Where to go for Pudding?

Junglist1981

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Or for dessert if you're posh.

Inspired by the crumble stall that Billy Bragg likes

Can you recommend anywhere else to get a bowl of something tasty and sweet?

There's a gateaux stall that we love, it's in the market near the bandstand (I think). Have been back for seconds many times. Black Forest Gateaux, Strawberry Gateaux... other gateaux's... Highly recommended.

That guy from Great British Bakeoff who made the banging Key Lime Pie had a stall in Williams Green selling said pie for a couple of years at least. Dunno if he still does it?

There's a good brownie stall in Williams Green too, think it's a yellow van thing maybe? Nice bowl of chocolate brownie and ice cream or custard. Yum.

Also I count the hot cider from the cider bus as pudding. Fucking lovely.

If you see this thread, on page 2 and 3 both @Kim Wrong-Un and @jefwefwefare very keen on chronicling food locations, including bakeries, etc...

14 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Not usually one for dessert at festivals outside of a whippy, but I need crumble. I don't know how I'd never seen that before.

If i saw actual Linvoy Primus eating crumble at glastonbury, i think id faint with excitement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve never had a pudding or even an ice cream at Glastonbury in 10 visits. Never felt the urge for something sweet but I’ve always been a beer in the queue then non stop drinking till Monday, carbs were what I craved. 2 toddlers in tow this year so drinking will be minimal so will indulge in a few of these places. I’m sure the kids will enjoy them as well

Crumbleshack and Mendip Moments are both high up my list for this year after lots of recommendations.

In 2019 my daughter pestered me for waffles and ice cream just as you start walking from the RHS of the Pyramid (looking at the stage) to Other. The place that says WAFFLES in light bulbs. It exceeded my expectations, great post-headliner.

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Rhubarb crumble and thick custard made with full cream milk. . A real stomach liner. 
@blutarsky, where is no bones jones? The bread and butter pudding sounds as if it needs a tasting. 

Between Yeoman’s Bridge and William’s Green on the right. It’s not much past Yeoman’s Bridge, second stall after the entrance to the back of the market area. 
Tell them Emily’s brother sent you. 

• Thanks 1

There is a cake stall in the Acoustic stage (The Cake Hole I think)and they do a mean crumble and other lovely sponges that are served with hot custard (if you want).  When it was cold and wet in 2016, I had a few of these and they certainly cheered me up.  Just for the record, I went back again when it was warm and dry in later years, and the cakes are just as good.

IMG_3782.thumb.jpg.e0acff4076d8262b2f92e48d03447450.jpgIMG_3783.thumb.jpg.ccfc696a289a01f3e20b69e2a6617698.jpg

1 hour ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Crumbleshack and Mendip Moments are both high up my list for this year after lots of recommendations.

In 2019 my daughter pestered me for waffles and ice cream just as you start walking from the RHS of the Pyramid (looking at the stage) to Other. The place that says WAFFLES in light bulbs. It exceeded my expectations, great post-headliner.

I hope it made it onto your map 😉

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

There is a cake stall in the Acoustic stage (The Cake Hole I think)and they do a mean crumble and other lovely sponges that are served with hot custard (if you want).  When it was cold and wet in 2016, I had a few of these and they certainly cheered me up.  Just for the record, I went back again when it was warm and dry in later years, and the cakes are just as good.

IMG_3782.thumb.jpg.e0acff4076d8262b2f92e48d03447450.jpgIMG_3783.thumb.jpg.ccfc696a289a01f3e20b69e2a6617698.jpg

I had an Eve's pudding and custard from there one year. Bloody marvellous! 

34 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The Gateux place people are talking about may be Just Desserts. Avoided them for years as they look a bit naff, and so many cakes, no-one can make that many good cakes right? They can. The Banoffe Pie was amazing.

Tent Sniffing for Beginners: Swamps, Stages, Sun, and Sweat (Glastonbury  ...continued)

Sticky toffee pudding and custard! That’s what I’m talking about!!