote 2

can someone remind me which stages they had in 2019, I always get confused with which part is which in the SE corner (probably something to do with the state I’m normally in there) does the Rum Shack ‘belong, to this area?

1 minute ago, Barneym said:

can someone remind me which stages they had in 2019, I always get confused with which part is which in the SE corner (probably something to do with the state I’m normally in there) does the Rum Shack ‘belong, to this area?

I think last time out Shangri-la had Truth Stage, Earache Express, Gas Tower and the Soundclash.