Your go to thirst quencher

EFC1996

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I drink like a man who hates his liver, but White Russians for breakfast? That’s fucking hardcore. I doff my cap.

Once I asked for one for breakfast at a stag. They weren’t sure how to make it, I I had to explain (not exactly a rough one!)…I had finished the night before with one and they opened up for us at 7am as the rugby was on in New Zealand, so figured I’d pick up where I left off. I knew they had no Kahlua, but did have Tia Maria, so that’s what I thought I asked for. Though apparently as I explained how to make one, I said, vodka, tequila, milk…which is what they bloody brought me. As it happens, doesn’t taste that nice! Had to get him to throw a double Tia Maria on top of it to make it palatable. That one worked a treat! 😁

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

I used to bloody love a bottle of Reef! Must be at least 20 years since I’ve seen one.

I assume they stopped making it when plastic straws became a no go as what’s the point if you can’t strawpedo  it. Ah Liverpool university 99-02 take me back

Just back from Seville where the local thirst quencher is Tinto de Verano, which is basically a 1:1 mix of decent red wine and a sharp (Fentimans/San Pellegrino) lemonade.  Mix in a big tumbler over a good handful of ice and a big slice of lemon and that's it.

Delicious.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Tell me you’re Scottish without telling me…

A fish supper and a can  of Irn Bru after a bevvy session and there’s no hangover the next day.  These chew bars were actually banned because of the damage they were doing to kid’s teeth prompting a petition to bring them back.  

17E4CC55-02EA-4128-B551-1590660E1636.jpeg.8657fa47dfdd322ff08340aa4442d671.jpeg

18 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

In 17 there was a local cordial stall just left of the Pyramid, in the 1st group of stalls - they had ice!  I had an elderflower iced cordial & it was utter bliss on that roasting Weds afternoon.

the heat that year was intense werent it? That was the year I had to go to the hospital due to dehydration. I still owe a lot to the team that sorted me out 

10 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Just back from Seville where the local thirst quencher is Tinto de Verano, which is basically a 1:1 mix of decent red wine and a sharp (Fentimans/San Pellegrino) lemonade.  Mix in a big tumbler over a good handful of ice and a big slice of lemon and that's it.

Delicious.

Have you ever come across the Spanish habit of mixing red wine and cola. Seems like a bizarre combination but apparently it’s popular. 

I need to take out shares in lucozade. I seem to live on Lucozade sport at the moment. 

Not a drink, but white tic tacs are a staple for us now. They were giving them out for free at a V festival I went to years ago, and when you are feeling a bit gammy mouthed they really do the trick. Always take a few packs with us, so well done to the marketing team who decided to give them out all those years ago

55 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

the heat that year was intense werent it? That was the year I had to go to the hospital due to dehydration. I still owe a lot to the team that sorted me out 

There was just zero fresh air, managed to find a tiny breeze under the tree at bottom outside Park entrance, it was a relief when the sun went down, then thurs was def cooler.  Didn't go in 19 but if the heat was anything like it was in Dam the same week then i couldn't have handled it!

Hope you didn't miss too much by going to hospital?  Festival Welfare & medical teams really are amazing.

Hydrate people!

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Have you ever come across the Spanish habit of mixing red wine and cola. Seems like a bizarre combination but apparently it’s popular. 

I need to take out shares in lucozade. I seem to live on Lucozade sport at the moment. 

Yeah...Calimocho....that's popular as you say.  Didn't try it there but we'll give it a go at home I think.

34 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I was chatting with a group of students outside a bar in Bilbao a few years ago who were all drinking it. When I expressed my horror, they just shrugged and said "it's cheap!"

1 hour ago, DirtyLurker said:

There was just zero fresh air, managed to find a tiny breeze under the tree at bottom outside Park entrance, it was a relief when the sun went down, then thurs was def cooler.  Didn't go in 19 but if the heat was anything like it was in Dam the same week then i couldn't have handled it!

Hope you didn't miss too much by going to hospital?  Festival Welfare & medical teams really are amazing.

Hydrate people!

I missed the Wednesday, had to get my tent put up for me whilst the medics put me on an IV and then on Wednesday night I just slept and woke up fresh on Thursday, actually turned out to be the best year that I had there thankfully 

1 hour ago, EFC1996 said:

I missed the Wednesday, had to get my tent put up for me whilst the medics put me on an IV and then on Wednesday night I just slept and woke up fresh on Thursday, actually turned out to be the best year that I had there thankfully 

jeez, thats brutal, just the heat too much in the queue/ i didnt go that year, that Wed weather sounds too much! Glad they sorted you out and you felt better though

As for refreshment, desperadoes, man alive they keep me going and also keep me falling over, but so damn refreshing