Where to go for Pudding?

Junglist1981

Or for dessert if you're posh.

Inspired by the crumble stall that Billy Bragg likes

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

image.thumb.png.d15187c4ecb2e54219caba75279f1106.png

Can you recommend anywhere else to get a bowl of something tasty and sweet?

There's a gateaux stall that we love, it's in the market near the bandstand (I think). Have been back for seconds many times. Black Forest Gateaux, Strawberry Gateaux... other gateaux's... Highly recommended.

That guy from Great British Bakeoff who made the banging Key Lime Pie had a stall in Williams Green selling said pie for a couple of years at least. Dunno if he still does it?

There's a good brownie stall in Williams Green too, think it's a yellow van thing maybe? Nice bowl of chocolate brownie and ice cream or custard. Yum.

Also I count the hot cider from the cider bus as pudding. Fucking lovely.

a bloody gateaux stall 😆 its wonderful, dont get me wrong, but when defending the festival from people who say its all too middle class and Guardian these days, having a gateaux stall doesnt help at all

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

a bloody gateaux stall 😆 its wonderful, dont get me wrong, but when defending the festival from people who say its all too middle class and Guardian these days, having a gateaux stall doesnt help at all

Shut up and pass me the houmous.

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It's been there years! Nothing wrong with gateaux, it's just pudding innit. No room for class wars in the pudding thread! Besides, my Granny was working class as you like and she loved a bit of Black Forest Gateaux, it's 80s as fuck 🙂

Edited by Junglist1981
made it less salty

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

If you are around Acoustic, Mc and Cheese as a main and then Cake Hole for something sweet works out quite well.

(Women's institute! Found back the name... Hoping they reappear this year)

The WI are good, aren't they in the Greenpeace Fields area? 

1 minute ago, moogster said:

Yes, but I think they stopped at some point? Were they back in 2019 (which I missed) ?

Their stall in the Green Futures field only turned up I think once in 2015 (maybe 2016, not certain on that) before disappearing.

Pretty sure they weren't there in 2017 or 2019 though.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Their stall in the Green Futures field only turned up I think once in 2015 (maybe 2016, not certain on that) before disappearing.

Pretty sure they weren't there in 2017 or 2019 though.

😥 Thanks. I will fondly remember them with the likes of yam the cassave. Yam the cassave had decadent and huge cakes too.

34 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

It's been there years! Nothing wrong with gateaux, it's just pudding innit. No room for class wars in the pudding thread! Besides, my Granny was working class as you like and she loved a bit of Black Forest Gateaux, it's 80s as fuck 🙂

Oh mate, i'll be there shovelling it in by the forkful, don't you worry about that! I'm typically a 'pudding only on a sunday' kind of stickler for rules, but glastonbury is glastonbury and daily pudding is more than acceptable while im there. I'm drinking much less these days and that leaves lots of spare calories for pudding *raps spoon on desk*

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Or for dessert if you're posh.

Inspired by the crumble stall that Billy Bragg likes

Can you recommend anywhere else to get a bowl of something tasty and sweet?

There's a gateaux stall that we love, it's in the market near the bandstand (I think). Have been back for seconds many times. Black Forest Gateaux, Strawberry Gateaux... other gateaux's... Highly recommended.

That guy from Great British Bakeoff who made the banging Key Lime Pie had a stall in Williams Green selling said pie for a couple of years at least. Dunno if he still does it?

There's a good brownie stall in Williams Green too, think it's a yellow van thing maybe? Nice bowl of chocolate brownie and ice cream or custard. Yum.

Also I count the hot cider from the cider bus as pudding. Fucking lovely.

I think the key lime pie guy wasn't there last time. Never had the key lime pie but husband always got one of his pizzas. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Churros. Always churros.

Trouble is that I can rarely remember where these things are. My feet just carry me on autopilot.

We always get churros at least once during the festival. It just has to be done. 

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m a big fan of the ice cream sandwiches from Mendip Moments, ideal when the sun’s out and there’s something good on at The Park. I normally end up making a mess but worth it to feel like George Bluth.

I do love those ice cream cookie sandwiches as well. 

I have also enjoyed a cream tea in the Green future fields. 

Had some cake from the Cake Hole up by the Acoustic Tent and there is a cafe place halfway up the hill at the Park (kind of near where the BBC broadcast from) where I seem to recall getting a decent slice of cake one year. 

I will be getting crumble this year. It feels wrong that it didn't happen last time.