Crew Bars 2022

stuie

6 hours ago, marktea said:

So does any type of crew wristband generally gain access to these bars or - as in the case of the Park that someone mentioned - do they usually have to be area specific?  

Depends on the bar I think. A T&C crew band got me into Maceo's and the Unfairground bar (I think). I didn't try any others though.

On the night of the Brexit vote, 2016, I found myself...somewhat pissed and dishevelled...in some backstage bar in the SE corner.   I seem to recall the bar was a bit kitsch.  Unless I was hallucinating, I think there was leopard-skin patterned wall paper (or similar) and there was a small stage.  Can anyone tell me where I was? 

Anyway, as anyone who who attended in 2016 will know, manoeuvring around any part of the site was problematic.  More so, for those who are shit-faced. I seem to recall taking more than one tumble, on the way back home.  I woke up at some horribly early hour of the morning, with an aneurysm of a hangover, to the words "Oh no, we've left the EU" ringing out from a nearby tent.  I was amazed I'd found my way back to my berth at the top of South Park 1 and wondered if the vague memories of my foray into the backstage world were but a dream. They weren't...but where the hell did I get to?  It's been a niggling question ever since.   

7 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Yep. Hitch and tow  , acoustic and west holts as well

When the Tow & Hitch put up the request for DJs on Facebook I messaged to ask if they were going to let people in with non-Arcadia crew bands this year. They replied very curtly that it was Arcadia only.

Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

Probably true for when Carl Cox and Chase and Status are on and their viewing platform is rammed. Possibly not for early evening when it’s dead.

I only use crew bars Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. Not much point while every other bar is open  apart from using Toilet if it is closest.  Apart from T@C as I work there. Tuesday is their opening party and Wednesdsy Glenn Tilbrook normally plays. Have a good selection of beers too so get one on my way out into the festival and night cap

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I only use crew bars Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. Not much point while every other bar is open  apart from using Toilet if it is closest.  Apart from T@C as I work there. Tuesday is their opening party and Wednesdsy Glenn Tilbrook normally plays. Have a good selection of beers too so get one on my way out into the festival and night cap

I had a T&C band in 2019, very nice bar, and managed a few lovely hours in there... is the opening party invite only or does a T&C band get you into it . West Holts is my crew toilet bar stop, seems to be where I am when I need to go lol.

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

How does one find out who is playing when in T&C (was it the green room bar from memory)?

16 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh really ? I thought a crew bar pass got you in there, (eg the fabric one), and just Maceos' with standard also gets you in, but what do I know lol .... I really don;t know what the rules are - do they change ?

I think it depends on how busy the bar is at the time. I got into Maceo's on the Weds or Thurs in 2019 with a T&C wristband. I saw there was a desk with some people next to it with a pile of Block9 wristbands, I asked if I could have some for my and my mates, they told me that out T&C wristbands would get us in there unless the bar was really busy in which they would only let people in with Block9 wristbands. They gave me a load anyway and I got in there no probs whenever I tried.

I got into the bar behind the Avalon Cafe too (Pinky's?) with a T&C band, but that might have been because we played on the Avalon Cafe stage. My mates got in there on other days though, so maybe it was fine with a T&C band.

Edited by Johnnyseven

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I had a T&C band in 2019, very nice bar, and managed a few lovely hours in there... is the opening party invite only or does a T&C band get you into it . West Holts is my crew toilet bar stop, seems to be where I am when I need to go lol.

T@C band will get you in on Tuesdsy. Normally DJ playing a good selection and gets nice and busy. Performers kicking back before work starts

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

for the Green Room, theres a board outside with set times, eg, this from 2019:

image.thumb.png.5695dc0ed8dc870055b842ac04e74317.png

The band I played with is on that board! With added spelling mistake. That was a rough gig after 5 days partying and too much Burrow Hill that afternoon. Apparently Phil Jupitus was watching us.

Edited by Johnnyseven

12 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

T@C band will get you in on Tuesdsy. Normally DJ playing a good selection and gets nice and busy. Performers kicking back before work starts

Thank you v much, hopefully get one again this year and will pop by ... the butterflies of anticipation have started 

Shangri-La, Unfairground, Maceo's & Tow & Hitch are normally all crew bands and I've never been questioned with the Site Wide wristband. West Holts is usually fine, but when it's super busy they've knocked non-WH bands back. The older Arcadia staff bar (pre-tow & hitch) used to be only Arcadia band holders and we'd get paper bands early on in the festival.  

The Acoustic I've only ever been in once, and T&C when I've had an additional band. 

It's really good for meeting up with pals and loo stops!

On 5/19/2022 at 12:22 AM, warriormonk said:

On the night of the Brexit vote, 2016, I found myself...somewhat pissed and dishevelled...in some backstage bar in the SE corner.   I seem to recall the bar was a bit kitsch.  Unless I was hallucinating, I think there was leopard-skin patterned wall paper (or similar) and there was a small stage.  Can anyone tell me where I was? 

That'll be The Gorilla Bar. 

• Thanks 1