Your go to thirst quencher

EFC1996

Apologies if this is random but what’s your go to refreshing drink. I’m talking about the drink you have when it’s Saturday night/Sunday, you’re bored of the same drink and your mouth tastes like a flip flop. When you just need a proper thirst quencher. Alcoholic or non-alcoholic 

I've no idea what the stall was called, but during that ridiculous heat on the Saturday afternoon I stumbled across a cordial stall somewhere near the T&C, and the blackcurrant cordial was ice cold and simply divine! Water wasn't cutting it, cider was going down far too quickly and not quenching the thirst, but that glass of cordial was like nectar. 

I feel like this should be in the controversial thread... not sure if it's happened at Glastonbury but a few times a can of Hooch has brought me back into the game.

In fact, a few eFesters have actually seen the healing power of the lemon nectar on me..!!

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I feel like this should be in the controversial thread... not sure if it's happened at Glastonbury but a few times a can of Hooch has brought me back into the game.

In fact, a few eFesters have actually seen the healing power of the lemon nectar on me..!!

I have to agree here, a can of hooch has sorted me out the day after a couple of times before. A mate in work recommended it i was hasty at first but it hit the spot to be fair 

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

If we're talking retro and controversial, then a bottle of ice cold Reef would be perfect! Alas I've never seen it for years, and doubt they do/did a plastic bottle version. 😞 

The little fresh lemonade geezer who was in West Holts by the side of La grande bouffe - wasn’t there in 2019, annoyingly, but he made amazing fresh fruit drinks primarily involving three squeezed lemons, and my favourite version had coconut milk as well - it was a wonderful hangover cure, and also lovely with a good tot of rum as well

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

If we're talking retro and controversial, then a bottle of ice cold Reef would be perfect! Alas I've never seen it for years, and doubt they do/did a plastic bottle version. 😞 

I used to bloody love a bottle of Reef! Must be at least 20 years since I’ve seen one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

The little fresh lemonade geezer who was in West Holts by the side of La grande bouffe - wasn’t there in 2019, annoyingly, but he made amazing fresh fruit drinks primarily involving three squeezed lemons, and my favourite version had coconut milk as well - it was a wonderful hangover cure, and also lovely with a good tot of rum as well

This. I usually go for the lemonberry at least once every year, which has the addition of blended strawberries. I vaguely recall seeing the stall in 2019 but it possibly moved.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tremas said:

This. I usually go for the lemonberry at least once every year, which has the addition of blended strawberries. I vaguely recall seeing the stall in 2019 but it possibly moved.

I hope I find him again, I was bothering the poor bloke twice a day in 16 and 17 😂 

27 minutes ago, Tremas said:

This. Tremendous pick me up. Then back on the Festival Strength Brothers.

Not a thirst quencher at all, but a milkshake full of rum has restarted my engine on many an occasion! (kinder bueno works rather well). Most festivals I've been to just make the milkshake and then you add your own rum, Glasto being as it is, I hand over the rum, they make a batch for all of us and one for themselves. Either that or a white Russian (might need to call them something else this year!)....we usually bring pre-mixed vodka and Kahlua for the eventual point in the evening (or morning) that it's required. Excellent for breakfast with ice cold milk from the tractor!

8 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Not a thirst quencher at all, but a milkshake full of rum has restarted my engine on many an occasion! (kinder bueno works rather well). Most festivals I've been to just make the milkshake and then you add your own rum, Glasto being as it is, I hand over the rum, they make a batch for all of us and one for themselves. Either that or a white Russian (might need to call them something else this year!)....we usually bring pre-mixed vodka and Kahlua for the eventual point in the evening (or morning) that it's required. Excellent for breakfast with ice cold milk from the tractor!

I drink like a man who hates his liver, but White Russians for breakfast? That’s fucking hardcore. I doff my cap.

• Like 1