Crew Bars 2022

stuie

14 minutes ago, marktea said:

So does any type of crew wristband generally gain access to these bars or - as in the case of the Park that someone mentioned - do they usually have to be area specific?  

They are area specific, you won't get into The Park with a West Holts crew band for example.

However, the other crew bars can be a 'try it and see' - I asked to go into the Tow and Hitch using my West Holts crew band and they were cool with it.

Maceos said no 🙂

30 minutes ago, marktea said:

So does any type of crew wristband generally gain access to these bars or - as in the case of the Park that someone mentioned - do they usually have to be area specific?  

A mix, some will let you in wiht a crew pass, some willl let you in before festival with a crew pass but need an additional band once the festival is on and some are area only specific so will only let you in with a band 

28 minutes ago, paulshane said:

However, the other crew bars can be a 'try it and see' - I asked to go into the Tow and Hitch using my West Holts crew band and they were cool with it.

17 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Most bars, expect the main stages let you in. T&C don't

Also you get discounts at certain food stalls. Worth an ask

14 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

A mix, some will let you in wiht a crew pass, some willl let you in before festival with a crew pass but need an additional band once the festival is on and some are area only specific so will only let you in with a band 

Thanks all, I'll give it a go and see where it gets me! As if there wasn't enough choice already 😄

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

or a general crew band lets you in Maceos 

I found Monday to Thursday in maceos, tow and hitch etc they let you in (oxfam crew wristband) but Friday to Sunday its area crew only which is cool as the whole place is tumpin by then anyway 😎

48 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

There may be a possibility of me Djing in the Tow and Hitch. I’ve contacted them and seamed keen on what I play. Just waiting to hear back. Would be a dream come true if it happened.

Let me know when and I’ll come and watch if I’m not on shift

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

They are area specific, you won't get into The Park with a West Holts crew band for example.

Maceos said no 🙂

I got into Maceo’s with an Avalon/Glade band. But nothing much going on there at the time. 

In 2016 when I went into Maceos and some other crew bars I asked if I needed an extra band or not and they gave me one. In 2019 I asked the same question and was told my recycling crew one was fine.  I didn't really have any problems in 2019 (though didn't try Acoustic during the main festival as i understand they weren't letting people in without an Acoustic band)but will probably ask again this year just to be sure.