What are your headliner choices for Glastonbury 2022?

gooner1990

Friday really is a proper conundrum for me. 

I’ve been so set on Simz for a long long time, but the chance of seeing Jon Hopkins then straight into Four Tet is very very tempting. 

I need to see Four Tet at some point! The other option is to stick with Simz, then see FT Saturday on Arcadia. 

Friday: Primal Scream as not seen them before wouldn't mind seeing Foals or Billie again or Little Simz.

Saturday: Paul McCartney again no other options take my fancy my wife is doing the Waterboys, Hoosiers double bill instead.

Sunday: Nick Mulvey then the remainder of Pet Shop Boys

Fri: Really not sure at the minute - not inspired by any of them.  Will def be at Sam Fender before so may just stay to see a bit of Billie, but reckon it will be a bit dull after watching Sam

Sat: a bit of Macca then down to the Park for Jessie Ware

Sun: PSB

5 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

And how many are going to Macca.  I always knew it would be rammed but...

Macca will see legend slot level crowds, I reckon. Gotta feel a bit sorry for Megan over on Other.

I'll position myself carefully for Macca, as Saturday will be my 'early to the SE Corner' night. His set is so long, I can enjoy a full hour and still slip away.

9 hours ago, circus92 said:

I know this forum is only a small sample, but it is really noticeable how few on this thread will be at Billie.   

You tend to find the Facebook Glastonbury crowd are the inverse of the Efestivals crowd so she’ll be busy enough. On Facebook nobody seems bothered by Little Simz. 😱

14 hours ago, zico martin said:

Never even been to the acoustic stage but love what you're doing there. Fender - Heaton - damned doable or far too much work?

Doable I think. The 2 challenges will be the timing between Fender and Heaton, and then the route from Acoustic to Avalon if they've got the SE Corner access operating by then

Imagining i don't have any bar shifts to worry about (no such luck)...

Friday - idles/heaton

Saturday - Early to SE Corner/truth stage

Sunday - Bicep

Reality, one of these will happen. just waiting to find out which one! 

Edited by garc1a

On 6/1/2022 at 9:45 PM, Ashl said:

Friday: Primal Scream as not seen them before wouldn't mind seeing Foals or Billie again or Little Simz.

Saturday: Paul McCartney again no other options take my fancy my wife is doing the Waterboys, Hoosiers double bill instead.

Sunday: Nick Mulvey then the remainder of Pet Shop Boys

Primal Scream are massively underwhelming live IMO. (seen only twice, but both recent).

Urgh I really don't know

Foals (but I'm tempted with The Damned)

McC is the most logical choice, but my heart says Roisin Murphy and I would have quite liked to see Megan Thee Stallion (but not as a headliner)

Courtney Barnett feels right, but Yola looks like a great curveball choice, and everyone is raving about the PSB show.